Charting the course of XRP

1 hour ago, YngwieJ said:

Nope they have stated they need sale of XRP to survive.

A lot of water under the bridge, and new funding rounds and new customers since then.

I’m bowing out of this discussion.  I think you are holding on to all the old simplistic crypto memes around sales and prices etc.  You tend to raise new red herrings in every post.  That’s too much work for me.  Thanks for the discussion.

12 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

A lot of water under the bridge, and new funding rounds and new customers since then.

I’m bowing out of this discussion.  I think you are holding on to all the old simplistic crypto memes around sales and prices etc.  You tend to raise new red herrings in every post.  That’s too much work for me.  Thanks for the discussion.

No Problems. At least we were courteous and agree to disagree. Have a great day!

Edited by YngwieJ

On 7/20/2021 at 2:34 AM, Ripley said:

PSA: I’m taking the combination of NJ AG’s cease and desist to BlockFi, and a possible bear market as an early warning, and I am exiting from all centralised lending platforms.

I plan to wade back in after things settle down a bit. 

Three states have sued BlockFi as of today. Here’s the filing by Texas, which is the latest one to sue them - https://www.scribd.com/document/516897491/TSSB-filing-against-BlockFi

I noticed that Celsius sent out a new Terms of Use and asked users to accept their new ToU by August 5 to avoid loss of service. I’m thinking this is related to the mess BlockFi finds itself in. Here is the new ToU from Celsius - https://celsius.network/terms-of-use

I must say, BlockFi being sued for sale of unregistered securities feels a little poetic justice to me after their promoters, the twins, waged a continuous onslaught of negative campaigning against XRP and refused to support it in their products for pure political reasons. 

BlockFi will pay a fine and get out, of course. If these products end up being deemed securities, there are tax implications to consider. I’ll continue to keep an eye before getting back in.

Edited by Ripley

On 7/22/2021 at 2:38 PM, BillyOckham said:

On 7/22/2021 at 2:50 PM, YngwieJ said:

No Problems. At least we were courteous and agree to disagree. Have a great day!

Just had to point this out. What an excellent example of a good gentlemanly discourse here. Just arguing the points, with personal attacks and name calling at a minimum. It's just refreshing to see this. 

13 hours ago, Decima said:

Just had to point this out. What an excellent example of a good gentlemanly discourse here. Just arguing the points, with personal attacks and name calling at a minimum. It's just refreshing to see this. 

I think thats how all public discourse should be. Everyone has an opinion and they are subjective. Once a discussion degenerates to name calling thats the sign of name caller losing an argument. Nothing shuts down discussion quicker than "racist", "sexist", "clmate denier", "nazi" etc. We need to respect differing opinions. This is why I am not on Twitter or FB or any other social media site. 

On 7/22/2021 at 6:06 PM, Ripley said:

I must say, BlockFi being sued for sale of unregistered securities feels a little poetic justice to me after their promoters, the twins, waged a continuous onslaught of negative campaigning against XRP and refused to support it in their products for pure political reasons. 

What’s that subreddit ? r/LeopardAteMyFace ? 😆😆 Putz.

I don’t like being petty, but boy does it feel good once in a while.

I sincerely hope they get to a positive outcome, because I think this enforcement action is misguided. But damn, the avalanche of nonstop FUD against XRPL and Ripple from the very beginning…

Background: Pomp, via Morgan Creek, is an investor. 

image.thumb.png.cc82dbcce7281f4f48712a2e65ddbfb0.png

1 hour ago, Ripley said:

I sincerely hope they get to a positive outcome, because I think this enforcement action is misguided. But damn, the avalanche of nonstop FUD against XRPL and Ripple from the very beginning…

Pomp is a fool. During his interview with Brad G he strategically placed toilet paper behind him 

Edited by YngwieJ

10 hours ago, Ripley said:

This hurts the entire space, so being gleeful about it and celebrating it is idiotic if you have any interest in seeing crypto succeed

10 hours ago, Ripley said:

7 minutes ago, captainjack said:

This hurts the entire space, so being gleeful about it and celebrating it is idiotic if you have any interest in seeing crypto succeed

Please read my post fully.

12 hours ago, Ripley said:

Please read my post fully.

He likely did and just decided to only focus on the part where you’re glad that they’re getting screwed in the same way Ripple did after they had decided to post that hateful tweet aimed at Ripple and co. The irony there is just too sweet to pass up. 

On 7/24/2021 at 11:45 AM, captainjack said:

Whar idiotic is to pretend that everything is cool while your bags are green.