Charting the course of XRP

18 hours ago, dr_ed said:

I know several of you like VET. This is an example of a really, really, decent chart. This is VET/BTC.  Second leg up off a low bottom with outstanding volume.

23907790_ScreenShot2019-11-26at12_17_00PM.thumb.png.7482fde967d3436e9af04efdd38542e6.png

There was a major spike in transactions yesterday on the VeChain mainnet burning 20,000,000 VTHO with it out of the 35,000,000 generated daily. Utility driven pricing may be closer than we think. 500k clauses in 2018, 35 million in 2019,  hundreds of millions in 2020? The speculation will follow before the utility so I think it is about to moon (and I don’t use that phrase often) and just topped off.

Glad the charts see it Very bullish.

Edited by ManBearPig

4 hours ago, Elysium2030 said:

We can only win!

Either many many dollars or just the experience to handle your money a little better! :D

;)

"DJ Khaled "All I Do Is Win" feat. Ludacris, Rick Ross, T-Pain & Snoop Dogg / Victory In Stores Now"...

2019:  makes sense

1949: someone who use to eat kale, has a positive outlook concerning their foot condition, despite being in ridiculous amounts of pain, surreptitiously buys a pet dog at a store immediately following world war two

-_- talk about generational gap

Edited by XRPto50dollars

6 hours ago, Chocobo said:

Bitcoin will drag everything down again with a 2% drop within 15 minutes. image.thumb.png.ebe778cedb96fe1e7309011a95e81917.png

Hmmmm. That didn't quite play out as you predicted. 

Because the support held, right where it absolutely had to.....it wasn't a bad call, you were just a little premature to call it.

964390679_ScreenShot2019-11-27at9_44_05AM.thumb.png.e167f18c15dc37a340c6466336af1579.png

Hope you didn't go short. 

This morning we look to be in modest recovery mode so far. BTC punched through the cloud, which is beginning to show a bit of green out there in the near term future.

1916942122_ScreenShot2019-11-27at9_50_35AM.thumb.png.257daf78065d1d81d72efb71ae752f45.pngBTC is, of course, the easiest chart to get faked out on.

Edited by dr_ed

7 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Hope you didn't go short. 

This morning we look to be in modest recovery mode so far. BTC punched through the cloud, which is beginning to show a bit of green out there in the near term future.

I did go short but earlier on this same price point so I am fine for now. But I am actively monitoring what is happening.

You are right that I called it too early. We did break the bearish trend line I posted earlier so let's see where this goes. If we go up to 0.23 I'll buy back-in and take that loss.

3 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

There was a major spike in transactions yesterday on the VeChain mainnet burning 20,000,000 VTHO with it out of the 35,000,000 generated daily. Utility driven pricing may be closer than we think. 500k clauses in 2018, 35 million in 2019,  hundreds of millions in 2020? The speculation will follow before the utility so I think it is about to moon (and I don’t use that phrase often) and just topped off.

Glad the charts see it Very bullish.

He said moon.

6 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I do get that.  The reason I lost was that after having sold I become hysterical about missing the train and buy back in on the first sign of rises.  I agree to win at TA you have to be numb to losses and stick to your guns until the market comes your way again.  But if you stick your guns when the market really does go up you lose quote big.

From watching too many Alessio charting videos, the two points he's hammered in to me is:

1) don't chase the market, wait for it to come to you

2) aim to capture the meat of a change (like around 50-60%) not all (don't be greedy)

Personlly, I can't take the stress of trading, I'm reconciled to sticking with my conclusions, monitoring the progress, and cost averaging down my stake as I can afford.

21 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

From watching too many Alessio charting videos, the two points he's hammered in to me is:

1) don't chase the market, wait for it to come to you

2) aim to capture the meat of a change (like around 50-60%) not all (don't be greedy)

Personlly, I can't take the stress of trading, I'm reconciled to sticking with my conclusions, monitoring the progress, and cost averaging down my stake as I can afford.

Yes, it is nice to know other play it this way too.  I am lucky enough to have a little bit to add every month, so the DCA has gone down and down.  In Two Years of following this strategy I am 50% down and never seen green, but I rather regard the low long bottoming as long term beneficial and this reduces my feeling frustrated or stressed.

26 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

Just bought some more XRP.  It's not at the lowest point but hopefully it's close.

I bought some too...adding back for some I traded. BTC looks expensive just now in comparison. My usual on-ramp (Uphold) limits my choices. XRP looked the best to me today.

I am still very light on XRP, but I never want to be naked.

In general I am shifting more of my portfolio into VET. I added today and I gifted some to one of my kids...the one who is interested in trading. I do expect a buying opportunity on a pullback before long...and I'll add more there too. Did I say I was pretty stoked on VET....        :)

Feels like we are walking on egg shells with this market right now.  I'd like to see more upward action supported by volume before buying anything currently.

Everybody's favorite CryptHawk says this is wave 3 of 1 of 5 of 3 over 3 minus 2 and we are going down to $0.12. So there's that.

I have been around and following both this and the epic pennant thread, I was playing around with the chart.  Not sure its valid at all as I'm not a TA person.  But would like to ask @Molten  , @Eric123   and not forgetting @dr_ed whether the pennant that seems to have formed on the xrp log chart could have any validity.  Thanks

image.thumb.png.8c0fe2b6edd490af7816c376021c6d1f.png