Molten

Charting the course of XRP

25 minutes ago, mistatee2000 said:

As I find time zone comparisons confusing anyway, I had to check this for my own sanity. It starts with the Private meetings at 08.00 Singapore time, so that is about 14 hours time, but the welcome by Brad is at 10.00 which should be 16 hours time. Hope that clarifies the position and doesn't sound pedantic

The break coincides with opening - surely this is a good omen!

Thank you @RipplingAlong - would appreciate more education on these parameters you are using.  This thread has been very educational and your views seem to employ some  sophisticated indicators others have not been mentioning.

1 hour ago, AlejoMoreno said:

Thank you for the insight.

Your list of TA indicators/vocabulary has intrigued me. I will have to read into that this weekend! 

I've never heard of any of the indicators that you mentioned honestly.

The indicator(s) I mentioned is actually all part of one indicator, namely Ichimoku Kinko Hyo. The Ichimkou in itself is regarded as a multiple-in-one indicator as there are various elements to it. You are welcome to look it up on Investopedia or Stcokcharts. A description of how to use it I found usefull:  https://www.binaryoptionsedge.com/topic/201-introduction-to-ichimoku/

Another website which I also found very useful seems to elude me now, but I should have it saved somewhere at home. If you are interested I can go look and try and find it. 

There is a lot of information available on it online.

Enjoy reading up on it.

6 hours ago, CryptoBoiler said:

No worries man. Like I said, I won’t take offense if you want to run with some conspiracy. If that were the case, that’s a sad individual. There isn’t enough activity on this forum and what is there to gain? We see “fudsters” here nowadays, but not really. This forum has decreased in posts and activity over the past year plus. Seems that a consorted effort to try and change the narrative would be kinda worthless in my opinion. Anyone left here is most likely a hodlr, or maybe someone who sold their bags and just misses the content. I just don’t think there is this anti xrp gang out there knocking the coin, because it’s stagnent. Kinda beating a dead horse. And those people know they aren’t changing any opinions or making anyone change their minds. After this long, I’d say 99% of people posting are hodlrs.

Whilst I do not always agree with your pessimistic views, but they are more thoughtful than what I have read coming from Googo

12 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Whilst I do not always agree with your pessimistic views, but they are more thoughtful than what I have read coming from Googo

Further evidence I was wrong to imagine that.  My apologies @CryptoBoiler. Thanks for your clarification of the situation Mr Williams.

26 minutes ago, retep said:

Hell, i wish that i swapped my xrp for btc or any other top ten coin at the beginning of this year,

because i could have at least trippled my investement by now.

That, my friend, is what Crypto / or Stocks is all about. 

You make a judgement, and see where it takes you.

The Lesson that I learned years ago is always diversify your investments. House prices crash, Stock Markets Crash, Som investments never go anywhere for years then go bust.

Don't get emotionally involved. It's the name of the game.

6 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Given your childish attitude to risk, taking responsibility for your own decisions and investment it is probably best that you get out of crypto altogether?

Yes, or swap into another crypto and then you can have a winner instead of a "looser".

1 minute ago, Molten said:

We are continually testing the resistance, bumping up against it all night.  The emotional (pessimistic) side of me says we keep getting rejected but the logical side of me says this is the day.

today is just another day and no one can predict whats coming, not even with 1000 charts with lines drawn on them. Well here's my prediction

and that is that xrp wil drop to 28-26 cents again and then struggle for days or even weeks to get back to 30 cents again, and then this

wil keep on repeating like forever! That's my predition!

5 minutes ago, retep said:

today is just another day and no one can predict whats coming, not even with 1000 charts with lines drawn on them. Well here's my prediction

and that is that xrp wil drop to 28-26 cents again and then struggle for days or even weeks to get back to 30 cents again, and then this

Yes, your prediction might be correct.  XRP may stay trapped in the narrow range, or it might grow suddenly, or it might lose value suddenly.  In the end the overall performance of XRP will be governed by it usefulness and adoption in the real world.  On this metric most of the top ten will fail, and XRP will blossom.

TA helps us navigate the local changes in the weather conditions and make sensible decisions about when to invest and when to get out.

Make you own decisions based on your own research.  Take responsibility when they are not as instantly profitable as you hoped, and do not blame others.

10 minutes ago, retep said:

Nope, i leave my stash where it is, and get rid of it as soon i break even, and then quit being a member of the church of hodlers who are waiting for a unrealistic miracle

that wil never happen.

Hahaha, so why do you believe you will ever break even? Just sell now and never look back (for your own sanity).

1 minute ago, retep said:

Dude, you're telling the same crap as alot of people do since the ath, so what else is new? it might, it could, it should, it would, maybe yes, maybe no, bla bla bla!!! :boredom:

What price level is break even for you?

Just now, KaMpi said:

Hahaha, so why do you believe you will ever break even? Just sell now and never look back (for your own sanity).

i don't need that money right now, so that's why i leave it there where it is, and hope to compensate the damage a little somewere in the near future.

2 minutes ago, Raekwon said:

That escalated quickly..

Well, if you call 160 pages of discussion quickly 😆

Thread is tittled “ charting the course of XRP” , so that manages expectations of the content pretty accurate.  If one can’t stand extrapolations based on past performances then better not visit this thread and whine about it. 

2 minutes ago, retep said:

Well, I can tell you now your prediction is wrong. Just the word forever should be an indicator that you are waaaay too emotional about this. Maybe let what some of the others have responded sink in a bit and relax a bit. We all want to see XRP rise, but we can't have childish reasoning and greed allow to get the better of us. We do not want: XRP has to go up NOW because its SWELL or because (insert whatever reason you want here) else I am really really going to be really really mad. Throw a tantrum and sell. Damn. Guess what, no one cares. Sell your stuff and others will gladly buy it. (this is not me being an idiot, it's me trying to illustrate reality).

This is one of my favorite examples to illustrate how these things work.

Go back to Amazon's chart.

At the end of 1999 Amazon hit an all time high of USD107. Imagine you invested in 1998 at USD10. This would be an awesome investment. If you invested at USD100 however you would not be so happy because the price then went to plummet all the way to USD6. Imagine the heartache, wanting to sell and get out of Amazon straight away after you seeing your investment recline with about 91%

It then took the price of Amazon 419 weeks or about 8 years to break through the all time high again. 8 years. Let that sink in. If you still held onto your USD100 buy till today, you would have been smiling very broadly as Amazon is USD1802 today.

Before you say anything, I know this does not always happen. It could have stayed at USD6 or even fell to USD1 and stayed there for years until now. The fact of the matter is no one can predict what will happen. That's why you do research on your asset/stock and you take a calculated risk to possibly gain from it. If you do not believe in XRP, DO NOT invest in it.

I believe XRP has a good use case, I know it is not guaranteeing that XRP will see significant rise in price. I am willing to take the risk and willing to accept the loss if it should happen. I am also willing to accept profits if that should be the case. I know I have to be patient. XRP has seen a biiiiiig jump, nothing can guarantee it will happen again. But I know, one day some guys reasoned the same way about Amazon and that gives me hope.

Sorry for the long post and if it is off-topic. Just trying to bring something across.

image.thumb.png.9876a2a74d81ba9126631cdcd3a72bc7.png