Charting the course of XRP

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calm down bois, 100,000 cartons of Hopium supply incoming, take your doses accordingly below: 1. Timing of the SEC case is just weird, if anything is fishy, it probably is. Considering Ripple try

I've been holding XRP long enough to know that after a 10% drop in price over a day or two, people talk about broken promises.  After a 10% rise over a day or two, people talk about how XRP is The Sta

A few people have now been dismissed for awhile, and the others issued warnings.  If anyone continues to feel the need to troll this or other threads there are other places for you.  Let's keep on top

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Trentsteel said:

Well after seeing it rise 100% in a day , I suppose anything’s possible 😂😂

from +-30 to +-40 is just 33%, so you have to wait for 60 cents, so 2 more days at this rate. :D

Dammit, i'm starting to become positive! Hello Hopium, did you put some of your sh*t in my coffee this morning? :lol:

Edited by retep
16 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

Bitcoin is too slow, it is old tech and it is very expensive.  Also it is very expensive on energy.  It has established this position as a store of value, and it seems it really is ploughing out a role for itself in this space.   I think it will go to 100k but I only touched it once with a  200$ fling and sold at the ATH, because in the end to my mind it is a Ponzi scheme. It has no utility value and its value is underpinned with nothing more than a fake reputation.

What will bring reality crashing in?  Other crypto gaining reputations as stores of value too, this will create a choice, and the choice will act like natural selection on a creatures and plants that lack the advantages of the more recently evolved creatures around them.  This culling of BTC is not going to happen anytime soon, and BTC will be king for many more years. 

I fell for these exact talking points too. So did my medical doctor friend who has higher IQ than most of the general population.

A lot of what you said is true. bitcoin is old tech, it is expensive in energy, it is too slow/doesn't scale etc. Yet the market reality is still saying it is #1 despite the 5000+ new cryptocurrencies coming out after it.

Here are my reasons:

- it has the most transparent, decentralized and honest monetary policy. Contrasted with the central bank. Contrasted with XRP where you have to trust Ripple or their smart contract to stick to their policyand hope they don't don't dump 1b XRP on you every month. 

- humans value things they work for. If you can brrrr money into existence with 0 input then it is abundant and not scarce.

-Economics determined by scarcity, not utility. The most valuable thing around you is the air you breath yet it is free because of how abundant it is. BTC is valuable because of scarcity (you can't print it) and network effect it has, same with XRP.

-where XRP fails/succeeds in the mind of crypto community is the monetary policy. You have to trust Ripple. They can make or break you by buying back their XRP, making it scarce, or dumping it on you, in perpetuity. The fact that Ripple is the biggest bag holder is good and bad. It's bad because they dump on the market and hurt the price but because they are the biggest bag holder they have a strong incentive to keep the price high and they have shown the most aggressive marketing strategies. They can innovate as a company, Bitcoin cannot since it doesn't have such a bag holder willing to contribute.

The price has already hit 40¢. This is encouraging but I'll be watching whether it can break through 60¢ which has been the titanium resistance.

Edited by Gamblord
1 minute ago, Gamblord said:

I fell for these exact talking points too. So did my medical doctor friend who has higher IQ than most of the general population.

A lot of what you said is true. bitcoin is old tech, it is expensive in energy, it is too slow/doesn't scale etc. Yet the market reality is still saying it is #1 despite the 5000+ new cryptocurrencies coming out after it.

Here are my reasons:

- it has the most transparent, decentralized and honest monetary policy. Contrasted with the central bank. Contrasted with XRP where you have to trust Ripple or their smart contract to stick to their policyand hope they don't don't dump 1b XRP on you every month. 

- humans value things they work for. If you can brrrr money into existence with 0 input then it is abundant and not scarce.

-Economics determined by scarcity, not utility. The most valuable thing around you is the air you breath yet it is free because of how abundant it is. BTC is valuable because of scarcity (you can't print it), same with XRP.

-where XRP fails/succeeds in the mind of crypto community is the monetary policy. You have to trust Ripple. They can make or break you by buying back their XRP, making it scarce, or dumping it on you, in perpetuity. The fact that Ripple is the biggest bag holder is good and bad. It's bad because they dump on the market and hurt the price but because they are the biggest bag holder they have a strong incentive to keep the price high and they have shown the most aggressive marketing strategies. They can innovate as a company, Bitcoin cannot since it doesn't have such a bag holder willing to contribute.

The price has already hit 40¢. This is encouraging but I'll be watching whether it can break through 60¢ which has been the titanium resistance.

Excellent post.  Agree on all points.  People make similar arguments about gold being archaic, "the barbarous relic" etc.  And yet, people always flock to it during times of financial stress.  The same will be true of BTC, I believe.