Charting the course of XRP

3 hours ago, xrp_is_love_xrp_is_life said:

Damn I wish I have never bought this shitcoin xrp. What a waste of 4 years.

Same here! When i look at alot of other coins then xrp was and still is a damn waste of time.  Hell, a few weeks ago when it started to drop to 1,20 i thought, well let's keep it because it won't go down any further, and i said that at 1,10, 1,00, 0,90
and now it's 0,78, so i could kick my own azz right now for not selling this crap coin when it was stiil worth something.

The only good thing that happend is that my 2 bobcat miners arrived 2 days ago, so let's hope that i have more luck with that, because xrp is going nowere. Never did, never will! :ireful1:

Those of you that are freaking out today haven't been in crypto very long. Back in the early days of BTC, 20% - 50% swings in a single day was normal. This is just market manipulation intended to weed the weak hands out. Many people are selling low today only to buy back at higher prices later. Stay strong my friends. No one ever got rich from panicking. 

4 hours ago, StellaBlueZerps said:

This is really rough. I started buying XRP in late summer of 17 at around 0.20 and added some more here and there, made some trades, and probably have an average just under where we are sitting at now. Didn't cash out in Jan 18 at the peak, just held on like a greedy son of a *****.

The worst part is, for the last 2 or so years I've had absolutley zero BTC or ETH because I hold issue with the effects of PoW on the environment, I didn't dive into ADA, SOL, or any of the memecoins that've yielded absolutely mindblowing gains. I just siloed in XRP and XTZ (Tezos) about half and half. XTZ has also been terribly underwhelming when compared to its main competitors DOT, ADA, and AVA but I just really find the Tezos blockchain fascinating, as I do Ripple's IOV.

You know, xrp-nuke and others who are in fiat right now pondering when to enter back in will probably make more money in one red weekend than I've profited in 4 years. Crypto is not for the faint of heart. It's made for the wolves, and I'm certainly not going to admit to being a sheep (maybe I am), but I'm certainly no wolf here. I'm just a nerd in it for the tech apparently. 

GL friends, I'm going to ride the wave of the SEC resolution when there is one, cash out regardleas and hopefully buy my first house... as a 33 year old millennial who's still paying rent and with hair getting too white too early, I can't follow these crypto markets as attentively anymore. Peace.

Hi @StellaBlueZerpsI read your post with some sadness, although it is comforting to know someone has played the game even worse than I have  (I diversified in ADA and which effectively halved my DCA on XRP).  But I think there are some comments I would like to make.

There is a difference between bad luck and stupidity.  Your story is not one of stupidity, it is a story of bad luck.  Some people would criticise you for not diversifying more, but I think your strategy would have worked but for the SEC black Swan.  XRP still stands out as the one project more than any other that should have made a new ATH.  Don't beat yourself up for suffering from bad luck.

ADA and SOL are both good projects, not meme coins.  Shiba Inu is a meme coin and if you had invested in that trash you would be very rich.  

I firmly beleive, more than ever before, that we are very early in this market.  In a decade's time Blockchain tokens will come of age and rule the financial, service and trading markets.  That means there will be a huge transition of money out of fiat based methodology into blockchain token methodology.  As this happens tens or hundreds of trillions of dollars/property values/service markets will move from being denominated in fiat into being denominated into some sort of digital tokens (I include stable coins)  The tokens that underpin this market are being invented now and sold/airdropped on the early investors (like you).

In the 1990s the Russian economy was sold off cheap to just a few investors who a decade later because the Russian oligarchs.  In a decade's time the world will have a new class of super rich.  Those super rich of the future will be ordinary people like you and I who invested in crypto tokens now and got the free FLR/SGB and XFI tokens and bought into projects like XRP, ADA, SOL.  The world is selling off the present day economy in the form of crypto currencies. 

I am not advising you.  Just telling you my view and why I will not be leaving the crypto market anytime soon.  At 33 you have so much more reason than me to hold in there. (maybe diversifying more and taking out your original investment)  As they say in investing Time trumps Timing

7 hours ago, StellaBlueZerps said:

This is really rough. I started buying XRP in late summer of 17 at around 0.20 and added some more here and there, made some trades, and probably have an average just under where we are sitting at now. Didn't cash out in Jan 18 at the peak, just held on like a greedy son of a *****.

The worst part is, for the last 2 or so years I've had absolutley zero BTC or ETH because I hold issue with the effects of PoW on the environment, I didn't dive into ADA, SOL, or any of the memecoins that've yielded absolutely mindblowing gains. I just siloed in XRP and XTZ (Tezos) about half and half. XTZ has also been terribly underwhelming when compared to its main competitors DOT, ADA, and AVA but I just really find the Tezos blockchain fascinating, as I do Ripple's IOV.

You know, xrp-nuke and others who are in fiat right now pondering when to enter back in will probably make more money in one red weekend than I've profited in 4 years. Crypto is not for the faint of heart. It's made for the wolves, and I'm certainly not going to admit to being a sheep (maybe I am), but I'm certainly no wolf here. I'm just a nerd in it for the tech apparently. 

GL friends, I'm going to ride the wave of the SEC resolution when there is one, cash out regardleas and hopefully buy my first house... as a 33 year old millennial who's still paying rent and with hair getting too white too early, I can't follow these crypto markets as attentively anymore. Peace.

I am right there with you. Same experience as you and know exactly how you feel. I am older than you, 40ish.

It does seem that crypto can have these dips from profit taking and manipulation in the month of December. I've seen this before because people take profits when it works in their favor for tax purposes, especially those stateside. 

I would not be surprised if it pumps early 2022 as profits are taken, taxes are planned and accounted for and a new year cycle to play profits comes into play.

I'm no expert, but history rhymes. I'm in the camp that believes @Eric123 has the right idea in mind. Crypto is maturing.

Just now, Trentsteel said:

ALT season starts around now and if not, it doesn’t🥺 I’m still expecting  XRP to break its ATH 😎

If you look at the distribution of returns and use ETH as a proxy for all Alts them around 22 December is when we should be in full swing.

Remember remember the 7th of September. "Test dump precedes real dump". I wouldn't be surprised to see XRP retest the lower bound of yesterday's daily wick at 0.62 within a few days/weeks. 

Also, all the levels that were support since the recovery this summer are now resistance. Just saying.

Edit: If this is a real bear market, we'll make a lower low under 0.5 soon enough. If that happens, the message will be crystal clear to everyone but it will be too late to take any meaningful profit then.

Edited by Troote

I've learned my lesson about selling xrp to buy the dip.  I rarely come out ahead. I'm not like xrp-nuke, I don't have the time and market intelligence to make it work. It's just a whole bunch of stress. What I AM doing right now, is something I swore to myself I wouldn't do - putting in more fiat in case some of these .3-.5 predictions come to pass 

Edited by RandyMarsh

20 minutes ago, Troote said:

Remember remember the 7th of September. "Test dump precedes real dump". I wouldn't be surprised to see XRP retest the lower bound of yesterday's daily wick at 0.62 within a few days/weeks. 

Also, all the levels that were support since the recovery this summer are now resistance. Just saying.

Edit: If this is a real bear market, we'll make a lower low under 0.5 soon enough. If that happens, the message will be crystal clear to everyone but it will be too late to take any meaningful profit then.

I tend to agree with your reasoning, if it falls to the prices you mentioned, I’ll agree no ALT season 😮 I’m still in the bullish scenario….for now👍🏻 Meaningful profits at under 10cents should not be ignored but I ain’t selling anything while this SEC case is resolved and won’t be selling 1 XRP until it breaks ATH 😤