Charting the course of XRP

10 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

BTC did not hold 30k, it broke it.

Ah, yes, but only a little bit for a short period ūüėä

From what I‚Äôve seen of all these you tubers, you basically fudge over actual statistics and change the narrative to suit your own goal. Then the ‚Äúsheeple‚ÄĚ will continue to think you‚Äôre the messiah and follow you, in turn increasing your ad revenue to encourage you to blow more smoke¬†up their @rses to justify the hope that if you keep holding you‚Äôll get a ticket to the moon anytime now ūüėú

17 minutes ago, B088IN said:

Ah, yes, but only a little bit for a short period ūüėä

From what I‚Äôve seen of all these you tubers, you basically fudge over actual statistics and change the narrative to suit your own goal. Then the ‚Äúsheeple‚ÄĚ will continue to think you‚Äôre the messiah and follow you, in turn increasing your ad revenue to encourage you to blow more smoke¬†up their @rses to justify the hope that if you keep holding you‚Äôll get a ticket to the moon anytime now ūüėú

Never thought of monetization from youtube, makes sense. Same happens now on on-chain analysis side, they match some graph with price and make some vague comment like "Stablecoin inflow ATH" one can think that this is so bullish ūü§£ in reality they just sell subscription to hundreds charts to make your brain swell.

54 minutes ago, YngwieJ said:

Jed sells XRP to buy Ripples former partner. You cant make this up! Another feather in Ripples cap!

E619hdwVgAEV-0E?format=jpg&name=large

Time to load up on Jeds!! (We called XRP Ripples back in the day so now I’m calling XLM’s Jeds.)

15 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

Time to load up on Jeds!! (We called XRP Ripples back in the day so now I’m calling XLM’s Jeds.)

I didnt mean buy Ripples (plural). I meant Ripple's former partner. Embarrassingly Ripple bought shares in MGI, funded their ODL experiment and Jed has bitched slapped them and is looking to buy them out with XRP he sells whilst they themselves are not allowed to. What a cluster@#$%!

Edited by YngwieJ

1 minute ago, xrp-nuke said:

Feel sorry for Ripple really.

I don't. They are a corporation who have profited from the sales of XRP. I feel sorry for those who bought XRP at $3.83.

13 minutes ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

You don't seem to feel sorry for anyone but yourself. Debbie Downer innit. 

Can you point to where I said I am sorry for my self? I would like you to show me. I have invested in a number of crypto projects and other assets which have served me well. XRP has served me well also but I was lucky to get in below a penny. I feel sorry for those who bought the top of XRP and any coin for that matter. The hope of $589 sucked in a lot of investors who have paid for Ripple's salaries, offices and failed investments.

I feel sorry for those who sit in hope expecting some miracle to save them  financially. BTC has hit $65K. Will investing in it now make you a millionaire? Only if you put a substantial sum in it which most people cannot afford. Likewise XRP.

Why would I feel sorry for a corporation that has sold 1.3bUSD worth of a product they hold the majority of? Do you feel sorry for them? Chris and Brad have made a shit ton and we need to feel sorry for them.

Do you feel sorry for them?

Edited by YngwieJ

58 minutes ago, YngwieJ said:

Can you point to where I said I am sorry for my self? I would like you to show me. I have invested in a number of crypto projects and other assets which have served me well. XRP has served me well also but I was lucky to get in below a penny. I feel sorry for those who bought the top of XRP and any coin for that matter. The hope of $589 sucked in a lot of investors who have paid for Ripple's salaries, offices and failed investments.

I feel sorry for those who sit in hope expecting some miracle to save them  financially. BTC has hit $65K. Will investing in it now make you a millionaire? Only if you put a substantial sum in it which most people cannot afford. Likewise XRP.

Why would I feel sorry for a corporation that has sold 1.3bUSD worth of a product they hold the majority of? Do you feel sorry for them? Chris and Brad have made a shit ton and we need to feel sorry for them.

Do you feel sorry for them?

