Charting the course of XRP

4 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

Its impressive that the I-cloud is still green.

Its slightly puzzling yet not surprising at the same time how all of the indicators would point to a reversal or positive breakout but the downward pressure doesn't seem to let up.

I think the green cloud is just signaling a future resistance point on a continued down trend. Not actually predicting green. (Sample from another graph [not XRP] I saw below)

2019-11-08 08_54_36-Ichimoku Clouds [ChartSchool].png

8:00 am here and I'm already OOL.  But thanks for this comment. Very cogent.

Edited by dr_ed

So my chartist friend put this up last night. He declined the invitation to post here, but I offer this with his comment.

Those circled wicks, is the only thing telling me, some whale/ or quant trader is loading up. I hope I’m right. I don’t see this in the past history of XRP.

443971444_ScreenShot2019-11-08at9_53_43AM.thumb.png.664f93a3e1e0e8bdc03da59ab9adbf37.png

27 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

So my chartist friend put this up last night. He declined the invitation to post here, but I offer this with his comment.

Those circled wicks, is the only thing telling me, some whale/ or quant trader is loading up. I hope I’m right. I don’t see this in the past history of XRP.

443971444_ScreenShot2019-11-08at9_53_43AM.thumb.png.664f93a3e1e0e8bdc03da59ab9adbf37.png

Those wicks seem to mark beginnings of rebounds, although the last one is followed by a big red candle.

The stuff that came fro Swell looks very sexy, the sort of stuff that will make a big splash in the media in coming months.  Stuff that screams "I want, I want that world they are describing, I can't wait."  Makes me feel even more secure about the future of XRP.

46 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Just to make sure I understand, since I really like these charts.

Do the wicks indicate that:

1. Someone intentially drove the price down and then scooped up the second the price got low enough before others do?

Or

2. The market drove the price down on its own, and a whale is taking the opportunity to load up before others do at the lower price?

In either case, in theory, the wicks mean there is huge demand at the low price which is good.

1 minute ago, AlejoMoreno said:

Just to make sure I understand, since I really like these charts.

Do the wicks indicate that:

1. Someone intentially drove the price down and then scooped up the second the price got low enough before others do?

Or

2. The market drove the price down on its own, and a whale is taking the opportunity to load up before others do at the lower price?

In either case, in theory, the wicks mean there is huge demand at the low price which is good.

Number one is my understanding. The exact mechanism though (jmho) is probably via algos. If bots are the main thing moving the market, the distinction between 1 and 2 might be a pretty fine point.

16 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Number one is my understanding. The exact mechanism though (jmho) is probably via algos. If bots are the main thing moving the market, the distinction between 1 and 2 might be a pretty fine point.

Very true.

So, in theory, we'd have to hypothesize that the price shouldn't fall again and dip too far below the wicks because that would indicate that those whales and/or trader either:

A. Don't know what they're doing

or

B. Are up to something more mischevous (for lack of being able to think of a better word)

I'd have to assume if you have that much capital you wouldn't buy in just for the price to get lower unless that is your plan somehow. Possibly a more complex plan than I could think of at the moment anyway.

Edited by AlejoMoreno

11 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

Very true.

So, in theory, we'd have to hypothesize that the price shouldn't fall again and dip too far below the wicks because that would indicate that those whales and/or trader either:

A. Don't know what they're doing

or

B. Are up to something more mischevous (for lack of being able to think of a better word)

I'd have to assume if you have that much capital you wouldn't buy in just for the price to get lower unless that is your plan somehow. Possibly a more complex plan than I could think of at the moment anyway.

I expect that XRP is definitely in an accumulation phase. But that could drag on and we could have many more months ahead before the whale (or whales) are ready to let XRP run. That's the worst case in my view. I was hoping for some upside in 2019.....but it's getting late for that party to start. Only 50-odd days left.

1 hour ago, dr_ed said:

So this looks like it will be shooting up soon. 

Just now, tony71 said:

So this looks like it will be shooting up soon. 

I don't like seeing them drive it below the trend line...that weakens the chart and makes it more likely that many more sellers come in. They're pushing it down hard and they could break the chart. It's pretty close today, if not already wrecked. Need to check at some point.

I took my defensive steps over 24 hours ago, so it doesn't matter to me. I never get out completely, because there are so many ways to be wrong in this market if you're a technical trader.

5 hours ago, Shani said:

Told you guys. .15 is coming it might be slow but it's coming. Swell couldn't break .32 it's going down don't expect a bull run for at least another 5 months.

Why is 15¢ your target?

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

Those wicks seem to mark beginnings of rebounds, although the last one is followed by a big red candle.

The stuff that came fro Swell looks very sexy, the sort of stuff that will make a big splash in the media in coming months.  Stuff that screams "I want, I want that world they are describing, I can't wait."  Makes me feel even more secure about the future of XRP.

images(2).jpg

1 hour ago, dr_ed said:

I expect that XRP is definitely in an accumulation phase. But that could drag on and we could have many more months ahead before the whale (or whales) are ready to let XRP run. That's the worst case in my view. I was hoping for some upside in 2019.....but it's getting late for that party to start. Only 50-odd days left.

After this week, I've written off 2019, I just can't convince myself that anything is turning around so I've put it behind me. If I get surprised and proven wrong then great.

57 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

I don't like seeing them drive it below the trend line...that weakens the chart and makes it more likely that many more sellers come in. They're pushing it down hard and they could break the chart. It's pretty close today, if not already wrecked. Need to check at some point.

I took my defensive steps over 24 hours ago, so it doesn't matter to me. I never get out completely, because there are so many ways to be wrong in this market if you're a technical trader.

When they drive it down this low it kills market sentiment; which is disappointing.

If its manipulation then I guess people are just trying to accumulate so it doesn't matter to them how bad sentiment gets; they'll continue accumulating until they've had enough.

They want to drive the price as low as possible because when it finally takes off they'll make big $$$.

To play devil's advocate, if you're going to drive it lower, these are the prices where you get more bang for your buck. You might as well drive it as low as you can because every $0.01 you can drop the price, as it gets lower, is an even greater return when it takes off.

We always say how people have short memories so people will get depressed when the price gets low but if the market ever turns around, people will forget this entire draw down and will buy in like crazy when the run starts.

Edited by AlejoMoreno

XRP 24hr vol:   548m.  1%  5th.   ( Still strange ETH figure distorting percentages.).  EOS AND BCH ahead of us.