Charting the course of XRP

43 minutes ago, xrp_is_love_xrp_is_life said:

Why market cycle theory is out of the window? We have 2,5 year for new highs on btc. If it won't happen then I would suggest it is out of the window.

Breaking below previous cycle ATH has never happened before, hence my cycle comment. An important piece of the cycle is not so cyclical anymore. But sure, let's wait a couple of years and see where we are then. 

Just now, QuestionMark said:

We haven't been yet where we are now, that's the whole point. But sure, all is going great, crypto to the moon!

Shhh, nobody has told him yet that he'll own nothing and be happy.

3 hours ago, QuestionMark said:

…It is actually scary to see how little buying goes on at these levels, looks like there is no bounce left in it. Looks like we will see many crypto household names going under pretty soon as they are all over leveraged…It will be interesting to see how long before it will come back or if it will come back at all. Something tells me crypto as we knew it is gone now.

I am very optimistic for crypto’s future. We will see even greater heights, but not necessarily the same way (or the same tokens) it has been in the past.

Lack of market activity is expected in real bear markets across all asset classes, especially in the most speculative ones. See below. 

1 hour ago, QuestionMark said:

We haven't been yet where we are now, that's the whole point. But sure, all is going great, crypto to the moon!

We are at 18k, so how are we haven't been there where we are right now?

2 hours ago, retep said:

We are at 18k, so how are we haven't been there where we are right now?

Not sure if you are trolling or what exactly is going on here. Read my posts in this thread, if you can't glean an answer from that I can't be of help any further.

19 minutes ago, QuestionMark said:

Not sure if you are trolling or what exactly is going on here. Read my posts in this thread, if you can't glean an answer from that I can't be of help any further.

I'm a bronze member, and you never ever will get that far as a troll.  And for your information; BTC is at 18k and we have been there before not once but twice already.

7 hours ago, QuestionMark said:

Breaking below previous cycle ATH has never happened before, hence my cycle comment. An important piece of the cycle is not so cyclical anymore. But sure, let's wait a couple of years and see where we are then. 

Ok, generally BTC has lost 80:85% from its top in previous cycles, the fact we dropped below previous ATH is because we didn’t go as high as previous cycles….12-14k would hit the previous draw down but as it didn’t go as high as before,  who knows? Shake the magic eight ball or roll a dice 

FWIW I started to nibble at yesterdays prices, it’s all about building your stack up for the next run (that’s if you believe there will be another one )

Edited by Trentsteel

48 minutes ago, Trentsteel said:

Ok, generally BTC has lost 80:85% from its top in previous cycles,

80-85% from top is pretty accurate historically for BTC. I'm predicting a bottom around $12K. I'll be a buyer at anything less than $15K. Another metric to watch is the bottoms tend to be about 3-4 times the previous cycle's bottom, which was ~$3300 in the last cycle. Although market cycles never repeat each other exactly and BTC doesn't have a long track record to compare.

17 hours ago, War said:

Shhh, nobody has told him yet that he'll own nothing and be happy.

"Sorry we shut down food production and farming, with no backup plan, just like we did with energy - but, here, have a tasty cricket and be happy --- or else you get no more tasty crickets!"

(Eventually, the sappy laptoppers are going to wake up to the "woke".)

26 minutes ago, 4Fingers said:

I have no clue… As with many other movements :)

</cynic mode on>

Well, obviously, the staff at the SEC and other insiders are filling their bags before a settlement is announced in a day or two.

</off>

On 6/13/2022 at 2:52 PM, xrp-nuke said:

Scooped some following: AAVE, AVAX, UNI and COMP.

I do not believe we are over yet.

Did not pick up XRP, as believe its lagging and 0.25-0.27 is in play.

Sold, 30-50% income.

3 hours ago, xrp-nuke said:

Sold, 30-50% income.

That's awesome, congrats - I love these types of updates from you or anyone else. 

What will your next move be? 

Also, would you (or @Ripley) consider selling some XRP if it reaches the ~.4x range shortly, in anticipation of buying back in the ~.2x range ? This move crossed my mind, but I would rather trust the intuition of people with more knowledge in the area.  

Edited by RandyMarsh