Oh come on. XLM also has dumped in price. It was at about a dollar and look at where it is now. 

Jed has sold billions of XRP, while he has XLM to dump as well, yet know one is being critical of him here? 

How come he is not involved in the lawsuit? He's dumping his horde of XRP on retail and the SEC has turned a blind eye both to that fact and to Stellarin general. 

So let me get this straight, it's okay for Jed to dump billions, but we don't want BG and Chris to ever sell because they have personal gains? 

XRP is in the dumps in price because of the SEC. The SEC is at fault for this. They created this mess. I hope the courts decide in our favor and soon.

BG and CL and even Jed will be billionaires regardless. I don't care about them. I hope the courts help us, and I hope the SEC gets their act together and goes after real criminals. If they are going to be enforcers, they need to do it equally. 

Edited by Cambridge

23 minutes ago, Cambridge said:

Oh come on. XLM also has dumped in price. It was at about a dollar and look at where it is now. 

Agree it is in the toilet. I dont own XLM

Jed has sold billions of XRP, while he has XLM to dump as well, yet know one is being critical of him here? 

I am not a Jed fan. He should be part of the same SEC lawsuit as the others. The mysterious A. Britto should also be there

How come he is not involved in the lawsuit? He's dumping his horde of XRP on retail and the SEC has turned a blind eye both to that fact and to Stellarin general. 

As above

So let me get this straight, it's okay for Jed to dump billions, but we don't want BG and Chris to ever sell because they have personal gains? 

No. Neither was it for Charlie Lee et al. All the same

XRP is in the dumps in price because of the SEC. The SEC is at fault for this. They created this mess. I hope the courts decide in our favor and soon.

I agree SEC caused massive price drop for XRP. I hope the courts decide too

BG and CL and even Jed will be billionaires regardless. I don't care about them. I hope the courts help us, and I hope the SEC gets their act together and goes after real criminals. If they are going to be enforcers, they need to do it equally. 

My original point earlier and now is that I had lost confidence in Ripple. This just another FU to them by the powers that be. We can now say that MGI and Ripple deal is done. They have Tranglo but as far as what they are doing it is a secret if anything.

By the way, I believe that XRP will go up and hope so for everyone sake. But I am not foolish enough to believe in the crazy numbers people are throwing around as a possibility. The large holders such as BG, CL, JM, Roger Ver etc will be dumping well before it can reach a high price. Thats the problem with having so much concentrated in a few hands. 

Lets say XRP hits $10. The aforementioned parties including Ripple know that the longer they hold off there will be less liquidity in the system. So if it theoretically got to $20 there is no way they could sell a huge amount at that high a price. So better to sell at $10 and not risk the lack of liquidity. After all they were given it for free anyway. If you owned 2billion of anything I dont think you would care if you sold for $10b, $29b or $40b since it was a freebie. I know I will be selling my remaining stack well before $10

Edited by YngwieJ

26 minutes ago, YngwieJ said:

Lets say XRP hits $10. The aforementioned parties including Ripple know that the longer they hold off there will be less liquidity in the system. So if it theoretically got to $20 there is no way they could sell a huge amount at that high a price. So better to sell at $10 and not risk the lack of liquidity.

I could be wrong but I think that’s actually backwards.

As price goes up my understanding is that the liquidity will tend to improve.  I only partially understand this stuff, and I know that it is a complex intermix of factors, so feel free to educate me if I get anything wrong.

But I think you are making a few incorrect assumptions on top of that misunderstanding of liquidity.  I will try and outline them.

The first is that you are assuming they want to sell it all.  I think that is extremely unlikely.  Generational wealth is all about retaining assets,  not giving them away for what history shows was too low a price.  So the huge  pile you assume is to be offloaded is probably only a very small fraction of what you think it is.

The next assumption is that the sales are at a price‚Ķ. they are more likely to be small dca type offloads all the way up and down the graph‚Ķ. not ‚Äúat ten or twenty dollars‚ÄĚ.

