Charting the course of XRP

2 hours ago, Ripley said:

personally don’t see Hedera in the same market as XRP or that its speed is somehow an advantage over XRP. But it is a valid hypothesis. I don’t agree because XRPL scale is nowhere close to being used today for payments. And it is going to get much more scalable with side chains that are going to be available very soon (mostly within H1 of 2022). Also HBAR had its bull run history his cycle. XRP did not. It’s still very undervalued compared to all other crypto (though all crypto include XRP are highly overvalued)

I am confused, you bash ETH for being scalable through L2 and now you expect XRP do same 🤣

Well, therr are tokens that had bull run in August 2020 and continued through 2021.

I think LINK is good example from top of the head but can be wrong.

Day trader applying normie logic:  ZOMFG the project is late, they changed some of the outputs and the deadlines!!!!11

Anyone working in the software industry: Yawn...  That's SOP.  Classic software project management.

Day trader applying normie logic:  A test net?  It's a pump and dump!  Shows they don't know what they're doing!  ZOMFG they're gonna rug pull and the sky is falling!!!!11

Anyone working in the software industry:  Best idea they've come up with yet.  A project this size shouldn't go fully live on day zero.  Bullish!

4 hours ago, Ripley said:

why is it Flare’s fault ? 

Not going into the whole argument - but this is my point. If Flare Networks withholds tokens so that exchanges can't give them to holders, then it becomes solely Flare's fault.

Just look at eToro. eToro decided not to distribute SGB because of risks, lack of liquidity and of course their own costs (see here). It doesn't seem far-fetched to think the relationship between eToro and Flare Networks is damaged. Given the seriousness of the threats that Hugo is making, I'd even say VERY damaged. It does not seem unrealistic to see Flare Networks withhold eToro's FLR given how things are going. 

Now ask @Julian_Williams what he'll think of Flare Networks if he never gets anything from that airdrop.

Edited by Troote

3 hours ago, Troote said:

Not going into the whole argument - but this is my point. If Flare Networks withholds tokens so that exchanges can't give them to holders, then it becomes solely Flare's fault.

Just look at eToro. eToro decided not to distribute SGB because of risks, lack of liquidity and of course their own costs (see here). It doesn't seem far-fetched to think the relationship between eToro and Flare Networks is damaged. Given the seriousness of the threats that Hugo is making, I'd even say VERY damaged. It does not seem unrealistic to see Flare Networks withhold eToro's FLR given how things are going. 

Now ask @Julian_Williams what he'll think of Flare Networks if he never gets anything from that airdrop.

Whatever point you're making about Songbird is a red herring. Exchanges were under no obligation to distribute it and Flare was clear that they were under no obligation to do so. I don't know what eToro's argument about lack of liquidity is. They have the tokens. Liquidity isn't required to distribute them. You can distribute them without adding them as trading pairs. Anyway, eToro doesn't need good reasons, they can do whatever they want with SGB.

The Flare distribution is a different story. All participating exchanges signed an agreement to distribute all Flare received to their customers. The distribution happens monthly, so I don't see the two weeks as an unreasonable request. How will they fulfill their obligation to keep up with airdrops if they can't get the first one out before the second one.

Flare is an EVM chain. The process for exchanges is exactly the same as all the ETH and ERC-20 withdrawals they perform every single day. All they have to do is switch their rpc endpoint. And for exchanges that supported SBG, the math for the first airdrop is exactly the same as the SGB airdrop. I find it hard to believe that exchanges can't do what they agreed to do with six weeks notice.

The market turned bearish and suddenly everyone is freaking out over every little bit of news.

45 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

I find it hard to believe that exchanges can't do what they agreed to do with six weeks notice.

But you have to, look how long it took to eventually distribute SGB. Months, and here comes Hugo, thinking he can dictate to exchanges what they have to do 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by xrp-nuke

45 minutes ago, brianwalden said:

The market turned bearish and suddenly everyone is freaking out over every little bit of news.

What does my comment have to do with the "bear market"?

You assume people are irritable because the price went down. Are you projecting?

4 hours ago, Troote said:

I agree if Flare withholds them it’s not appropriate. I think he’s saying they will be put in governance in some fair way. All I’m saying is let him at least put out that blog post instead of figuring out his intent from two tweets.

