Molten

Charting the course of XRP

Those talking about value and price might be interested to read Galgitrons current blog about it.  I don’t agree with absolutely everything he says,  but I do with the vast bulk of it,  and his overall point is entirely correct in my opinion.

http://galgitron.net/Post/The-Case-for-XRP

9 hours ago, Elysium2030 said:

Do you ever worry that you bet on the wrong horse?

No.

But lets evaluate again in say ~five years. Should be much clearer then. Changing the world’s financial plumbing is going to take some time but I think we’ll have enough progress by then to know for certain.

30 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Those talking about value and price might be interested to read Galgitrons current blog about it.  I don’t agree with absolutely everything he says,  but I do with the vast bulk of it,  and his overall point is entirely correct in my opinion.

Good Lord Tiny. That ought to be on the top of the XRP Chat must read list. Tks!

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I don't criticize Galgitron, because I think he  always makes good points, and  I greatly admire his cumudgeonly-ness ( is there a word for this?) and I like his little sailboat avatar (not a Sunfish, maybe a Laser?).

An excellent piece as usual.

I do think that plenty of people show up on our TA thread ready to pronounce TA "absolutely worthless" because Galgitron said so, and therefore it must be right, and so they are perfectly justified in telling me that, even though they don't know their butt from a hole in the ground.

Galgitron can do what he wants and I will do what I do, which has damn little to do with anything having to do with Warren Bufffet.......whom I happen to despise.......more than Bitcoin maxi whales with their superbots and algo trading with zillions of fake bids......and all that goes with this highly manipulated crypto market. I really do get all that, and I still like TA and find it useful.

And I still like XRP, but that doesn't mean hodling XRP is the only way, or even the best way right at this moment in time, to profit from crypto trading. If you're a small investor who studies cryptos and tries to make money in this space, then you're one of US, as far as I'm concerned. If you stay with it you will evolve your own style or you'll lose enough money to make it no longer interesting. Best of luck.

Edited by dr_ed

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

The trouble with this piece is that the argument is about as solid as a Bitcoin maxi in reverse.

I say this with more faith in my xrp investment than I had 2 years ago or more when I first invested. Which for the record is incredibly positive. 

Items I have issue with

1. Value is current and future utility. Sorry but future utility is speculation, even when based on research and expected outcome . Until it happens you are speculating

2. Uses potential adoption '5 trillion a day' as value. No, it's a market size not value. Bitcoin has a value of gold? Or originally replacing fiat? I don't think so.

3. Value is purely utility driven and Bitcoin has non. The ultimate reverse Bitcoin maxi. Bitcoin has the biggest utility to date in crypto. Do I think the utility has a limited shelf life yes. But to say it has non now is as naive as the worst Bitcoin maxi. What is that utility ? Trading other coins and storing value. Why, because that's what people are using it for.

4. Would ripple change to a better performing asset? I don't disagree with his points, but misses the most important. It takes time and effort to build liquidity. Without that a better performing asset is useless. 

His last section I mostly agree with. But again he confuses potential with value.

Let me reiterate that I say this truly believing in the potential of my investment. But I don't confuse that with current value.

I also hold no Bitcoin because I don't believe in it long term, although expect to regret that, because, you know markets.

Let's be true and honest about our investments and open to the positive of other investments even if we are not invested. Our best road to success is knowledge not blind ignorance. 

And just for the record I love our tiny friend. I Usually agree with this ant.

Edited by madToo

5 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Buywalls are usually only psychological. Once the orderbook comes close or starts eating into it they remove the sell order or move it further up.

I hope it stays there xd

55 minutes ago, madToo said:

The trouble with this piece is that the argument is about as solid as a Bitcoin maxi in reverse.

I say this with more faith in my xrp investment than I had 2 years ago or more when I first invested. Which for the record is incredibly positive. 

Items I have issue with

1. Value is current and future utility. Sorry but future utility is speculation, even when based on research and expected outcome . Until it happens you are speculating

2. Uses potential adoption '5 trillion a day' as value. No, it's a market size not value. Bitcoin has a value of gold? Or originally replacing fiat? I don't think so.

