Jump to content
Molten

Charting the course of XRP

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, dr_ed said:

I'm not a lawyer either, but the case is pretty clearly related to the general question of whether XRP is a security.

If it is, the complainants have some kind of case. Not a slam dunk, but an arguable case. If XRP is clearly not a security, then Ripple is not likely to lose. That's my take.

This kind of case is not uncommon with stocks that tank, leaving big investors holding the bag.  Tesla has fought this kind of fight with their stockholders. But XRP is not stock...and it shouldn't be called a security either, but the truth is that it's an unknown still.

If the regs come out, the judge can use them either way. If the judge rules for the complainants, the bad thing is that's fuel to add to the argument that XRP is a security.

Ripple can settle rather than allow that to happen. If I were the plaintiffs attorney, that would be my strategy, to try to get them to settle. Glad to hear from anyone on this who can disabuse me of this view.

Not a lawyer either: SEC have said and ICO can start as a security and morph out of being a security.  XRP is now almost certainly not a security but there is a case to be made that it started as a security.

I suppose if it was ruled that XRP had started a security there could be a very hefty cost for damages against Ripple.  But I do not get how anyone who did not buy directly from ripple could have a case.  A big plus for Ripple is that they did not initiate the ICO, they were given the stock.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dr_ed said:

I'm not a lawyer either, but the case is pretty clearly related to the general question of whether XRP is a security.

If it is, the complainants have some kind of case. Not a slam dunk, but an arguable case. If XRP is clearly not a security, then Ripple is not likely to lose. That's my take.

This kind of case is not uncommon with stocks that tank, leaving big investors holding the bag.  Tesla has fought this kind of fight with their stockholders. But XRP is not stock...and it shouldn't be called a security either, but the truth is that it's an unknown still.

If the regs come out, the judge can use them either way. If the judge rules for the complainants, the bad thing is that's fuel to add to the argument that XRP is a security.

Ripple can settle rather than allow that to happen. If I were the plaintiffs attorney, that would be my strategy, to try to get them to settle. Glad to hear from anyone on this who can disabuse me of this view.

I think this is unkown territory, and it could easily go in either direction depending on who can make the better story in court.

The problem with XRP is that Ripple is the single biggest contributor to XRP ecosystem so you could easily find a lot of reasons to call it a security. Ripple also has an undeniably strong ability to manipulate price if they ever chose to.

You can't even really prove that Ripple is or is not dramatically influencing/manipulating the price of XRP due to some unknown method without giving an explanation that would seem like smoke and mirrors to most people.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 9:26 AM, Caracappa said:

I read the decision was rescheduled again to somewhere in February to a new judge, but she did not go with the dismissal thingy. This is going to be stalled and stalled. Perhaps just in time for the new bill proposals to pass so a better decision outcome can be made.

On a side note. I think your price point picks are completely random ;)

Absolutely nothing shall be released before DAVOS, everything is on hold currently.

My price point picks were completely random, but XRP will tank if this decision goes south.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhtSno said:

Absolutely nothing shall be released before DAVOS, everything is on hold currently.

My price point picks were completely random, but XRP will tank if this decision goes south.

Oh dear... what does the XRP army expect from Davos of all things??  The "dot connecting" that the XRP faithful engage in is sometimes cringeworthy.  There are so many real use cases to be excited about, I wish we wouldn't damage our credibility by going into all of the global currency stuff.  But maybe that's not what you were referencing and I am genuinely curious about what the Davos expectation is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Molten said:

Oh dear... what does the XRP army expect from Davos of all things??  The "dot connecting" that the XRP faithful engage in is sometimes cringeworthy.  There are so many real use cases to be excited about, I wish we wouldn't damage our credibility by going into all of the global currency stuff.  But maybe that's not what you were referencing and I am genuinely curious about what the Davos expectation is.

i except them to acnnounce the back of the gold standard togther with... digital asset backed by gold (because china holds tons of gold, this way it is fair for everybuddy and this is what they mean by "level playing field")

this is the only cure for the broken monetary system of our days and we can take advantage of that

Edited by Xill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Xill said:

i except them to acnnounce the back of the gold standard togther with... digital asset backed by gold (because china holds tons of gold, this way it is fair for everybuddy and this is what they mean by "level playing field")

this is the only cure for the broken monetary system of our days and we can take advantage of that

Yeah, that's what I was worried it was about.  I think you can go ahead and cool your jets on that..... there is zero chance that the world's elite are going to decide to relinquish their control on the world's currencies in favor a crypto token owned by a bunch of people like you and me. 

Let's get back to cheering on ODL corridors... you know, the actual use case that XRP was designed for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Molten said:

Yeah, that's what I was worried it was about.  I think you can go ahead and cool your jets on that..... there is zero chance that the world's elite are going to decide to relinquish their control on the world's currencies in favor a crypto token owned by a bunch of people like you and me. 

Let's get back to cheering on ODL corridors... you know, the actual use case that XRP was designed for.

GOLD STANDARD will come soon it doesnt matter what you think about it. the system is broken. trump will fix it and i think they will announce it at davos 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-13/lagarde-urges-ecb-silence-on-strategy-review-before-announcement

 

gold standard is important for china, digital asset backed by gold is important for the west. this is the cycle of economy, nothing wrong with me and you holding it because we bought into speculations. you think they are not hodling it? lol they are (if all of this is truth beside speculations)

 

"Opinions have proliferated in recent weeks over what the ECB assessment should study. Topics include the enigma of why inflation remains low, possible changes to the price-stability goal, and issues that some see as a potential distraction such as climate change and digital currencies."

 

if they wont do it they will lose. 

Edited by Xill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

it seems XRP is making a big thing of .24

Yeah, it seems like XRP 24c & BTC $9k are both meeting some heavy resistance. Hopefully this means when they do finally break through they keep going for a while!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

I really liked the breadth of the rally today. Best day for my portfolio in a few months.

Helps that you are so heavy in VET these days, had a nice little run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Up day for XRP, XTZ, VET, and TKY. Rare to have 4 move at once.

Single days are meaningless, we need at least a few weeks of sustained green! Nice to see though, XRP had been extremely red lately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Molten said:

Oh dear... what does the XRP army expect from Davos of all things??  The "dot connecting" that the XRP faithful engage in is sometimes cringeworthy.  There are so many real use cases to be excited about, I wish we wouldn't damage our credibility by going into all of the global currency stuff.  But maybe that's not what you were referencing and I am genuinely curious about what the Davos expectation is.

Funny thing is half of the XRP army probably never heard of Davos until this week. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XRPUSD has crossed bullish on the weekly RSI (green circle), always a good sign and very consistently predicts for more upward movement.  On the shorter time frame, we are in an ascending triangle having tested the resistance at $0.24 several times.  Every time we tap it, it becomes more likely that we break through, and I suspect there will be a big jump once it is cleared.  I am looking for a pretty quick jump up to ~0.26 after 0.24 is cleared.

h1p2MSab

ObKeNJc2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...