The other is the liquidity thing….  if XRP price is increasing then so too will the volumes and interest be increasing.  That makes for greater liquidity.  Additionally if XRP becomes a integral part of world finance then the liquidity will be enormous.  That might not happen but it is a possibility.   So both those things mitigate your liquidity concern I think.

So in reality I would think they have zero plan to have the vast bulk sold by ten dollars or twenty dollars..  rather they will be offloading a little bit all the time and by the time the price get to double digits they will be mostly holders not sellers.  Having already received enough cash to meet their cash needs and then holding the core of their generational wealth.

32 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

I could be wrong but I think that’s actually backwards.

As price goes up my understanding is that the liquidity will tend to improve.  I only partially understand this stuff, and I know that it is a complex intermix of factors, so feel free to educate me if I get anything wrong.

Liquidity improves if the price goes up and is distirbuted. Distributed is important. With Ripple, BG, CL, JM, and other big guys owning more than 50% of the total who are they going to sell to? 

But I think you are making a few incorrect assumptions on top of that misunderstanding of liquidity.  I will try and outline them.

The first is that you are assuming they want to sell it all.  I think that is extremely unlikely.  Generational wealth is all about retaining assets,  not giving them away for what history shows was too low a price.  So the huge  pile you assume is to be offloaded is probably only a very small fraction of what you think it is.

Jed has shown he wants to sell all as he has been doing this for years. Ripple were selling more than they should have last year as they were using faulty volume data. 

The next assumption is that the sales are at a price‚Ķ. they are more likely to be small dca type offloads all the way up and down the graph‚Ķ. not ‚Äúat ten or twenty dollars‚ÄĚ.

They will be selling small lots all the way up but this inhibits price growth. Why has XRP barely moved in 3.5 years? Constant selling pressure. BTC has far less sell pressure.

The other is the liquidity thing….  if XRP price is increasing then so too will the volumes and interest be increasing.  That makes for greater liquidity.  Additionally if XRP becomes a integral part of world finance then the liquidity will be enormous.  That might not happen but it is a possibility.   So both those things mitigate your liquidity concern I think.

So in reality I would think they have zero plan to have the vast bulk sold by ten dollars or twenty dollars..  rather they will be offloading a little bit all the time and by the time the price get to double digits they will be mostly holders not sellers.  Having already received enough cash to meet their cash needs and then holding the core of their generational wealth.

They are a company that needs to sell XRP to fund their operation. They have told us this. All the shiny offices and salaries need funding. If they expand they need to sell more. Furthermore, every crypto asset has no value until you cash out into USD, AUD, CAD or whatever your local currency is. So, you might have $10M worth of XRP in May this year and then 2 months later as is now it is worth $3m. These people are not that silly. They convert to hard assets (real estate, gold, etc) as their wealth is protected. Remember they didnt buy XRP like us. They just got it!

Edited by YngwieJ

4 minutes ago, YngwieJ said:

With Ripple, BG, CL, JM, and other big guys owning more than 50% of the total who are they going to sell to? 

Are you assuming that if you have more than half the supply there is no one to sell to?  That they only sell to each other?  I don’t understand what point you are trying to make here.  They sell to the market.  It’s got a lot of different entities with lots of different agendas.  That’s how the market works.

7 minutes ago, YngwieJ said:

Jed has shown he wants to sell all as he has been doing this for years.

Sure.  He is going to offload it all,  that’s known and nothing new.  It doesn’t mean the others will as well.  Their situation and motivations are entirely different.

8 minutes ago, YngwieJ said:

Ripple were selling more than they should have last year as they were using faulty volume data. 

Their sales were provably insignificant and a red herring to this discussion.

9 minutes ago, YngwieJ said:

They will be selling small lots all the way up but this inhibits price growth. Why has XRP barely moved in 3.5 years? Constant selling pressure. BTC has far less sell pressure.

