Charting the course of XRP

19 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Yeah many people actually had a tax liability they were unaware of due to Crypto-crypto trades and then,  by the time they found out because the whole market had collapsed their bags were worth less than the tax bill.  So some lost all.

Be very careful with tax.

Ouch!  That sounds very bad and wrong.  This can only happen whilst the values are speculative and the currencies are not being used.   It cannot continue like that because you cannot tax a working currency.  You cannot calculate the tax on the XRP used in currency conversion or every cup of coffee you buy with a crypto.

19 hours ago, dr_ed said:

Please feel free to critique or disagree with any of my strategies. Rational arguments preferred, as always....        :)

I'm definitely a VET bull, who has several National-Level partnerships with the Chinese government.  The good is it has the backing from the world's largest manufacturer.  The bad is the ability for a government to create a black swan event as well as the USA not wanting to depend on technology that has a degree of Chinese control, but VeChain has been making headwinds in the Europe and Asia.  And heck it just pumped 13% matching it's 2019 VET/BTC highs as I am writing this.  I see everything being more of an advantage with the intertwinement of the Chinese government.

Americans can get their hands on a lot of cryptos it is just a matter of going to the decentralized exchanges which are less secured, and not where I would put a lot of money, along with the risk of regulation possibly outlawing something that you own.  There are other centralized foreign exchanges like Bitrue that a lot people like.  I've been very disappointed with Binance USA's roll out so far and was expecting a lot more from them, but that really is more of a reflection of how far back USA regulations are.  I still can't trade with them from my state, but it is definitely something to pay attention too.

I look at XRP as a buy and hold approach as a lot of people do, and don't have the appetite to reallocate funds as frequently, but that is all a matter of personal preference. I would probably trade more if the tax laws were changed to be in line with traditional investments (cash in versus cash out).  My strategy has netted me at a loss with xrp so far after all.  The hope is either some big sweeping regulation takes foot, or some other paradigm shifting news that nobody was expecting comes through, or just a good ol' BTC driven bull run occurs making it worth hanging on to.  

Bitcoin will go up again, hopefully next year, but another year or two beyond that is possible.  BTC is still the drunk, abusive daddy of the realm by a large margin. I'm not sure if anything is truly anti-btc, there are several alts that have done 500-1000% of this year, but much of that pump had a lot to do with the initial discovery and FOMO after some rumors became news, or just plain shilling.

With my top allocations are predominately in BTC/XRP/VET,  my blockfolio does include other mid market cap cryptos such as Cardano with staking right around the corner, and Charles Hoskins reaffirming that things are just getting started.  Still own Link.

Beyond that, it is still worth looking into long shots, but it is very difficult to break apart what is being shilled for pumps 99 percent of the time versus what are legitimate rumors. Still like Holochain (HOT) (the tech is really cool and provides utility and nearly infinite transactions but will it ever be adopted?)among others but had sold some of them to put into VET at the right time.

Edited by ManBearPig

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I was not replying on her behalf.  I was pointing out to you that attacking female members of the forum with misogynistic jokes is not acceptable in the adult world and you need to grow up.

"Attacking" XD lmao.

She said it her self in 2018, so your whole drama queen act is uncalled for. And who are you to say what or what is not acceptable on this world ?

3 minutes ago, Staigera said:

"Attacking" XD lmao.

She said it her self in 2018, so your whole drama queen act is uncalled for. And who are you to say what or what is not acceptable on this world ?

misogyny is unacceptable - period.  Grow up, and if you don't want to be treated like a child stop your bragging and whining too.

Edited by Julian_Williams

3 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

misogyny is unacceptable - period.  Grow up, and if you don't want to be treated like a child stop your bragging and whining too.

Hahaha you crack me op. You get all hot and buttred for something you are completely wrong with. Misogyny did not even happen with my post.

And it depends how far a joke goes. I know alot of ppl including female who laugh about jokes no matter how strong . Not every one has a stick up there *** kind of mentality so keep your world view infront of you got it. Period.

9 minutes ago, Staigera said:

Hahaha you crack me op. You get all hot and buttred for something you are completely wrong with. Misogyny did not even happen with my post.

And it depends how far a joke goes. I know alot of ppl including female who laugh about jokes no matter how strong . Not every one has a stick up there *** kind of mentality so keep your world view infront of you got it. Period.

you would not have made that jibe to a man, stop digging

Edited by Julian_Williams

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Ouch!  That sounds very bad and wrong.  This can only happen whilst the values are speculative and the currencies are not being used.   It cannot continue like that because you cannot tax a working currency.  You cannot calculate the tax on the XRP used in currency conversion or every cup of coffee you buy with a crypto.

My understanding is that in Australia it is taxed if it is owned in a way that is intended to generate income (equivalent to an interest bearing bank account) but if it is possessed for the purpose of being used for purchases then it is not taxed. I don’t know how it all works. It’s just what my tax lady told me. Because things are in the doldrums just now tax is not a big deal. Hopefully it will be soon. 

