Charting the course of XRP

1 minute ago, xrp-nuke said:

BTC seems weak too. Can be kaboom.

Yes, I am not overly bullish right now. My indicators are still screaming "sell" across the board, with a few exceptions in sh*tcoin territory, everything seems to reject at the wrong place for this market structure to be bullish. And the USD lending rates are at their lowest in months at the moment, which tells me nobody is borrowing for margin/leveraged longs on my exchange. 

Anyway. I am just surprised XRP's price is not impacted at all by the issue with the validator nodes, when the same sort of things happened with XLM a few years ago, it crashed hard.

13 hours ago, Ripley said:

XRP will go up, as long as Equity Markets go up. But much later than Bitcoin and Ethereum. Otherwise it won’t. 

This pretty much sums it up. What I’m wondering now is what will the bear market look like? Will BTC crash down to ~15k or will it go all the way down to around 3k? BTC was created when the Dow Jones was pretty much bottomed out at the peak of the recession, and ever since that time, we’ve been in a bullmarket with no real correction other than the C19 selloff. We’ve never seen crypto prices in a recession or a bearmarket, but I think we’ll find that out pretty soon. Will be interesting to see where all the markets end up at when this massive bubble inevitably pops. I think there’s only a few months left in this madness and we’re off into an extended bearmarket/recession. I’ll be looking for bottoms to fill my bags up in all the different markets. Index funds, crypto, precious metals; true diversification for LONG term holding (like a decade+). This is all obviously just my 2c, not financial advice. I am by no means an economist and definitely not a financial advisor. 

Still waiting on XRP to moon. Will we get our moonshot in January again? That would be absolutely amazing! 

13 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

Still waiting on XRP to moon. Will we get our moonshot in January again? That would be absolutely amazing! 

I need this to happen along with one other token so that I can approach the coming market like you outlined above. 

...but I also keep thinking to myself this is still only a $2T market with a significant portion of that being memes and shit. Institutions have not made their move in yet. Will it be where they run to safety IF (big one) the regulators tell them it's safe to do so before the inevitable correction? I suspect they won't run to crypto of course and it will be more like a flee into cash (oddly) and gold. They'll have so much effin cash though to play with in the recovery. Which is what I want on my own small level. 

21 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

This pretty much sums it up. What I’m wondering now is what will the bear market look like? Will BTC crash down to ~15k or will it go all the way down to around 3k? BTC was created when the Dow Jones was pretty much bottomed out at the peak of the recession, and ever since that time, we’ve been in a bullmarket with no real correction other than the C19 selloff. We’ve never seen crypto prices in a recession or a bearmarket, but I think we’ll find that out pretty soon. Will be interesting to see where all the markets end up at when this massive bubble inevitably pops. I think there’s only a few months left in this madness and we’re off into an extended bearmarket/recession. I’ll be looking for bottoms to fill my bags up in all the different markets. Index funds, crypto, precious metals; true diversification for LONG term holding (like a decade+). This is all obviously just my 2c, not financial advice. I am by no means an economist and definitely not a financial advisor. 

Point - I think when the equity market goes down, almost all crypto will get absolutely destroyed. Most speculative value will go away. Those with (lots and lots of) utility will survive, but speculators will have a bad time indeed. The larger the (equity) bubble, the longer the bear market. I think we will see at least 6 to 8 years of bear market.

Counterpoint - ecosystems addressing specific use-cases of crypto, including cross-border payments will likely be the least affected (though they will also be affected). Whatever be the state of the economy, for example, healthcare is always a winning bet. Everyone needs healthcare. Same with use-cases like cross-border payments. Bear market => lesser economic activity too, so these markets will still be affected, but there will still be some level of utility. A proper bear market is where investors don't know where to put money and basically feel that fiat or gold is better even though they don't get anything from it. There is a small chance that new investors (say Millennials and GenZ) look at crypto as the new gold and keep their money in it. That will give it some price protection.

Edited by Ripley