Charting the course of XRP

58 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

Something has been playing on my mind for some time now. Given that we all know how corrupt the SEC is, what's to stop them from right now creating the documents that Ripple have requested and tailoring it to suit them?

They certainly have enough time now with the 60 days extension to make new documents and pass them as old.

How will Ripple ever know that these documents have just been creating by the SEC now or if they've existed for many years?

I wouldn't put it past the SEC to play a dirty trick like this 

I assume that part of the reason RL has hired on the ex-Head of the SEC, and deposed people, is to learn about what documents there are to acquire. 

It would take a conspiracy of employees to hide knowledge of any inconvenient documents. They ALL have to both commit crimes and lie under oath.

ALL for covering for the SEC. 
How many would risk jail just to shield their government employer ?

36 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

I assume that part of the reason RL has hired on the ex-Head of the SEC, and deposed people, is to learn about what documents there are to acquire. 

It would take a conspiracy of employees to hide knowledge of any inconvenient documents. They ALL have to both commit crimes and lie under oath.

ALL for covering for the SEC. 
How many would risk jail just to shield their government employer ?

Yes exactly, which is why I'm not too worried about that. Also, if talking about electronic documents - it's not necessarily as easy as you think to just doctor-up a file with a fake age - especially if they are using any document storage software and/or have a records management branch in charge of electronic storage (many places do). 

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Just so I get it straight - you are laughing at the holders who are losing their profits (because they didn't listen to you), is that correct?  

No 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Moonraker said:

Something has been playing on my mind for some time now. Given that we all know how corrupt the SEC is, what's to stop them from right now creating the documents that Ripple have requested and tailoring it to suit them?

They certainly have enough time now with the 60 days extension to make new documents and pass them as old.

How will Ripple ever know that these documents have just been creating by the SEC now or if they've existed for many years?

I wouldn't put it past the SEC to play a dirty trick like this 

That had been playing on my mind ever since they requested it in the first place, let alone after the extension. As many have pointed out here though, it could very likely be a tall task. 

But is it impossible? I’d say it isn’t. They’ve already been playing dirty it seems, I don’t see why they wouldn’t continue doing so in any way they can and think they can get away with. 

I do not expect anything upwards happenning until GBTC unlock finishes, which is around end of July

BTC has to break couple key targets at 37k and ofcourse 43k and keep above. So far it can not manage even 34.5k very well

So said that 24-25k is in play for BTC

For XRP is better not to break 0.34 otherwise all way down to 0.2

Yours

Weekend Specials

45 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

I do not expect anything upwards happenning until GBTC unlock finishes, which is around end of July

BTC has to break couple key targets at 37k and ofcourse 43k and keep above. So far it can not manage even 34.5k very well

So said that 24-25k is in play for BTC

For XRP is better not to break 0.34 otherwise all way down to 0.2

Yours

Weekend Specials

actually I think it's better for XRP not to break 0.0002, OTHERWISE it might go alllll the way down to 0.0000000000000003

Daily close looks better for XRPBTC than XRPUSD, but I've said that before, and it has looked good before. Needless to say we want to go up. It does seem as if the BTC grinding down is losing steam, but that might be wishful thinking. I still think the next BTC move is up, but I've been thinking that for about a month and have been wrong, so it's just waiting. When BTC goes up I think everything will recover somewhat. 

nKhvgCfU

Idk, I’m starting to think the market has indeed begun to go stale and we might’ve missed the run… BUT I’m not completely convinced of that yet. There’s still good stuff happening all around in terms of institutions investing in crypto, adoption, etc. Plus we have this event coming up on the end of July (scheduled for the 21st) where Elon Musk and Jack Dorsey, among other people will be discussing Bitcoin and other things at this crypto event. The event is called “The B Word”. Now I know most of you hate Musk and even talking about it, but hey, I think there’s still big hopes of this rally continuing on later in the year for one last mania phase before it’s really over. 
NFA

xrpdude and other people who are convinced we are obviously in a bullmarket can just ignore this comment. 

There is no doubt now that BTC has formed a huge, textbook-perfect head and shoulders top.  The only question now is whether it will successfully complete with a break down (80%) or show us a rejection of the pattern and rally off of the neckline (20%).  Those aren't my odds, those are the actual percentage accuracy of head and shoulder patterns.

Honestly, I think we will know within the next few days.  Wishing genuine good luck to the hodlers, I dumped all crypto holdings about a month back.  Selfishly, I am hoping for a crash back down to $15-20k so I can reload at bargain prices.  

image.thumb.png.5bddf6969c3d1619e1c2906a2ba27c24.png

I will add from the chart above: BTC has convincingly lost the 200 day moving average, which has never happened DURING a bull run, but always signals the end.  During the down times, it will cross above and below the 200 DMA, but it has never crossed below while in the bull phase.   

That being said, we only have 2 prior bull cycles to analyze, so to take observations from two events and cling to them as incontrovertible facts is silly.  It is that type of thinking that made me hold BTC despite clear signs of break down, rather than selling at 50k - because BTC "always" ends in a blow off top and I thought there was no way the topping pattern we were seeing was the end.  Lesson: don't get caught looking at the past, look at what the chart is telling you in the moment.

38 minutes ago, Molten said:

I will add from the chart above: BTC has convincingly lost the 200 day moving average, which has never happened DURING a bull run, but always signals the end.  During the down times, it will cross above and below the 200 DMA, but it has never crossed below while in the bull phase.   

That being said, we only have 2 prior bull cycles to analyze, so to take observations from two events and cling to them as incontrovertible facts is silly.  It is that type of thinking that made me hold BTC despite clear signs of break down, rather than selling at 50k - because BTC "always" ends in a blow off top and I thought there was no way the topping pattern we were seeing was the end.  Lesson: don't get caught looking at the past, look at what the chart is telling you in the moment.

thanks for the posts Molten, you've really got me thinking about my own position

I’m out as well. Sold on tuesday to see the price rise afterwards. 
now sitting ready to buy back in on 3 price levels. If all 3 get filled, I’ll have approx 30% more xrp then when I sold. 
but starting to wonder if my price points are not too high. Especially after reading posts like the one from @Molten above…

What to do… 🥴

1 minute ago, DD_XRP said:

I’m out as well. Sold on tuesday to see the price rise afterwards. 
now sitting ready to buy back in on 3 price levels. If all 3 get filled, I’ll have approx 30% more xrp then when I sold. 
but starting to wonder if my price points are not too high. Especially after reading posts like the one from @Molten above…

What to do… 🥴

This is, btw, one of the only times I’ve sold since 2017. Did it once before and lost a few zerps in the proces..