Jump to content

Charting the course of XRP


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calm down bois, 100,000 cartons of Hopium supply incoming, take your doses accordingly below: 1. Timing of the SEC case is just weird, if anything is fishy, it probably is. Considering Ripple try

I've been holding XRP long enough to know that after a 10% drop in price over a day or two, people talk about broken promises.  After a 10% rise over a day or two, people talk about how XRP is The Sta

Warnings have been issued.  If you want to get personal with people on this forum you will find yourself without a place to discuss XRP.  Keep it civil those few who are not.  Last warning to those wh

Posted Images

4 hours ago, patriot420 said:

how many coins are you calculating to retire? sounds like a good plan 

you cant make me tell you how much i have, all in all is a very subjective question

1. depends on where you live, if your country has low living cost, you need lesser money to live luxuriously, AND most importantly if the country has tax on crypto (or capital gain tax), if there is, you need even more profits to begin with because taxman is going to take a slice, those in zero capital gain tax country is a blessing, all the profit is yours and you'll not hurt your bottomline of living luxuriously

2. depends on your patience level, telling you im not sick of waiting will be a lie, i revised my target from 100% at $100, then to 1% at $10, then to 5% at $10, 20% at $10, then finally now 88% at $10. Part of the reason why i can afford to sell early is i got a bigger bag over the course of time, the bigger your bag is, the earlier you can afford to sell to get the amount you desired

3. take calculated risk, i actually got a loan when XRP hit $0.2x region, because that time is a fresh new low to me since 2017 bull run. Successful people take loans to start or grow their business, almost all of them leverage on some form of debt to grow big, this is the same case here, it's worth the leverage because solely relying on my salary would be too slow in accumulating. The loan is nothing groundbreaking though, i can comfortably repay with ease, it's not a big loan that can disrupt my life.

4. get the lambo out of your mind, be realistic to yourself what is truly essential for you to have a "reasonably luxurious life", i define that as living within your means while still seem luxurious, but not flaunting your cash everyday you'll sooner or later end up with nothing. One good way to determine that is How much you going to spend per month, and how many years you can last by spending that amount every month

You see? it's a complex topic that's very individual specific

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Hopium said:

you cant make me tell you how much i have, all in all is a very subjective question

1. depends on where you live, if your country has low living cost, you need lesser money to live luxuriously, AND most importantly if the country has tax on crypto (or capital gain tax), if there is, you need even more profits to begin with because taxman is going to take a slice, those in zero capital gain tax country is a blessing, all the profit is yours and you'll not hurt your bottomline of living luxuriously

2. depends on your patience level, telling you im not sick of waiting will be a lie, i revised my target from 100% at $100, then to 1% at $10, then to 5% at $10, 20% at $10, then finally now 88% at $10. Part of the reason why i can afford to sell early is i got a bigger bag over the course of time, the bigger your bag is, the earlier you can afford to sell to get the amount you desired

3. take calculated risk, i actually got a loan when XRP hit $0.2x region, because that time is a fresh new low to me since 2017 bull run. Successful people take loans to start or grow their business, almost all of them leverage on some form of debt to grow big, this is the same case here, it's worth the leverage because solely relying on my salary would be too slow in accumulating. The loan is nothing groundbreaking though, i can comfortably repay with ease, it's not a big loan that can disrupt my life.

4. get the lambo out of your mind, be realistic to yourself what is truly essential for you to have a "reasonably luxurious life", i define that as living within your means while still seem luxurious, but not flaunting your cash everyday you'll sooner or later end up with nothing. One good way to determine that is How much you going to spend per month, and how many years you can last by spending that amount every month

You see? it's a complex topic that's very individual specific

thanks for the reply.

i honestly wouldn't mind still having to trade my whole life. i enjoy it; but it would be nice to make so much that i could take days off tho

Edited by patriot420
missing words
Link to post
Share on other sites

The below is weekly XRPUSD chart, in Daily it has bounced off 0.50 nicely, but in weekly the current candle looking kinda awkward if it is going to close like this, the wick above is too big which resembles a bearish candle where the rally is pushed back strongly by the bears.

