Charting the course of XRP

9 minutes ago, Ripley said:

There are only two ways for to stop the super rich from becoming insanely rich -

My contribution to this extremely off topic conversation is simply to urge everyone to read this masterpiece https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_in_the_Twenty-First_Century.

And then get back to drawing straight (and squiggly) lines on charts and imagine where xrp might go if a settlement comes soon...

3 minutes ago, jbjnr said:

My contribution to this extremely off topic conversation is simply to urge everyone to read this masterpiece https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_in_the_Twenty-First_Century.

And then get back to drawing straight (and squiggly) lines on charts and imagine where xrp might go if a settlement comes soon...

It's a good book. I'll go a step further and say it is also state intervention which also caused this explosion of inequality over the past 40 years. 

4 minutes ago, Benaoao20 said:

Why stop the rich from getting richer? I’m getting my piece of the pie too. No one is stopping me. 

Spoken like a true plutocrat😂 ….. only jking  

14 minutes ago, Benaoao20 said:

Why stop the rich from getting richer? I’m getting my piece of the pie too. No one is stopping me. 

Not to derail this thread too much but...for honest/reasonable individuals, stopping the rich from getting richer isn't/nor shouldn't be the motive. (That would simply come from a place of jealosy/ulterior motive.) It's more about making sure the system isn't rigged and everyone is playing fair. As Ripley stated, state intervention in many cases has simply served to implicitly and often explicitly rig the system... so trusting even more power to the state to fix it... tends to backfire. Very difficult problem to solve when all of us are so susceptible to giving in to corruption and dishonesty. 

17 hours ago, Ripley said:

Please don't fall for Michael Saylor. They are essentially taking investor money (they are a public company) intended for a different purpose (running their core business) and investing that into a highly speculative and manipulated asset. I don't know what they are hiding and I don't care whether they become more rich. It stinks.

I don’t even know who he is or ever watched a video from him but I HAVE seen that name mentioned before, probably in this forum. Anyway, even without knowing the guy or watching his videos, I can still smell the stink you’re talking about. They all have their own agenda. 

17 hours ago, retep said:

Btw, that dude is a billionaire, so i wonder why he always pulls a  serious face as if the world is going the end tomorrow, because he never laughs. Well i would laugh all day when i would have a net worth of 2,3 billion, and i sure would stop working and not even bother to make youtube videos about btc, because i would be far too busy with spending my money on the good life, because my only worry would be how to spend it all before i die, because i sure don't want to leave a penny for the government.

There’s much more to life than just spending every single cent. Once you’re past a certain amount of wealth, your happiness doesn’t keep increasing because of it. It pretty much boils down to once you have enough money to do whatever you please with your time on this earth, you stop worrying about money and start thinking about other things. These billionaires are waaaay past that point. At that level, it’s less about the money and more about the power, status, and other intangibles. 

1 hour ago, Neurotoxin said:

There’s much more to life than just spending every single cent. Once you’re past a certain amount of wealth, your happiness doesn’t keep increasing because of it. It pretty much boils down to once you have enough money to do whatever you please with your time on this earth, you stop worrying about money and start thinking about other things. These billionaires are waaaay past that point. At that level, it’s less about the money and more about the power, status, and other intangibles. 

Well, when i would be rich enough so that i never ever have to work again, then power and status is the last thing that would come to my mind, because i just don't care about that. I gues that it's all about that they don't know what to do with all their money because they don't any imagination. About 10 years ago there was a guy that won 10 million in a lottery and they asked him what he's going to do next in life, and he said that he will keep his job because he doesn't want to loose the contact with his fellow workers! Now how sad is that when you have 10 million and don't have a clue to fill in all the free time you have? Hell, i have so much hobbies, that i would need an extra 100 years to live, so i would never ever get bored, and then status and power is a thing that wouldn't even come to my mind, because i love to be left alone, so i wouldn't invite 100 "friends" and party al day and night and burn al the money within 2-5 years and then be broke again. No i would think that i might become 80 years old, so i have 25 years left, and then smear that 10 million out over those 25 years, and that's still a whopping 400k per year, and i sure could live with that.  Now i didn't won 10 million, so i have to keep on hoping that i make some good money with crypto's and i even would be happy when i have 50k a year after all taxes, because that's way enough for me to have a good life, and no more worries of how to pay the bills next month or save money for retirement. Now when i would have 100 million, then i would just buy a bigger home and more big boy toys, and then the rest of my lifestyle would stay the same because i don't feel the need to become popular or famous. Hell, i would print a bunch of t shirts with "i don't care" on it and wear that the rest of my life. And i wouldn't need a walk in closet, because all i need is a t shirt, swimshorts and flip flops, because i would live there where the sun is always shining and the ocean is always 28 degrees and the water is clear as tap water. Now that's the life that would make me happy!

