Charting the course of XRP

2 hours ago, xrp-nuke said:

Quick question, how much in % free capital you used to enter at this level?

P.S. I know that 90% here is about hodl

I put in a chunk this week. If you zoom out on the charts to the maximum (the only time I ever really base decisions on charts), it seems like a good entry point. I only put into btc though. 

Edited by princesultan

3 hours ago, xrp-nuke said:

Quick question, how much in % free capital you used to enter at this level?

P.S. I know that 90% here is about hodl

I put in about 20% of my monthly financial surplus, spread over xrp, ada and matic. I'll keep doing this for as long as the levels stay this low.  Also xrp has been periodically mini-pumping for months now.. I've been trying to sell the tops of those pumps to enter lower. Previously it was .44-.50, now maybe it will be .34-40 for a while. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

Feels like it's never gonna end isn't it? Think about it. First covid crash, then SEC sued, then 3AC collapse, then terra luna collapse, and now FTX. Each of these events give us crash. 

Don't know who's next to fall down, now I'm just happy to exit once the court case is over, it's been this far, might as well at least ride the case to end then make a major decision to stay in market or not. But one thing is for sure, so far it has been never ending despair. I'm ready to not look back once it's over, regardless there's a pump or not after the case. It's just around another half a year to go on anyway, I'll hang on to it for now. 

The bright side is this long wait and suffering taught me to not sit idly and wait, learnt to day trade forex market and it's going well the more days passed, if i didn't make it in crypto, I'll make it in day trade. The destination is still the same and achievable, to retire early. 

Those of you who do not have plan B, it's wise to start thinking about it now. The possibility of us not making it in crypto is real. 

Ps: meanwhile flare is still not airdropping, songbird price remain in the depths due to exploit in the past, things never turn out to be the way we wanted =) 

12 hours ago, Zerosh said:

Feels like it's never gonna end isn't it? Think about it. First covid crash, then SEC sued, then 3AC collapse, then terra luna collapse, and now FTX. Each of these events give us crash. 

Don't know who's next to fall down, now I'm just happy to exit once the court case is over, it's been this far, might as well at least ride the case to end then make a major decision to stay in market or not. But one thing is for sure, so far it has been never ending despair. I'm ready to not look back once it's over, regardless there's a pump or not after the case. It's just around another half a year to go on anyway, I'll hang on to it for now. 

The bright side is this long wait and suffering taught me to not sit idly and wait, learnt to day trade forex market and it's going well the more days passed, if i didn't make it in crypto, I'll make it in day trade. The destination is still the same and achievable, to retire early. 

Those of you who do not have plan B, it's wise to start thinking about it now. The possibility of us not making it in crypto is real. 

Ps: meanwhile flare is still not airdropping, songbird price remain in the depths due to exploit in the past, things never turn out to be the way we wanted =) 

guess you entered around ATH back then?...  Your patience will be rewarded, just sell wisely 

13 hours ago, Zerosh said:

Don't know who's next to fall down, now I'm just happy to exit once the court case is over, it's been this far, might as well at least ride the case to end then make a major decision to stay in market or not.

I'm hearing a lot of people saying they're going to exit as soon as the case is over. That will equate to a lot of selling pressure. Of course there will be buying too, but it might not be as great as you're expecting. 

1 hour ago, Gorgalosk said:

People can do whatever they want with their investments of course, but it blows my mind that people would hang in this long and then sell as soon as they could have a chance to be rewarded for their patience.

Its relative, people that hold simce 2013, sold in 2018/19, back than you could say "Its a financial suicide", today you can not say that.

At the end of the day: profit is profit, ots better than "chance".

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I don't expect much of a run at all if the case were to resolve during this bear market. Best to wait for the next bull market for an exit 

Problem is, that expectation of the exit does not correspond to reality, people can not set the goal, can not accept x4 as an awesome profit, spoiled by historical charts and inability to press sell button.

It took 1 year for people accept bear market, some really believed that XRP will pump and BTC will dump, will not happen. Some very rare occasional deviation, yes, but nothing game changing.

2 hours ago, xrp-nuke said:

Problem is, that expectation of the exit does not correspond to reality, people can not set the goal, can not accept x4 as an awesome profit, spoiled by historical charts and inability to press sell button.

It took 1 year for people accept bear market, some really believed that XRP will pump and BTC will dump, will not happen. Some very rare occasional deviation, yes, but nothing game changing.

I think a lot of ppl have learned this lesson the hard way. I'm one of them, my expectations were too high. I think a lot more folks will be taking profits next time around. I think one day utility tokens... if utilized, could move independently from btc, but it won't be for some time and it's not something I'm pinning my hopes to.  

6 hours ago, ioannis said:

guess you entered around ATH back then?...  Your patience will be rewarded, just sell wisely 

Nope, far from that, my average entry price around USD 0.3x, I started accumulating since 2018 bear, and witnessed the long awaited bull market in 2021 but didn't expect USD 1.98 is all it can do, of course SEC played a part in holding things back. 2022 is coming to a close and i will be completing my 5 years of holding, doesn't make sense to let go now when we finally see the beginning of an end to the case.

4 hours ago, Gorgalosk said:

People can do whatever they want with their investments of course, but it blows my mind that people would hang in this long and then sell as soon as they could have a chance to be rewarded for their patience.

Blows my mind too that I have held this long, I thought I'm unbreakable, but I am actually tired of all these circus already after 5 long years, all the negative events come out of nowhere and keep pushing down the prices of everything, I finally had enough and am sick of waiting. The case is the only thing that keeps me going, as I'm aware the end of case is expected around May 2023, that's quite a few months away and if my forex account has grown substantially by then and exceed my crypto investments, then the holdings can be viewed as less important and I can just let it ride for eternity, as my weight of dependency on crypto mooning has reduced a lot.

I think there isn't going to be much of a pump on the SEC case conclusion, if there is it will be short lived. Even if Ripple wins, which is still far from certain despite that it may seem inevitable now, the SEC lawsuit has already done what it was meant to do - it delayed whatever Ripple planned on doing by at least 2 years, meanwhile banks with their CBDCs have had enough time to catch up and now that they are entering the final 12 week testing phase, which rather unsurprisingly has nothing what so ever to do with XRP (Google banks testing digital currency) Ripple will probably be completely out of the picture by the time the case is over. It would be extremely ironic that all that shoulder rubbing with important people and sucking up to banks and FIs over the years will have resulted in getting left out in the rain, but it would not be entirely unexpected. Why would banks want to even give an inch to some upstarts? Why would they want to be dependent on some outside tech company? They did their best to protect their proprietary legacy systems to the very last moment, and now that is no longer possible they will most likely want to copypaste the tech and then lock everybody else out of it again, so they can claim progress but in actual fact they will once again have their nice and cozy little monopoly. 

Hi all,

it has been a while!

Short recap: I bought in in 2017 at approx .43.

I rode the full rollercoaster to sell in 2021 at approx .54. 
My USD are still sitting in an exchange and I would like to take a decision in the next few weeks : get the fiat back to my bank account, or buy back in..

So at this moment I have 0 cryptomoneyz.

In a nutshell, where are we now?
What would the guys who follow the scene on a daily base do?

thanks for the insights ;)