I expect the candle body will cover more of the upper wicks by closing time to make it look more normal, if not, might as well it become a red candle and give a big wick below to indicate the bullish pressure is high, the former is more likely IMO.

Bottom line is, as long as the wick dont become the majority of the candle, it will be fine.

 

image.png.83363b26c3ee191bdfc5aea1f67ada4e.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hopium said:

The below is weekly XRPUSD chart, in Daily it has bounced off 0.50 nicely, but in weekly the current candle looking kinda awkward if it is going to close like this, the wick above is too big which resembles a bearish candle where the rally is pushed back strongly by the bears.

I expect the candle body will cover more of the upper wicks by closing time to make it look more normal, if not, might as well it become a red candle and give a big wick below to indicate the bullish pressure is high, the former is more likely IMO.

Bottom line is, as long as the wick dont become the majority of the candle, it will be fine.

 

image.png.83363b26c3ee191bdfc5aea1f67ada4e.png

Such a weekly candle must not be bearish at all, but rather a bit undecided. This evening we'll have a more clear picture (bigger or smaller tail).

By now I see BTC/USD is trading above 20sma both on daily and hourly TF. It's a sign that it's still alive. So if it drags xrp then we close more bullish.

Edited by JJJ2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hopium said:

you cant make me tell you how much i have, all in all is a very subjective question

1. depends on where you live, if your country has low living cost, you need lesser money to live luxuriously, AND most importantly if the country has tax on crypto (or capital gain tax), if there is, you need even more profits to begin with because taxman is going to take a slice, those in zero capital gain tax country is a blessing, all the profit is yours and you'll not hurt your bottomline of living luxuriously

2. depends on your patience level, telling you im not sick of waiting will be a lie, i revised my target from 100% at $100, then to 1% at $10, then to 5% at $10, 20% at $10, then finally now 88% at $10. Part of the reason why i can afford to sell early is i got a bigger bag over the course of time, the bigger your bag is, the earlier you can afford to sell to get the amount you desired

3. take calculated risk, i actually got a loan when XRP hit $0.2x region, because that time is a fresh new low to me since 2017 bull run. Successful people take loans to start or grow their business, almost all of them leverage on some form of debt to grow big, this is the same case here, it's worth the leverage because solely relying on my salary would be too slow in accumulating. The loan is nothing groundbreaking though, i can comfortably repay with ease, it's not a big loan that can disrupt my life.

4. get the lambo out of your mind, be realistic to yourself what is truly essential for you to have a "reasonably luxurious life", i define that as living within your means while still seem luxurious, but not flaunting your cash everyday you'll sooner or later end up with nothing. One good way to determine that is How much you going to spend per month, and how many years you can last by spending that amount every month

You see? it's a complex topic that's very individual specific

Sensible - for the last three years I have been taking small monthly parcels of money out of my business and putting them into XRP, I suppose it is like a pension fund.  When XRP hit the low  .20s high teens  I increased the limits on my personal credit card too and maxed it out to buy extra XRP.  When XRP shot up a few days ago all that money was doubled but I will not touch it until we are in new ATHs plus.  Never invest money you cannot lose, but but borrowing on my credit card when the prices were so low made complete sense to me.  

Now adding money to buy XRP has become silly because at this price the amount I get is less than half what I used to be able to buy and the extra XRP will hardly makes any noticeable difference to my accumulated total. 

What is really bullish is the reversal of the XRP/BTC trend. We will be going to the moon if money flows from BTC into XRP..

Edited by Julian_Williams
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dontsellmeadog said:

Best indicator I use... when the bottom 3 (in my graph) trend the opposite direction of the market you can usually know the market will catch up (or down I could say) to that opposition

May I ask what are the 3 indicators you are displaying here - and what is the timeframe for each candle (Daily, hourly, 15m, 5m, ...)?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Sensible - for the last three years I have been taking small monthly parcels of money out of my business and putting them into XRP, I suppose it is like a pension fund.  When XRP hit the low  .20s high teens  I increased the limits on my personal credit card too and maxed it out to buy extra XRP.  When XRP shot up a few days ago all that money was doubled but I will not touch it until we are in new ATHs plus.  Never invest money you cannot lose, but but borrowing on my credit card when the prices were so low made complete sense to me.  