1 hour ago, retep said:

Well, when i would be rich enough so that i never ever have to work again, then power and status is the last thing that would come to my mind, because i just don't care about that. I gues that it's all about that they don't know what to do with all their money because they don't any imagination. About 10 years ago there was a guy that won 10 million in a lottery and they asked him what he's going to do next in life, and he said that he will keep his job because he doesn't want to loose the contact with his fellow workers! Now how sad is that when you have 10 million and don't have a clue to fill in all the free time you have? Hell, i have so much hobbies, that i would need an extra 100 years to live, so i would never ever get bored, and then status and power is a thing that wouldn't even come to my mind, because i love to be left alone, so i wouldn't invite 100 "friends" and party al day and night and burn al the money within 2-5 years and then be broke again. No i would think that i might become 80 years old, so i have 25 years left, and then smear that 10 million out over those 25 years, and that's still a whopping 400k per year, and i sure could live with that.  Now i didn't won 10 million, so i have to keep on hoping that i make some good money with crypto's and i even would be happy when i have 50k a year after all taxes, because that's way enough for me to have a good life, and no more worries of how to pay the bills next month or save money for retirement. Now when i would have 100 million, then i would just buy a bigger home and more big boy toys, and then the rest of my lifestyle would stay the same because i don't feel the need to become popular or famous. Hell, i would print a bunch of t shirts with "i don't care" on it and wear that the rest of my life. And i wouldn't need a walk in closet, because all i need is a t shirt, swimshorts and flip flops, because i would live there where the sun is always shining and the ocean is always 28 degrees and the water is clear as tap water. Now that's the life that would make me happy!

It’s the same old adage “Money won’t change me” to a point. I think we all like to think that with money we’d just enjoy the little more often, do what we want when we want and be able to enjoy the freedom we’d have without having to be burdened to bills and work etc. The truth is we don’t know how we’d react to that amount of wealth. All we can do is hope we become better people to those we love and those we care about without becoming a pompous arse that comes from having more money than we know what to do with. I know for a fact it would change me, all I can hope is it changes me for the better 👍 

4 hours ago, retep said:

Well that’s how you don’t become a billionaire I guess. 

9 hours ago, B088IN said:

It’s the same old adage “Money won’t change me” to a point. I think we all like to think that with money we’d just enjoy the little more often, do what we want when we want and be able to enjoy the freedom we’d have without having to be burdened to bills and work etc. The truth is we don’t know how we’d react to that amount of wealth. All we can do is hope we become better people to those we love and those we care about without becoming a pompous arse that comes from having more money than we know what to do with. I know for a fact it would change me, all I can hope is it changes me for the better 👍 

Money does not change everything, but it changes a lot, because every form of expression of your wealth also changes your environment.

Let's say you are a normal dude with a medium income and all your friends are also normal dudes with medium incomes. Now you suddenly have a few million dollars and you spend a little more money than usual. Your house gets a little bigger, the furnishings more luxurious, the TV bigger, whatever, maybe a convertible, the food gets higher quality, the vacations a little more expensive, the free time a little more.

All of that has an effect - on you, and on your dudes, too. Some of them will be envious, others will feel that you're out of touch, or that they're "not good enough" anymore, etc.
You yourself will no longer be able to imagine eating the cheap cheese from the supermarket, your own demands will inevitably rise.

Everything we do changes us and changes our environment.
If everything is to remain as it is, do nothing, but then you don't need several million, because you don't use them anyway.

My text sounds very negative now, but of course it can also develop in a completely different direction. You will become a much better person, your intercourse will be better, you will get new friends who are better people than your old ones and so on.

Edited by Elysium2030

32 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

Money does not change everything, but it changes a lot, because every form of expression of your wealth also changes your environment.

It is purely down to personality and character. Many wealthy people are rather clever, understand lifestyle creep and very actively fight it.

8 hours ago, B088IN said:

Sure there are people who can't deal with being rich over night, but those are mostly low lives or people who where already an arse before they got rich, and they are the ones that burn through their money in notime. Anyway, it sure would change my life but not me as a person because i prefer the easy and quiet life.