Jump to content

Charting the course of XRP


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Ripley said:

Fortunately it is a public blockchain, so account activation by Ripple is traceable, and more importantly the consequences of a defendant lying under oath about his assets in a lawsuit about sales of said assets are devastating. 

I think you do not understand, I ask about the price that was paid for XRP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

I think you do not understand, I ask about the price that was paid for XRP.

Ah okay. Close to zero for Brad, zero for the other Ripple whales because there was no market at the time. Just tokens on a linked list. When Jed/Britto/Chris distributed 20% circa 2012 among themselves,  they got it at zero.

Other whales like Ashton Kutcher, Arrington XRP Capital etc bought OTC at nearly zero too.

At the time, they had no way of even knowing the kind of market cap crypto might hit, and challenges with distribution once the coin had value.  Even hitting 10 cents was unimaginable for them and that was the price where David sold most of his stash. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MalluJohn said:

BTC has erased all its gains in 2021 & XRP is now at nearly three times higher its value on Jan 1. 

You do understand that on Jan 1st it was only x2 times from March 2020 low, whereas BTC was x9 times from March low.

Or I put it this way

XRP is still around 70% down from its 2017 ATH, meanwhile BTC is 50% up.

Nice try, but useless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, xrp-nuke said:

You do understand that on Jan 1st it was only x2 times from March 2020 low, whereas BTC was x9 times from March low.

Or I put it this way

XRP is still around 70% down from its 2017 ATH, meanwhile BTC is 50% up.

Nice try, but useless.

Won't you allow me to have some sense of relief?:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there something I’m missing on this? Xrp seems to lag BTC both up and down. Other than having the ability to closely pay attention to when it happens, why isn’t this just as simple as selling when BTC starts to drop, and not re-buy until you are sure BTC is rebounding? Xrp seems to lag in the rebound quite a bit, so there is often some time to make sure. Maybe someone has done analysis on this and showed why it’s not accurate? Clearly I have not, but just seem to notice this trend in the last few months since I entered this world.

maybe this changes with the end of the lawsuit and Xrp breaks away from btc (maybe it doesn’t), but help me understand where I’m wrong (and I’ll fully admit I likely am).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shmoe said:

Is there something I’m missing on this? Xrp seems to lag BTC both up and down. Other than having the ability to closely pay attention to when it happens, why isn’t this just as simple as selling when BTC starts to drop, and not re-buy until you are sure BTC is rebounding? Xrp seems to lag in the rebound quite a bit, so there is often some time to make sure. Maybe someone has done analysis on this and showed why it’s not accurate? Clearly I have not, but just seem to notice this trend in the last few months since I entered this world.

maybe this changes with the end of the lawsuit and Xrp breaks away from btc (maybe it doesn’t), but help me understand where I’m wrong (and I’ll fully admit I likely am).

No one really knows, but the fact that the US market doesn't have the same level of access to exchanges to on ramp could be a reason. There are options for purchasing XRP, but they are limited. 

To me this all seems like BTC whale market manipulation. They dump the price in a coordinated fashion, the trading algorithms and bots do the rest and follow the price down across the board. 

For newcomers it's stomach turning. For those who survived the 2017 run up and price collapse, FUD news and the eventual SEC lawsuit, this is nothing. Just a normal day in crypto. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll never stop wondering why the SEC chose to go after individual defendants - was it pettiness? intimidation tactics? or just a bad strategy owing to the last minute enforcement action?

It is quite likely that Brad and Chris were advised to not settle, and that they would not be any worse off by doing this in court, and that individual defendants not settling will help get access to records in a way that would be very difficult if this were just an enforcement action against Ripple. 

Obviously all of this will only work if the defense legal team's gamble works out and they are actually able to make a Fair Notice Defense stick.

Source: Access to SEC's internal trading policies is granted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Ripley said:

I'll never stop wondering why the SEC chose to go after individual defendants - was it pettiness? intimidation tactics? or just a bad strategy owing to the last minute enforcement action?

It is quite likely that Brad and Chris were advised to not settle, and that they would not be any worse off by doing this in court, and that individual defendants not settling will help get access to records in a way that would be very difficult if this were just an enforcement action against Ripple. 

Obviously all of this will only work if the defense legal team's gamble works out and they are actually able to make a Fair Notice Defense stick.

Source: Access to SEC's internal trading policies is granted

There remains a possibility it was punishment for "not playing the game,"
with the former corrupt and overly transactional Administration. 

"Sure, we'll give you clarity, to enable you guys to make billions. But we need a small favor first..."
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JASCoder said:

There remains a possibility it was punishment for "not playing the game,"
with the former corrupt and overly transactional Administration. 

"Sure, we'll give you clarity, to enable you guys to make billions. But we need a small favor first..."
 

Idk if you ever played spyro but this reminded me of Moneybags. A character that you’d find all around in the different worlds with some area, activity or a skill locked behind him. He would teach you the new skill or let you into this area always for “a small fee”. The fee would literally be hundreds of precious gems (sometimes even thousands). I always found the character hilarious as a little kid, although he also irritated me at times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something has been playing on my mind for some time now. Given that we all know how corrupt the SEC is, what's to stop them from right now creating the documents that Ripple have requested and tailoring it to suit them?

They certainly have enough time now with the 60 days extension to make new documents and pass them as old.

How will Ripple ever know that these documents have just been creating by the SEC now or if they've existed for many years?

I wouldn't put it past the SEC to play a dirty trick like this 

Edited by Moonraker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.