4 hours ago, PlanK said:

Day trader applying normie logic:  ZOMFG the project is late, they changed some of the outputs and the deadlines!!!!11

Anyone working in the software industry: Yawn...  That's SOP.  Classic software project management.

Day trader applying normie logic:  A test net?  It's a pump and dump!  Shows they don't know what they're doing!  ZOMFG they're gonna rug pull and the sky is falling!!!!11

Anyone working in the software industry:  Best idea they've come up with yet.  A project this size shouldn't go fully live on day zero.  Bullish!

Perfectly put. And I hate it when people who don’t understand something attribute malice because it suits their theory without facts. 

Edited by Ripley

4 minutes ago, Ripley said:

Perfectly put. And I hate it when people who don’t understand something attribute malice because it suits their theory without facts. 

Terribly put, seems that person never been responsible in front of shareholdera due to delay. There many companies that absolutely do not accept "Ah we late, thats normal, thats IT"

Anything and everything to make Flare be pure, understood your point.

12 minutes ago, Troote said:

You assume people are irritable because the price went down. Are you projecting?

Its hard to argue here, free drops are very protrcted desparately.

Eventually it will go down: "you got it for free, shut up and be happy" 🤣

5 hours ago, xrp-nuke said:

I am confused, you bash ETH for being scalable through L2 and now you expect XRP do same 🤣

Well, therr are tokens that had bull run in August 2020 and continued through 2021.

I think LINK is good example from top of the head but can be wrong.

XRPL side chains are all blockchains themselves. Whether they are centralised or not is up to those side chain devs. Side chains exist for the same reason they didn’t build contracts into XRPL. Putting all features in one blockchain is never going to scale. Too many attack vectors too. It’s not an L2. XRPL is enabling side chains. It is not building the side chains themselves (except for EVM as a POC). 

L2 and sidechains are not at all solving the same problem. Not even close. Link is entirely different. 

26 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

Terribly put, seems that person never been responsible in front of shareholdera due to delay. There many companies that absolutely do not accept "Ah we late, thats normal, thats IT"

Anything and everything to make Flare be pure, understood your point.

That’s exactly how he said you’ll react lol. And don’t make assumptions about me being in front of shareholders. You’d be badly mistaken. I was and am on both sides of that coin buddy.  Invested and got invested into. Been through acquisitions of my companies and did due diligence for my companies to acquire others. I don’t know how things work in your country or in other industries but you don’t know what you’re talking about when it comes to building software. 

Knowing you I’m sure you’re going to claim I’m lying without proof and I’m okay with that. Don’t have anything to prove to you.

And I’m not saying Flare is pure. I’m saying you need to stop throwing around wild allegations. You seem to be quite trigger happy with that. Lay down your case with proper data like we did with the Solo airdrop. And even then it will only be a hypothesis. When you throw around your hypothesis as if it is the truth and that anyone else who disagrees is stupid, then you’re going to face equally strong resistance.

Edited by Ripley

24 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

But you have to, look how long it took to eventually distribute SGB. Months, and here comes Hugo, thinking he can dictate to exchanges what they have to do 🤣🤣🤣

They agreed to a monthly distribution process, no?

Songbird was different. They could do whatever the hell they wanted. It wasn't a technical problem, it was having the desire to get moving on it.

Bitrue adds a new shitcoin everyday. Any exchange that supports Ethereum withdrawals already has everything they need to distribute FLR from a technical perspective. Any exchange that supports another EVM chain besides Ethereum (BSC, Avalanche, Polygon, etc.) already has the experience of taking their EVM withdrawal process and changing a few parameters to set it up on a new network.

26 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

Eventually it will go down: "you got it for free, shut up and be happy" 🤣

Perfectly put. I don’t want to speak for others but that is exactly how I look at free airdrops. If the blockchain isn’t fair, it will fail. Otherwise it will succeed. I’m not an investor and I don’t care. It’s a FREE AIRDROP.

Edited by Ripley

36 minutes ago, Troote said:

Not projecting. I just spend too much time on Crypto Twitter. We've all been through bear markets before, right?

first time GIF