Molten

Charting the course of XRP

29 minutes ago, FarangKiNok said:

Yes, we are very lucky to see XRP @ 21c! "Most" guys on this forum enjoy deep green profits whereas I’m in blood red.

I’m so red that right now there’s almost no difference being at .21 and 0. I bought at such the wrong the time and had zero subsequent fiat to DCA. I believe in XRP in the long run,  but any potential profit I’ll make at this point will be a nice surprise, as opposed to an expectation. 

On XRP I'm just waiting and watching the 3000 sat level. I'm not as concerned about the downside fromm here as I am missing upside if it reverses.

8538485_ScreenShot2019-12-05at8_21_42AM.thumb.png.3fd684c42be0f7f17931650fbc5d402a.png

I've gotten some insight into the regulatory changes the recent rumors might have been referring to....most of you probably know already...but in August the SEC made some minor changes to the Volcker rule that can be construed as removing the obstacles for banks to own XRP. I'm not sure why the market has not fully appreciated this....maybe there is something else still coming....along the same lines? Dunno, guessing.

Edited by dr_ed

24 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

On XRP I'm just waiting and watching the 3000 sat level. I'm not as concerned about the downside form here as I am missing upside if it reverses.

8538485_ScreenShot2019-12-05at8_21_42AM.thumb.png.3fd684c42be0f7f17931650fbc5d402a.png

I've gotten some insight into the regulatory changes the recent rumors might have been referring to....most of you probably know already...but in August the SEC made some minor changes to the Volcker rule that can be construed as removing the obstacles for banks to own XRP. I'm not sure why the market has not fully appreciated this....maybe there is something else still coming....along the same lines? Dunno, guessing.

More of these signs are popping up, below an excerpt form Off the Chain in where the Binance CEO US explains how they focus on XRP to provide liquidity for corporations (like Toyota). Are they also dipping their toes in the global remittance market and becoming a bank?

Edited by Caracappa

6 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

Above my current understanding to fully respond to this, but here's my best guess.

My answer would be "yes"..... but I see no immediate green light for the market or anything that affects XRP price....until somehow suddenly we were to see that these broad objectives are being met by the use of XRP to provide liquidity. Because of the absolute secrecy in this area, we would get no advance warning if central banks started using XRP the way some people have been claiming they will.

The biggest deal with this piece is the repo market, which is probably NOT stabilized, regardless of what they say. I do not understand exactly how XRP would be used to facilitate better global liquidity for central banks in a way that is revolutionary...but I do think the repo market is currently the biggest threat for a potential credit market lock-up like we almost had in 2008.  

16 hours ago, Molten said:

That, I think, would be a sign of true desperation.  I think they are making a very concerted effort to disprove the notion that they control the price; this would kind of obliterate that notion for what would probably amount to only short term gains. 

I hope that they are not concerned with the price at all and focusing on their company and building out the usage of ODL.  If they are sitting around worrying about the price of XRP, then we truly are f$cked :D

Agreed. I think they will focus on attracting developers to build on XRPL, which will inherently burn XRP. Last week I did some quick tracking of total supply via https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/ - below is the amount of XRP that was burned during the period 11/25/2019 - 12/02/2019.

image.png.d0a43ce0ef8986af5a3a49a3536bfa16.png

During that weekly period a total of 48,649 XRP were burned. Multiplying this by 52 weeks to project how much XRP will be burned a year gets us to ~2.53M however, we keep in mind that the amount burned is variable and can increase or decrease. 

4 hours ago, dr_ed said:

On XRP I'm just waiting and watching the 3000 sat level. I'm not as concerned about the downside fromm here as I am missing upside if it reverses.

Same. Watching the price like a hawk for re-entry position. 

1 minute ago, dr_ed said:

All the short term charts have turned green on XRP.  3000 sats has been touched. Now the fight is on the 3 hr. Here is XRP/USD.

We'll see if we can break .23 - Hard to believe it's held under that since 19NOV !