3. Value is purely utility driven and Bitcoin has non. The ultimate reverse Bitcoin maxi. Bitcoin has the biggest utility to date in crypto. Do I think the utility has a limited shelf life yes. But to say it has non now is as naive as the worst Bitcoin maxi. What is that utility ? Trading other coins and storing value. Why, because that's what people are using it for.

4. Would ripple change to a better performing asset? I don't disagree with his points, but misses the most important. It takes time and effort to build liquidity. Without that a better performing asset is useless. 

His last section I mostly agree with. But again he confuses potential with value.

Let me reiterate that I say this truly believing in the potential of my investment. But I don't confuse that with current value.

I also hold no Bitcoin because I don't believe in it long term, although expect to regret that, because, you know markets.

Let's be true and honest about our investments and open to the positive of other investments even if we are not invested. Our best road to success is knowledge not blind ignorance. 

And just for the record I love our tiny friend. I Usually agree with this ant.

Excellent post.

7 minutes ago, invest2lose said:

Its crazy that there are people that see bitcoin as worthless and to others its gods gift. 

That's human behavior at its finest. Nothing crazy about it. Everyone always believes they're on the winning side of the bet.

(And everyone can always provide plenty of reasons as to why they're on the winning side of the bet)

4 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

That's human behavior at its finest. Nothing crazy about it. Everyone always believes they're on the winning side of the bet.

(And everyone can always provide plenty of reasons as to why they're on the winning side of the bet)

Thats why im in both. But i believe if btc fails, no other coin will survive. Not even xrp.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, invest2lose said:

Thats why im in both. But i believe if btc fails, no other coin will survive. Not even xrp.

If XRP disappeared someone would have to reinvent it, because the stable coins need a without counter party bridging asset. 

If Bitcoin disappears, no one would reinvent it, because it is seriously flawed in its scalability and energy guzzling distribution which has lead to centralised ownership by big business.

No one can turn the clock back on Digital money or blockchain software, just like no-one can turn the clock back on digital Telecoms the internet and Iphones.

If BTC crashed to zero it might take XRP with it, but I personally doubt it.  More likely it would put us bAck a few years, and after crypto space was reorganised progress faster than with BTC.

Edited by Julian_Williams

5 hours ago, madToo said:

Items I have issue with

Thanks for that detailed reply.  I too didn’t agree with everything he said.  
But I think you may be slightly incorrect on some points.  I mean no disrespect in this response.

On this point I think value always includes an estimate of future utility.  If you get a valuation on a business it will include a multiplier (PE = price per earnings ratio) that is based on future utility.  It’s certainly true that it is a speculative figure...  (in two different ways), but it IS a normal part of making a valuation, ie attempting to ascertain the value.  
So yeah...  because it is so difficult to ascertain what that future utility will be,  it is just speculation to guess at it...  but in his defence Galgitron did not speculate...  he merely made relative determinations which seems a very reasonable approach to me.

Uses potential adoption '5 trillion a day' as value.

I could be wrong but I don’t believe he said that will be the value.  As I type this I realise I need to look...  hang on.  Yep.  Checked and he is using that to give a sense of scale of the potential value flow through XRP.  (Some portion of which will embed into the XRP value but how much?  A great unknown.)

And now I diverge from Galgitron because he seems more certain than I am about future XRP hegemony.  I believe it’s possible range of market share is likely somewhere in the zero to 100% range.  :)   Galgitron seems certain it most likely in the 90% to 100% range.  (I may be misinterpreting him here)

I think you are correct...   he didn’t make this point and it’s very important.  He did kind of touch on it in various parts but it could have been made explicitly to good effect.

I hope you don’t mind that I did a detailed reply...  I have great respect for you and am discussing these finer points without affecting the speed that I would jump into a foxhole with you to fight off a maximalists attack.  :) 

2 hours ago, invest2lose said:

I find it fascinating SBI  appears to share your sentiment.

Ripple stakeholder Japanese bank consortium SBI is opening up a giant BTC mining farm in Texas. They've a goal to manage 30% of the network’s hash rate, their stated goal to bring more stability and institutional confidence into the Crypto space overall.

Crypto Eri covered this news in her video yesterday.

The crypto space’s reliance on BTC kind of reminds me of how the early Internet was hugely dependent upon the unix servers made by Sun Microsystems (now defunct).