Charting the course of XRP

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Volume a bit on the low side. 

Not sure if it's related, but the Bitso volume is a bit lower than recent metrics. Last eight hours been ranging from 450k to 800k XRP, averaging about 650k - usually on weekdays it's been over 1m. 

Also, the slippage costs are running very high today, instead of usual 0.4% to 0.8% for $5-10k amounts, it's at 1.8% (for even $100 amounts).

The DoM chart of the corridor is way out of normal, see below (sorry about the x-axis label, I'm working on cleaning that up lol).
1618835797_ScreenShot2020-03-02at11_43_01AM.png.1720989ca7ed68fdde7a8f30aacdca06.png

• Replies 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

I really don’t understand why the forum has been getting so heated lately when we are doing SO WELL after YEARS of being in the gutter. You’d think everybody would be saying hello, good morning, how a

Posted Images

On 3/2/2020 at 7:43 PM, JASCoder said:

Not sure if it's related, but the Bitso volume is a bit lower than recent metrics. Last eight hours been ranging from 450k to 800k XRP, averaging about 650k - usually on weekdays it's been over 1m. 

Also, the slippage costs are running very high today, instead of usual 0.4% to 0.8% for $5-10k amounts, it's at 1.8% (for even $100 amounts).

The DoM chart of the corridor is way out of normal, see below (sorry about the x-axis label, I'm working on cleaning that up lol).

ODL seems to have taken a big hit recently , not sure if we can read anything into these fluctuations?  Teething problems?

Screenshot_2020-03-04 RealTime XRP On Demand Liquidity Tracker - ODL Tracking.png

Screenshot_2020-03-04 liquidity-index XRP MXN.png

Edited by Julian_Williams
1 hour ago, Scout said:

Looks like we are on the path to a .10 XRP. This is great news for people who are in the position to buy more to lower their dollar cost average.  0.01 - 0.10 is a great place to be for XRP.

Imagine all the massive buy order we would see at sub 10cents. I would argue that 5 cents is a very healthy level for XRP now after this years parabolic run. Next cycle we might hit 20 cents and retract back to 1 cent. I.e you will probably double your money with XRP buying at 10 & selling at 20. 

4 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

ODL seems to have taken a big hit recently , not sure if we can read anything into these fluctuations?  Teething problems?

Yes, I have been monitoring this closely, and in some cases, quite astounded at the oddities in the BS/Bitso order books.

Take a look at my post in the Bitso thread, I will put up the latest charts - today is deeper in the Bitso book - most I've seen yet. Plus you'll see the hourly patterns for today so far...

( give me about five min to post it in the other thread ) 

1 hour ago, Viggo said:

Imagine all the massive buy order we would see at sub 10cents. I would argue that 5 cents is a very healthy level for XRP now after this years parabolic run. Next cycle we might hit 20 cents and retract back to 1 cent. I.e you will probably double your money with XRP buying at 10 & selling at 20. 

Seen as though this is still a speculative market with BTC at the centre, I suppose the halving cycle should be taken into account. But I gave up on price predictions a while ago as this market is so irrational. I just keep on bringing that DCA down and cash out price closer.

What more can you do besides gamble?

Kind of a boring week for crypto, especially when you consider the massive volatility in equities and bonds this week.  

Some observations from the daily XRPUSD chart:

1)  We remain above the long term support line (blue) having successfully tested it but only briefly falling below (depending on how you draw it).

2)  We have an ascending support line that we have stayed above during the run from $0.17 (purple).

3)  We are just above oversold on the RSI.

4)  We are trending to cross bullish on the MACD in the next few days.

All in all, right now, I'd say that we remain in an intermediate bullish trend since $0.17.   If I had to guess the immediate trajectory of XRP over the next week, the technicals seem to indicate we're due for upward price movement.  It wouldn't surprise me to see us testing $0.27-$0.28 in the next week or so.  If this recent drop down to $0.22 holds, then we have printed a higher low.  I won't get excited until I see a higher high as well (>$0.347).

AGWVn4XT

1R46DgXU

Edited by Guest