Charting the course of XRP

Just now, BillyOckham said:

Strawman much?   :) 

@Neurotoxin has advised letting your statements lie and I tend to agree.   That’s it from me.

Not a strawman at all. You authoritatively stated that what I said is invalidated, based on what...? Are you an insider or do you have access to information that the rest of us here don't? The subject that I brought up has been wildly speculated upon by many and for a long time at that, but YOU seem to have the answer so why don't you enlighten us? No? Just "You're wrong, I'm right, Go away. Leave me to my echochamber". It's all very unconvincing if I am honest. 

Edited by War

I have zero interest in trying to win pointless arguments in the internet, but it sure is disheartening how misinformed some people are.

Saying things like "its almost zero risk to get caught" is the definition of a weak argument. In fact I guess its actually a statement (well, English is not my main language and its besides the point anyway).

Group running Ripple are obviously serious people who have lifetime careers and families to think about. They surely must have a good paying job at Ripple and they are trying to disrupt and innovate in one of the oldest businesses in the world - I'm sure work wise they are challenged and in a very good place. Nobody in their right minds would risk all that considering what kind of "bad outcomes" are possible. Professional careers ruined, million dollar fines and even jail time is possible under US law.

Everyone in this debate is coming up with arguments no one can proof. Still it is fun to debate views, just don't make it an absolute or present numbers and sources.

Would it be bad if it came out Ripple sponsored (indirectly) channels to promote the XRP token? Absolutely, would be a straight win for the SEC. So risk would be high for Ripple to do that.

Is it still possible and would the risk outweigh the benefits? Perhaps, it's all possible in cryptoland.

Imo (which stand for 'In My Opinion) it's just people starting a channel of something they favor and know has a lot of supporters so they can monetize the channel. Jeremy Hogan had very little views on his channel when talking speeding tickets. Until he this one time picked the SEC vs Ripple case as a subject. That brought him to 100.000+ subscribers. Crypto in general is hot, so is XRP.

Even BCB started with a 'Silver coin collection' channel and only got the fans once he started crypto and XRP.

XRP is still #3 most popular crypto it seems.
https://time.com/nextadvisor/investing/cryptocurrency/types-of-cryptocurrency/

Most popular youtube channels based upon subscribers are generic or BTC focused
https://cryptoweekly.co/top-cryptocurrency-youtubers

51 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

Jeremy Hogan had very little views on his channel when talking speeding tickets. Until he this one time picked the SEC vs Ripple case as a subject. That brought him to 100.000+ subscribers. Crypto in general is hot, so is XRP.

Bingo

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

Everyone in this debate is coming up with arguments no one can proof. Still it is fun to debate views, just don't make it an absolute or present numbers and sources.

Yeah bruh especially this one TA is amazinh:

1 hour ago, billion said:

lol guys, give it a couple weeks or so when we inevitably start gaining 50%+ daily candles and all these forum cockroaches are no where to be seen..

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

Imo (which stand for 'In My Opinion) it's just people starting a channel of something they favor and know has a lot of supporters so they can monetize the channel. Jeremy Hogan had very little views on his channel when talking speeding tickets. Until he this one time picked the SEC vs Ripple case as a subject. That brought him to 100.000+ subscribers. Crypto in general is hot, so is XRP

Yes it can be like that, but there are guys that started, postrd 24/7 and than gone for good saying: "I be back" like Hodor, Dr. Trump, Bob Way etc. Not saying anything, but, if you passionate for years and suddenly stop activity with some reason "need break brb" and than gone for good just opens room for speculation.

4 hours ago, Jussi said:

I have zero interest in trying to win pointless arguments in the internet, but it sure is disheartening how misinformed some people are.

Saying things like "its almost zero risk to get caught" is the definition of a weak argument. In fact I guess its actually a statement (well, English is not my main language and its besides the point anyway).

Group running Ripple are obviously serious people who have lifetime careers and families to think about. They surely must have a good paying job at Ripple and they are trying to disrupt and innovate in one of the oldest businesses in the world - I'm sure work wise they are challenged and in a very good place. Nobody in their right minds would risk all that considering what kind of "bad outcomes" are possible. Professional careers ruined, million dollar fines and even jail time is possible under US law.

By this logic nobody would violate the law ever. Companies both larger and smaller than ripple get away with much more outrageous things all the time, some of which I have experienced firsthand. So the statement "they wouldn't do it because they could get caught" is just pure satire and I shouldn't have seen half the things I've seen. From the very beginning I also explicitly stated that I am speculating. But then angry holders came out of the woodworks and essentially stated "I don't like it and therefor it isn't so". At least be honest with yourself about why you are on this website. Many come here just to have their investment validated and anything that even raises a discussion of which they don't like the possibilities, instantly triggers a mental breakdown that causes the person in question to go on a wild frenzy, just look at the sheer amount of rage of some of the posters above. A process often seen in leftist circles as well by the way :)

While we’re waiting, over at Open Sea…

Possible Insider Trading

Edit: It amuses me to recall some folks here claiming that NFT market is fully mature and XRPL is too late to the game. First, we had the unfortunate Solana outage and now the OpenSea stuff.

Seriously though, I hope Solana recovers from this. And my sympathies with the rest of the OpenSea team which was betrayed by Nate, assuming this is true.

Edited by Ripley

35 minutes ago, Ripley said:

Possible Insider Trading

Edit: It amuses me to recall some folks here claiming that NFT market is fully mature and XRPL is too late to the game. First, we had the unfortunate Solana outage and now the OpenSea stuff.

Seriously though, I hope Solana recovers from this. And my sympathies with the rest of the OpenSea team which was betrayed by Nate, assuming this is true.

More about implications of Solana’s outage, and the importance of true decentralisation . Once again, sincere wishes to Solana. This is a nightmare come true situation.

1 hour ago, Ripley said:

Possible Insider Trading

The disheartening thing about this Nate front-running is that so many people think that’s perfectly fine (and I’ve seen similar opinions recently on this forum).

The idea of nearly free, decentralised open finance seems to run a long last to scammy arseholes who are happy to mow down anyone in their race to make money.

I’m not naive,  so I know ‘twas ever thus,  but it’s just disappointing to see so much of it happening.  Never stand between an arsehole and a dollar. :( 

Edited by BillyOckham

On 9/14/2021 at 9:28 AM, War said:
On 9/14/2021 at 9:04 AM, Gazelle77 said:

Expand  

W-Wow, that is a lot of ad hominem, anger and strawman arguments for a single post. You seem emotionally attached to an extent that is unhealthy. Cool off a bit. Just a mere suggestion that Ripple, not unlike other companies could employ marketing firms, sends you off into a wild frenzy... goodness me...

But he is right

The bigger the community grows the more yt channels you'll see on the topic. Most of the youtubers want to pump their own bags, often sharing xrp related content to gain followers because of its large community, to then shill their low volume coins to pump them up

On 9/14/2021 at 9:28 AM, War said:
On 9/14/2021 at 8:50 AM, BillyOckham said:

Expand  

Well there you have it. The omnipotent BillyOckham hath spoken. My points are invalidated by him and therefor it shall be so. Any company operating in gray areas or employ methods that do not fit the moral standards of BillyOckham, simply would not be able to operate in 2021 and cease to exist.

"W-Wow, that is a lot of ad hominem, anger and strawman arguments for a single post. You seem emotionally attached to an extent that is unhealthy. Cool off a bit."

Edited by VanHasen