A lot of that is incorrect.  It’s risen many times despite sales.  Every trade is in fact a sale and a buy.  The BTC miners are selling at similar percentages to what Ripple was doing in their highest moments.  Neither Ripple or Mimers stopped giant bull runs in the respective coins.

12 minutes ago, YngwieJ said:

All the shiny offices and salaries need funding. If they expand they need to sell more.

Another assumption that is likely incorrect.  Ripple are a startup that are gaining significant traction and their earlier cash flow situation is likely significantly different these days as their sales and LineOfCredit and licensing creates cash flows.

So assuming they will be forever funded by sales is almost certainly incorrect.

15 minutes ago, YngwieJ said:

So, you might have $10M worth of XRP in May this year and then 2 months later as is now it is worth $3m. These people are not that silly.

If their timelines were like a day traders then you would have a point but they are wealthy and likely looking long term.    It’s not silly to hold an asset that you think has a future.

I‚Äôm sorry but I think we disagree on almost every aspect of this. ¬†It‚Äôs not a simplistic ‚Äúdumping‚ÄĚ situation like you mentioned. ¬†

They are more sophisticated than that and will not kill their own golden goose except in the hissy fit situation that Jed instigated.  But he is a known quantity already well accommodated, and not affecting the price in any significant way.  If you believe otherwise I await your dismay when he finally runs out and the price doesn’t magically balloon afterwards.

20 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

Are you assuming that if you have more than half the supply there is no one to sell to?  That they only sell to each other?  I don’t understand what point you are trying to make here.  They sell to the market.  It’s got a lot of different entities with lots of different agendas.  That’s how the market works.

The problem is the market is a lot smaller than it could be because they own over 50%. Liquidity is achieved by multiple markets having buy and sell orders.  The market knows they have 50% left to sell. 

Sure.  He is going to offload it all,  that’s known and nothing new.  It doesn’t mean the others will as well.  Their situation and motivations are entirely different.

Their sales were provably insignificant and a red herring to this discussion.

A lot of that is incorrect.  It’s risen many times despite sales.  Every trade is in fact a sale and a buy.  The BTC miners are selling at similar percentages to what Ripple was doing in their highest moments.  Neither Ripple or Mimers stopped giant bull runs in the respective coins.

The rise and fall of XRP is the same as all other coins. WHales! They are who responsible for the price of EVERY coin. No project is currently worth what its token is saying. NONE. We are at the mercy of the whales for the prices. 

Another assumption that is likely incorrect.  Ripple are a startup that are gaining significant traction and their earlier cash flow situation is likely significantly different these days as their sales and LineOfCredit and licensing creates cash flows.

Nope they have stated they need sale of XRP to survive. The fees they generate does not cover there operating costs.  From memory the fees was only $20m.

So assuming they will be forever funded by sales is almost certainly incorrect.

If their timelines were like a day traders then you would have a point but they are wealthy and likely looking long term.    It’s not silly to hold an asset that you think has a future.

I‚Äôm sorry but I think we disagree on almost every aspect of this. ¬†It‚Äôs not a simplistic ‚Äúdumping‚ÄĚ situation like you mentioned. ¬†

If they are successful they wont need to sell as much as they have been. But for the last 7 months they havent sold, they have the same operating expenses and have hire very expensive lawyers. Lost MGI partnership and there is very little activity on ODL. Doubt this is not affecting them financially.

They are more sophisticated than that and will not kill their own golden goose except in the hissy fit situation that Jed instigated.  But he is a known quantity already well accommodated, and not affecting the price in any significant way.  If you believe otherwise I await your dismay when he finally runs out and the price doesn’t magically balloon afterwards.

BG and CL could leave Ripple as soon as tomorrow and it would make little difference to their wealth. The Golden Goose as you put it has already been strangled. They have been selling for years whilst we have been buying. Maybe the SEC rules that they no longer can. BG and CL raised $650m and Ripple $1.2B. If the party stops then they have profited already. As fr when Jed stops selling, the price wont move. WHALES move the price. The largest whales were caught selling.

Edited by YngwieJ