Molten

Charting the course of XRP

8 hours ago, baobeiiiii said:

What a surprise, B SV is tanking. 

or is it correcting?

XRP has lost most of its gains.  We seem to have a lot of sellers in XRP, which I suppose means there are a lot of people trying to get out of the XRP investments and are some way off from the bull run.  (although I believe it quite possible that good news may be coming in to reverse that trend)

A few months ago XRP was four billion ahead of ETH, now it is struggling to keep above half of ETH.

Edited by Julian_Williams

31 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

or is it correcting?

XRP has lost most of its gains.  We seem to have a lot of sellers in XRP, which I suppose means there are a lot of people trying to get out of the XRP investments and are some way off from the bull run.  (although I believe it quite possible that good news may be coming in to reverse that trend)

A few months ago XRP was four billion ahead of ETH, now it is struggling to keep above half of ETH.

Of course it’s correcting. Any short term investors who didn’t take profits on that run are ignorant. Anyone that’s been around 6 months to a year should have seen that correction coming.

XRP pulled back a bit but bounced off the 0.618 fib and is holding well.  Until it breaches that level convincingly, this is all part of a normal retracement after a run.  Any further dropping would suggest that this little run might be over.  $0.223 is an important level to hold.

XNw0lkeV

3 hours ago, Molten said:

Zoom out to the weekly and we still have two green candles in a row and the RSI on the weekly is about to cross bullish which is usually indicative of further gains (all the big runs are preceded by this bullish crossover), sometimes by a few weeks.

Y5OLEMPI

Very important is also that the indicators of Bitcoin are bullish, i.e. a possible positive XRP bullrun is not destroyed by a BTC bear phase

57 minutes ago, WhtSno said:

We shall see 0.15 USD, possibly 0.10 USD if Judge Phyllis doesn't dismiss the 500 XRP case.

I read the decision was rescheduled again to somewhere in February to a new judge, but she did not go with the dismissal thingy. This is going to be stalled and stalled. Perhaps just in time for the new bill proposals to pass so a better decision outcome can be made.

On a side note. I think your price point picks are completely random ;)

47 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

I read the decision was rescheduled again to somewhere in February to a new judge, but she did not go with the dismissal thingy. This is going to be stalled and stalled. Perhaps just in time for the new bill proposals to pass so a better decision outcome can be made.

On a side note. I think your price point picks are completely random ;)

Apparently that judge is quite unsympathetic to big business.  About the dismissal, they never give immediate verdicts, even dismissals take weeks.

It looks more and more to me like the thing that regs are waiting for...... is the Fed...to roll out their digital dollar (probably on the pretext of preventing the next phase of financial collapse)...at which time all sort of things will be made abundantly clear, and perhaps not completely to our liking.

The delay on the Ripple court case was to be expected. No surprise at all.

Edited by dr_ed

I expect another up wave, market wide....either a fainter echo of Tuesday (bad) or a breakout on high volume (good). Any weakness mid-week is just the usual mid-week BS unless the volume picks up. So far so good.

50 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

It looks more and more to me like the thing that regs are waiting for...... is the Fed...to roll out their digital dollar (probably on the pretext of preventing the next phase of financial collapse)...at which time all sort of things will be made abundantly clear, and perhaps not completely to our liking.

The delay on the Ripple court case was to be expected. No surprise at all.

I am not a lawyer. This isn't advice.

As I posted elsewhere.. I have read that with actions such as these, it is in no interest for the defendant to allow a verdict to happen quickly.

The tactic can be to delay delay delay such that the complainant folds as the cost rises. Who knows?

20 minutes ago, WarChest said:

I am not a lawyer. This isn't advice.

As I posted elsewhere.. I have read that with actions such as these, it is in no interest for the defendant to allow a verdict to happen quickly.

The tactic can be to delay delay delay such that the complainant folds as the cost rises. Who knows?

I'm not a lawyer either, but the case is pretty clearly related to the general question of whether XRP is a security.

If it is, the complainants have some kind of case. Not a slam dunk, but an arguable case. If XRP is clearly not a security, then Ripple is not likely to lose. That's my take.

This kind of case is not uncommon with stocks that tank, leaving big investors holding the bag.  Tesla has fought this kind of fight with their stockholders. But XRP is not stock...and it shouldn't be called a security either, but the truth is that it's an unknown still.

If the regs come out, the judge can use them either way. If the judge rules for the complainants, the bad thing is that's fuel to add to the argument that XRP is a security.

Ripple can settle rather than allow that to happen. If I were the plaintiffs attorney, that would be my strategy, to try to get them to settle. Glad to hear from anyone on this who can disabuse me of this view.