Charting the course of XRP

47 minutes ago, baobeiiiii said:

Market falling quite a bit now. 

@TrentsteelDCA'ing yourself down to zero is not a winning strategy. Glad you put the disclaimer that it isn't financial advice.

As expected. The market had no reason to surge in the first place. This is just someone's rinse and repeat exercise to squeeze some $$$ off of these small movements.

They only need to raise the price a few cents to make everyone think the market is recovering, then they can swing and do a "Do See Doh" to profit off of everyone's emotions.

1, 2, ready, go!!! Grab your partner round and round, choke-slam to the Doh See Doh. Now Rinse Repeat Rinse Repeat. Dee doo dee doo diddle dee.

Edited by AlejoMoreno
  • Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

I really don’t understand why the forum has been getting so heated lately when we are doing SO WELL after YEARS of being in the gutter. You’d think everybody would be saying hello, good morning, how a

Posted Images

What's good for BTC is good for alts, until this market matures and changes in some fundamental way that reduces the BTC dominance. So I'm happy to see BTC looking bullish.  I don't love BTC, but it is part of my calculus, always.

I've traded too much this week, but I did rush into XRP in hopes of a real breakout, which so far is not materializing. My tradable piece, which is only about 20% of my hodl, is now back in XTZ, although I probably should have gone 1/2 LINK and 1/2 XTZ.

VET is 60% of my stash, and I'm not trading it at all, because I have invested in an additional X node. My only concern is that VET can hold this approximate level...which I do expect, since the hack couldn't take it back down. Lots of good news coming on utilization with VET too.

XRP back to a distant 3rd in my portfolio, but I am willing and able to trade back into it if we start to see it get more bullish.

I'm spending my VTHO now mostly for SHA, although PLA has turned up and looks like it should be bought too.

The discourse on this thread today makes me very happy. To see opposing POV's presented with a good factual basis has been rare around here for months.

BULLISH!!!!

Edited by dr_ed
10 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

As expected. The market had no reason to surge in the first place. This is just someone's rinse and repeat exercise to squeeze some $$$ off of these small movements.

They only need to raise the price a few cents to make everyone think the market is recovering, then they can swing and do a "Do See Doh" to profit off of everyone's emotions.

1, 2, ready, go!!! Grab your partner round and round, choke-slam to the Doh See Doh. Now Rinse Repeat Rinse Repeat. Dee doo dee doo diddle dee.

It's Wednesday. I'm waiting for Friday before I decide we're still in a pump-and-dump phase of things. Not completely convinced.

XRP still looks pretty bullish to me. One thing is that the momentum to the downside is far less than we've seen on most dumps. The other is that as of right now, anyway,  XRP is hanging on to about half the pump. The RSI is still showing oversold.

Right now XRP is trying to form a bullish crossover on the 5 minute chart (not shown) and if that fails we probably do have more downside..

967963639_ScreenShot2020-01-08at1_23_33PM.thumb.png.5aecd29b2b5fc718477509278de66200.png

XRP following BTC today more or less.  BTC retraced some of its move after trying to penetrate through a very important resistance band; it was rejected on the first pass but this is not unexpected.  Let's see if it tries again and can succeed the next time around.   Usually, it seems third time's the charm.

21uH4Yp2

30 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Those talking about value and price might be interested to read Galgitrons current blog about it.  I don’t agree with absolutely everything he says,  but I do with the vast bulk of it,  and his overall point is entirely correct in my opinion.

http://galgitron.net/Post/The-Case-for-XRP

Good Lord Tiny. That ought to be on the top of the XRP Chat must read list. Tks!

48 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Those talking about value and price might be interested to read Galgitrons current blog about it.  I don’t agree with absolutely everything he says,  but I do with the vast bulk of it,  and his overall point is entirely correct in my opinion.

I don't criticize Galgitron, because I think he  always makes good points, and  I greatly admire his cumudgeonly-ness ( is there a word for this?) and I like his little sailboat avatar (not a Sunfish, maybe a Laser?).

