Charting the course of XRP

Just now, War said:

I see the $589 crowd is still pretending that XRP can handle all of the transactions in the world, whereas it can barely handle the current volume.

Not sure how it is related to my comment, so I’m assuming you’re trolling. The XRP Ledger can handle volume just fine. You must have been confused about the api server issues which have since been fixed. The ledger never batted an eyelid.

5 minutes ago, Ripley said:

Not sure how it is related to my comment, so I’m assuming you’re trolling. The XRP Ledger can handle volume just fine. You must have been confused about the api server issues which have since been fixed. The ledger never batted an eyelid.

There was more than API issue and you know that. And scale is always a question for XRPL.

My biggest pleasure right now is to watch all these so-called social media gurus on Twitter that I denounced over the last months. Their feeds are hilarious. I am probably going to hell for enjoying their humiliation so much.

Edited by Troote

31 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

There was more than API issue and you know that. And scale is always a question for XRPL.

I don’t know that no. What we saw was a few days of elevated fees that are still a fraction of a cent. And the issue wasn’t that the ledger wasn’t fast enough. The issue was that the requests weren’t even reaching the ledger. 

Edit: To be clear, I’m not suggesting there was no issue. There were two bugs. But at no point was the scale of XRP ledger a problem. The issue was that the system *thought* there was a scale problem when there wasn’t. It was just a bug and it was fixed.

I disagree with the characterisation that there is a scale problem because then people think it is a scale problem like the ones BTC and ETH have. No. Those are systemic scale issues. These were just bugs.

Edit: Ledger close times over the last 100 weeks. The spike is the two bugs. It went up by 30-40% for a few weeks and came back. At peak, it still was only ~4 seconds. And those who are interested are free to check out xrpforensics.com or xrplcharts.com.

image.thumb.png.c3872f0e73e8d37b6a8bd1ce671c60ad.png

Edited by Ripley

13 minutes ago, Troote said:

My biggest pleasure right now is to watch all these so-called social media gurus on Twitter that I denounced over the last months. Their feeds are hilarious. I am probably going to hell for enjoying their humiliation so much.

And you deserve to of course. Contrarian bets are hard to make and risky, but pay off well if you’re right. 

41 minutes ago, Troote said:

Made my day! Hahahahahaha :D:D

First they said January is nee top, than they said 42k is the bottom, than they said 37.2 is the max, than they added that it can not go below 35k because minera will not benefit.

Sigh.

Models, models and models. Amount of propaganda is astronomic.

1 hour ago, Ripley said:

I don’t know that no. What we saw was a few days of elevated fees that are still a fraction of a cent. And the issue wasn’t that the ledger wasn’t fast enough. The issue was that the requests weren’t even reaching the ledger. 

Edit: To be clear, I’m not suggesting there was no issue. There were two bugs. But at no point was the scale of XRP ledger a problem. The issue was that the system *thought* there was a scale problem when there wasn’t. It was just a bug and it was fixed.

I disagree with the characterisation that there is a scale problem because then people think it is a scale problem like the ones BTC and ETH have. No. Those are systemic scale issues. These were just bugs.

Edit: Ledger close times over the last 100 weeks. The spike is the two bugs. It went up by 30-40% for a few weeks and came back. At peak, it still was only ~4 seconds. And those who are interested are free to check out xrpforensics.com or xrplcharts.com.

image.thumb.png.c3872f0e73e8d37b6a8bd1ce671c60ad.png

I agree, that scale is not a problem for one, simple reason, the use of XRPL at scale is just redundant at current speed of adoption. It just not worth it.

But once the use case or adaption emerge, like it was with trustlines, problems will come to light.

18 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

I agree, that scale is not a problem for one, simple reason, the use of XRPL at scale is just redundant at current speed of adoption. It just not worth it.

But once the use case or adaption emerge, like it was with trustlines, problems will come to light.

He he. You really are a master troll aren’t you.

- I posted something related to the lawsuit, someone else trolled about scale issues

- I responded because there may be those who might benefit from it

- You stretched that to “scale was always questionable” and when I answered that, you’ve pivoted to “slow adoption”.

Guess there isn’t much to do into the weekend huh! Anyway, have fun!!

44 minutes ago, Ripley said:

He he. You really are a master troll aren’t you.

- I posted something related to the lawsuit, someone else trolled about scale issues

- I responded because there may be those who might benefit from it

- You stretched that to “scale was always questionable” and when I answered that, you’ve pivoted to “slow adoption”.

Guess there isn’t much to do into the weekend huh! Anyway, have fun!!

Well, once again, you run out of arguments and started personal atacks. You just understood that your answer does not prove, not even near, that there are no scale problems.

I just pointed you out that almost "no adoption" means no scale need, means no battle testing, means surprises expected. 

And you know that.

9 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

Well, once again, you run out of arguments and started personal atacks. You just understood that your answer does not prove, not even near, that there are no scale problems.

I just pointed you out that almost "no adoption" means no scale need, means no battle testing, means surprises expected. 

And you know that.

Sure. XRPL scalability is not unlimited. But it sure as hell much better than the 15-45 transactions per second trash that is Ethereum. Oh what is that ? Ethereum has “adoption” ? You mean via L2 centralised services by ConsenSys that they like to say is “decentralised” ?

See ? I can also troll. Do something more useful with your life buddy. If you hate XRPL, hate on. Good night. 

21 minutes ago, Ripley said:

Sure. XRPL scalability is not unlimited. But it sure as hell much better than the 15-45 transactions per second trash that is Ethereum. Oh what is that ? Ethereum has “adoption” ? You mean via L2 centralised services by ConsenSys that they like to say is “decentralised” ?

See ? I can also troll. Do something more useful with your life buddy. If you hate XRPL, hate on. Good night. 

Feel free trash Ethereum as much as you can, and want, but facts stay:

1. Consensys did made Ethereum attractive and adaption level is bespoke in contrast to Ripple, the latter was only making itself loud about leadership and work with regulations.

2. You can have millions transactions per second and still be useless 😅👍

Anyway, likewise, get a life and not try to protect Ripple and XRPL like all your life depends on it.

Edited by xrp-nuke