Charting the course of XRP

8 hours ago, Cambridge said:

I remember many saying in 2017 that we'd see the XRP market mature more by 2022. I hope this is the year we see positive outcomes for this asset. I'll never sell until it reaches my targets. If it doesn't, my kids can inherit what I have. 

I hope the judges give us some light soon. The SEC is a failure. Greed, corruption and stupidity all in one organization. 

Agreed. Moving the goal posts has become a common thing to do within this community. 

On 1/10/2022 at 1:29 AM, Coingecko said:

Agreed. Moving the goal posts has become a common thing to do within this community. 

True for sure. But to be fair in this case, no one really expected the extent to which regulatory clarity would hinder progress (with all the sec related craziness, etc.)

5 hours ago, RussianStandards said:

Depending on the time scale this could be important, very important. Just lining up with the case to hopefully be over.

Ripple and XRP in the clear then almost exactly the same time ETH gets the same clearance, you watch!

A year of slowing XRP down.

Soon...

6 hours ago, RussianStandards said:

A year of slowing XRP down.

It’s been much longer than a year.  

The day they gave ETH and BTC a free pass was they day they throttled all others….  most of all the other big coin of the day,  XRP.

It can be argued that BTC and ETH have both blossomed on that free pass.

53 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

It’s been much longer than a year.  

The day they gave ETH and BTC a free pass was they day they throttled all others….  most of all the other big coin of the day,  XRP.

It can be argued that BTC and ETH have both blossomed on that free pass.

Since the lawsuit.

Of course this whole thing stretches back years now all the pieces have been put together.

3 hours ago, xrp_is_love_xrp_is_life said:

This lawsuit is never ending story.

When Ripple wins the case, then can't we all sue the sec for the loss of all the potentional profits we missed out? The sec started a lawsuit and caused financial damage by just doing that, so when they loose the case they should pay for the financial damage they caused imo, because else they could sue and ruin every damn company they want, and we can't, no, we should not let them get away with it!

Edited by retep

7 minutes ago, retep said:

When Ripple wins the case, then can't we all sue the sec for the loss of all the potentional profits we missed out? The sec started a lawsuit and caused financial damage by just doing that, so when they loose the case they should pay for the financial damage they caused imo, because else they could sue and ruin every damn company they want, and we can't, no, we should not let them get away with it!

SEC for years warned you that crypto is high risk investment, not regulated.

12 hours ago, xrp-nuke said:

I don't care what the sec said. They sued a company and will loose the case, and then they need to pay for the damage they done imo. So they better call the federal reserve and tell then to put the money printers in overdrive because they owe us billions!

Edited by retep

1 minute ago, xrp-nuke said:

The lawsuit, if there is one, will be about possible corruption to benefit Ethereum and Bitcoin at the expense of all other crypto. Not that they filed the lawsuit against Ripple. I think that’s what that non-profit is investigating.

Gary Gensler is consistent. Nothing is safe. Bitcoin is only safe from the SEC because there is no one to sue, but it is not safe from climate change legislation. So nothing is safe.

But Clayton’s SEC was not consistent. The difference is the Ethereum free pass even though it’s an unambiguous security offering per law. The whole of DeFi and Web3 was built off of that free pass at the expense of other blockchains. They said “build on Efhereum and we will not come after you”. And everyone who came after that also copied the Ethereum model because they knew/thought that was safe.

On 1/7/2022 at 9:30 PM, Ripley said:

If I were buying, I’d have had buys at 0.71, 0.62-0.64 and at 0.45. 

We hit 0.71. Hopefully we won’t hit those lower ones, but anything is possible.

We’ll continue to be choppy unless we move either above or below those noisy lines. At the moment, that would be ~0.85/0.86 on the high end and 0.76/0.75 on the low end.

Crypto market has had increased correlation with the equities market and so if one goes down, that might affect the other. Contagion risk. Both markets are at an all time high.

The best thing to do when markets are super bloated is to find assets that are undervalued by the market, or to entirely sit out the market for a few months to a couple of years and get in when everyone else is running scared.

Choose wisely, and best of luck everyone. Don’t expect markets to behave rationally.

image.thumb.png.dd3e99a1089c6e27c76d41d31c674491.png