An excellent piece as usual.

I do think that plenty of people show up on our TA thread ready to pronounce TA "absolutely worthless" because Galgitron said so, and therefore it must be right, and so they are perfectly justified in telling me that, even though they don't know their butt from a hole in the ground.

Galgitron can do what he wants and I will do what I do, which has damn little to do with anything having to do with Warren Bufffet.......whom I happen to despise.......more than Bitcoin maxi whales with their superbots and algo trading with zillions of fake bids......and all that goes with this highly manipulated crypto market. I really do get all that, and I still like TA and find it useful.

And I still like XRP, but that doesn't mean hodling XRP is the only way, or even the best way right at this moment in time, to profit from crypto trading. If you're a small investor who studies cryptos and tries to make money in this space, then you're one of US, as far as I'm concerned. If you stay with it you will evolve your own style or you'll lose enough money to make it no longer interesting. Best of luck.

Edited by dr_ed
13 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

The trouble with this piece is that the argument is about as solid as a Bitcoin maxi in reverse.

I say this with more faith in my xrp investment than I had 2 years ago or more when I first invested. Which for the record is incredibly positive. 

Items I have issue with

1. Value is current and future utility. Sorry but future utility is speculation, even when based on research and expected outcome . Until it happens you are speculating

2. Uses potential adoption '5 trillion a day' as value. No, it's a market size not value. Bitcoin has a value of gold? Or originally replacing fiat? I don't think so.

3. Value is purely utility driven and Bitcoin has non. The ultimate reverse Bitcoin maxi. Bitcoin has the biggest utility to date in crypto. Do I think the utility has a limited shelf life yes. But to say it has non now is as naive as the worst Bitcoin maxi. What is that utility ? Trading other coins and storing value. Why, because that's what people are using it for.

4. Would ripple change to a better performing asset? I don't disagree with his points, but misses the most important. It takes time and effort to build liquidity. Without that a better performing asset is useless. 

His last section I mostly agree with. But again he confuses potential with value.

Let me reiterate that I say this truly believing in the potential of my investment. But I don't confuse that with current value.

I also hold no Bitcoin because I don't believe in it long term, although expect to regret that, because, you know markets.

Let's be true and honest about our investments and open to the positive of other investments even if we are not invested. Our best road to success is knowledge not blind ignorance. 

And just for the record I love our tiny friend. I Usually agree with this ant.

Edited by madToo
55 minutes ago, madToo said:

The trouble with this piece is that the argument is about as solid as a Bitcoin maxi in reverse.

I say this with more faith in my xrp investment than I had 2 years ago or more when I first invested. Which for the record is incredibly positive. 

Items I have issue with

1. Value is current and future utility. Sorry but future utility is speculation, even when based on research and expected outcome . Until it happens you are speculating

2. Uses potential adoption '5 trillion a day' as value. No, it's a market size not value. Bitcoin has a value of gold? Or originally replacing fiat? I don't think so.

3. Value is purely utility driven and Bitcoin has non. The ultimate reverse Bitcoin maxi. Bitcoin has the biggest utility to date in crypto. Do I think the utility has a limited shelf life yes. But to say it has non now is as naive as the worst Bitcoin maxi. What is that utility ? Trading other coins and storing value. Why, because that's what people are using it for.

4. Would ripple change to a better performing asset? I don't disagree with his points, but misses the most important. It takes time and effort to build liquidity. Without that a better performing asset is useless. 

His last section I mostly agree with. But again he confuses potential with value.

Let me reiterate that I say this truly believing in the potential of my investment. But I don't confuse that with current value.

I also hold no Bitcoin because I don't believe in it long term, although expect to regret that, because, you know markets.

Let's be true and honest about our investments and open to the positive of other investments even if we are not invested. Our best road to success is knowledge not blind ignorance. 

And just for the record I love our tiny friend. I Usually agree with this ant.

Excellent post.