Now adding money to buy XRP has become silly because at this price the amount I get is less than half what I used to be able to buy and the extra XRP will hardly makes any noticeable difference to my accumulated total. 

What is really bullish is the reversal of the XRP/BTC trend. We will be going to the moon if money flows from BTC into XRP..

get ready to quadruple your bags from debt, looking at monthly chart, we only caught 1 candle, 2 more to come, will hit $2 and $10 respectively.

glad we're on the same boat, sometimes we just gotta take that bold shot, any ordinary folk out there will say we're both crazy leveraging on debt to invest

with my high education background, i have a high salary, more than enough to service the debt instead of accumulating idle cash in savings account, when i see a lot of cash sitting in my bank, i feel uncomfortable, usually i unload them into XRP.

at least $1 is expected, so even at this price, im still buying, i just bought some today, in the grand scheme of things they'll be in profit sooner or later anyway, if you can still buy, buy it.

i'll be wearing my space suit, see you in the outer space

image.png.863c4880efa4eca9d61097cd540c5163.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hopium said:

get ready to quadruple your bags from debt, looking at monthly chart, we only caught 1 candle, 2 more to come, will hit $2 and $10 respectively.

glad we're on the same boat, sometimes we just gotta take that bold shot, any ordinary folk out there will say we're both crazy leveraging on debt to invest

with my high education background, i have a high salary, more than enough to service the debt instead of accumulating idle cash in savings account, when i see a lot of cash sitting in my bank, i feel uncomfortable, usually i unload them into XRP.

at least $1 is expected, so even at this price, im still buying, i just bought some today, in the grand scheme of things they'll be in profit sooner or later anyway, if you can still buy, buy it.

i'll be wearing my space suit, see you in the outer space

image.png.863c4880efa4eca9d61097cd540c5163.png

I have always regarded XRP are an ultra low risk high return investment, lower risk than in something like Virgin Atlantic or anything run by a scammy celebrity superdude .  I can see where this low risk trope came from (BTC looks like a ponzi scheme to me), but this trope does not fit with what I know about the tech and infrastruture of the Ripple XRP project.

WARNING It is important never to invest money you cannot cover easily if it is lost.   Never see money not already in your bank account as being available spending money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I have always regarded XRP are an ultra low risk high return investment, lower risk than in something like Virgin Atlantic or anything run by a scammy celebrity superdude .  I can see where this low risk trope came from (BTC looks like a ponzi scheme to me), but this trope does not fit with what I know about the tech and infrastruture of the Ripple XRP project.

WARNING It is important never to invest money you cannot cover easily if it is lost.   Never see money not already in your bank account as being available spending money.

Same here, especially when it is at 0.2x region, it's basically low risk high return kind of thing at that price point, it can't go much lower but lots of room to upside

Of course money is easily recovered for me, in the maximum worst case scenario xrp go to 0, yes a lot of money will be wasted, but i can rebuild my savings in no time with my high salary, no hard feelings

Yup I won't spend on any big things if that's not my money, for example money coming from credit card or loan, it's dangerous spending with zero investment return, i can wait till it moons then I'll start treating myself the luxury i always wanted, rolex benz etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hopium said:

Same here, especially when it is at 0.2x region, it's basically low risk high return kind of thing at that price point, it can't go much lower but lots of room to upside

Of course money is easily recovered for me, in the maximum worst case scenario xrp go to 0, yes a lot of money will be wasted, but i can rebuild my savings in no time with my high salary, no hard feelings

Yup I won't spend on any big things if that's not my money, for example money coming from credit card or loan, it's dangerous spending with zero investment return, i can wait till it moons then I'll start treating myself the luxury i always wanted, rolex benz etc

I have one question: why can't it go much lower? Where is it written? It can go to 0,1 or 0,05 or 0,005 or 0,0005.

I am just throwing numbers randomly.

By now it seemed that it can't go much lower, but if Ripple's project fails, than xrp will have no value at all.

SO as BTC all want it but for which reason? I think the reason is because they hope it will become something it is not yet or just because people think that others will buy it . So BTC is appreciating because it is appreciating :D

Or am I wrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.