Edited by Johno

3 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

I'm definitely a VET bull, who has several National-Level partnerships with the Chinese government.  The good is it has the backing from the world's largest manufacturer.  The bad is the ability for a government to create a black swan event as well as the USA not wanting to depend on technology that has a degree of Chinese control, but VeChain has been making headwinds in the Europe and Asia.  And heck it just pumped 13% matching it's 2019 VET/BTC highs as I am writing this.  I see everything being more of an advantage with the intertwinement of the Chinese government.

Americans can get their hands on a lot of cryptos it is just a matter of going to the decentralized exchanges which are less secured, and not where I would put a lot of money, along with the risk of regulation possibly outlawing something that you own.  There are other centralized foreign exchanges like Bitrue that a lot people like.  I've been very disappointed with Binance USA's roll out so far and was expecting a lot more from them, but that really is more of a reflection of how far back USA regulations are.  I still can't trade with them from my state, but it is definitely something to pay attention too.

I look at XRP as a buy and hold approach as a lot of people do, and don't have the appetite to reallocate funds as frequently, but that is all a matter of personal preference. I would probably trade more if the tax laws were changed to be in line with traditional investments (cash in versus cash out).  My strategy has netted me at a loss with xrp so far after all.  The hope is either some big sweeping regulation takes foot, or some other paradigm shifting news that nobody was expecting comes through, or just a good ol' BTC driven bull run occurs making it worth hanging on to.  

Bitcoin will go up again, hopefully next year, but another year or two beyond that is possible.  BTC is still the drunk, abusive daddy of the realm by a large margin. I'm not sure if anything is truly anti-btc, there are several alts that have done 500-1000% of this year, but much of that pump had a lot to do with the initial discovery and FOMO after some rumors became news, or just plain shilling.

With my top allocations are predominately in BTC/XRP/VET,  my blockfolio does include other mid market cap cryptos such as Cardano with staking right around the corner, and Charles Hoskins reaffirming that things are just getting started.  Still own Link.

Beyond that, it is still worth looking into long shots, but it is very difficult to break apart what is being shilled for pumps 99 percent of the time versus what are legitimate rumors. Still like Holochain (HOT) (the tech is really cool and provides utility and nearly infinite transactions but will it ever be adopted?)among others but had sold some of them to put into VET at the right time.

My lottery tickets include XDCE and TKY. CRPT has been on my watch list and is back down into a possible buy zone, imho.

I am still in LINK....as you know it goes its own way and pumps at odd times, so I'll probably let it ride for some time.

MATIC has no utility I can see, but maybe Binance will drive it to the moon. They seem to be trying hard.

The (not) tax advice from @Tinyaccount is valid for the US...but in a falling market my trading tax liabilities have been minuscule. It was the bull that got people in trouble......lots of short term gains and then no money left to pay taxes when hodlrs tried to ride out the bear on the way down. That's the worst of both worlds.

I would not trade much in a rising market. I almost never trade a winner. Cut your losers and let your winners run. 

VET is surprising to the upside this morning. I t looks like it might be breaking out again.

763625377_ScreenShot2019-12-01at10_52_07AM.thumb.png.4ccf3c28fcfc184eaa24f4d908dca44f.png

1 hour ago, dr_ed said:

My lottery tickets include XDCE and TKY. CRPT has been on my watch list and is back down into a possible buy zone, imho.

I am still in LINK....as you know it goes its own way and pumps at odd times, so I'll probably let it ride for some time.

MATIC has no utility I can see, but maybe Binance will drive it to the moon. They seem to be trying hard.

The (not) tax advice from @Tinyaccount is valid for the US...but in a falling market my trading tax liabilities have been minuscule. It was the bull that got people in trouble......lots of short term gains and then no money left to pay taxes when hodlrs tried to ride out the bear on the way down. That's the worst of both worlds.

I would not trade much in a rising market. I almost never trade a winner. Cut your losers and let your winners run. 

VET is surprising to the upside this morning. I t looks like it might be breaking out again.

763625377_ScreenShot2019-12-01at10_52_07AM.thumb.png.4ccf3c28fcfc184eaa24f4d908dca44f.png

The 94 sats barrier was bulldosed through at last, LOL.

If it breaks 100 sats today, it can easily go to 120 sats.

5 hours ago, Staigera said:

Of course not real man don't live of their wife's money ;)

Are you sexist? Women live off of their husbands’ income all the time.

Please reply to me and tell me I’m wrong or don’t make sense so I can not care and ignore everything you have to say.

5 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

It’s not that Bitcoin is just manhandling the market (I’ll just say XRP), it’s that there is not enough demand for XRP to overcome all of the bot and algorithm madness that is calibrated to Bitcoin for the most part.

There are not enough people trading, buying, and selling XRP to give XRP much of a life of its own, outside of the general trend that Bitcoin sets.

Once the volume of XRP starts to rival Bitcoin, and it will, because the Bitcoin network only has so much bandwidth before it chokes when compared to XRP, we could even see a market where XRP sets the trend and Bitcoin follows.