Charting the course of XRP

8 hours ago, Parabolic said:

It also depends on your country, if you trade like that, it qualifies as revenue due to your frequency, and tax you at higher rate, at the end when you're done with bull run, all the gains you have get taxed at a big rate VS hold still and don't move and get zero tax (applies to me). 

So it's a double trouble, trade frequently means getting small pieces of the pie here and there, and then share a big slice with the government. It's insane, especially in the US, the tax there sends chillz to my spine. 

7 hours ago, Ripley said:

This. Also constant attention to the market is also stressful and not super useful to personal productivity. 

At the same time, there is value in reading the market and looking at opportunities to buy in. Lack of wash rules (well, until XRP or your favourite crypto is deemed a security) help book losses without losing assets.

Ultimately the best outcome may well be to pay someone who is fiduciary to manage both long term crypto holdings and to trade on your behalf, while you pursue your day job or profession of choice. If only we were that rich 😆

As of tax its not that obvious "you traded 100 times therefore now you pay not CGT but something else" depending on regulations, if there are no, tax office in 99% cased will treat it as CGT, again depending on country.

When I look at this forum, I see holders stressed more, because the only way works for them is the big green north and never south. 

Meanwhile for trader it does not matter 75% green followed by 35% red or 75% red follow by 35% green, its always the range to take profit.

45 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

Are you writing to yourself 🤣🤣🤣

I'm not a Christian and will never write "amen", i find this word very unnecessary, no offence to their religion. 

Hey @xrphilosophy, if me saying "fish boi" can give me a Last warning and get 2 warning points (trolling, and incite negative reaction), take a good look at @xrp-nuke profile.

The way he reply to people, is always getting on people's nerves and fits your description of "incite negative reaction", and he's doing that in a clever way without using foul words or obvious negative words, usually in a condescending tone. 

It seems he always getting away with it without being warned, that's why he continues doing what he's always done. 

You have to do something about it, the forum is becoming more and more toxic without being too obvious. 

And i expect another toxic reply from this person, I'll put him on ignore, i didn't sign up for this toxicity. 

47 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

When I look at this forum, I see holders stressed more, because the only way works for them is the big green north and never south. 

Meanwhile for trader it does not matter 75% green followed by 35% red or 75% red follow by 35% green, its always the range to take profit.

If someone who is not a trader gets stressed, they can definitely not handle the stress as a trader. Trading successfully and without stress takes a significantly longer personal time, a lot of skill that needs to be learnt. And there is no guarantee that a typical trader will make more (or less) than a value based investor. 

7 minutes ago, Ripley said:

If someone who is not a trader gets stressed, they can definitely not handle the stress as a trader. Trading successfully and without stress takes a significantly longer personal time, a lot of skill that needs to be learnt. And there is no guarantee that a typical trader will make more (or less) than a value based investor. 

No need to convince him, in his view Traders are superior and holders are inferior. His world is black and white. 

I as a holder am not stressed holding thru downturns. I'm at peace knowing I don't have to do anything but just to wait for my own target to hit, then sell, it's that simple. 

Of course, when there's big downturns, I'll assess the market to see if the bull run will still continue, blindly hold is just as bad as gambling. 

I can accept everyone is different and there's no right or wrong, but it seems he can't accept this and the world must revolve around him, everyone must be a trader in his eyes. 

Hey @xrphilosophy, another thing I want to point out, i agree on the "incite negative reaction" point you gave me, but i disagree on the "trolling" part, i didn't troll, besides the name calling, the rest of the content i believe myself to be thoughtful and serious. Trolling is when the person just states negative content without backing it up, or put provoking emoji for no reason or for condescension like @xrp-nuke.

I know you're famous for simply giving excess warning to people as you see fit. When i was still lurking i remember you still owe @retep an apology for wrongly banning him, the apology never came and forgotten about it.

Just because I'm a new account, my treatment shouldn't be harsher compared to older accounts here, everyone should be held to the same accountable level. 

6 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

Show me your short selling orders. 

He knows 100% for SURE we are in a bear market and has said MANY times that it’s painfully OBVIOUS that we’re in a bear market… and yet he doesn’t dare short the market. Kinda weird huh? Now he’ll make the excuse that we could still see a big green candle during a bear market, but, I mean, in a bear market price drops are much more probable than rises, no? Hell even in a bull market we see more drops than we do rises if we’re talking about length of price change and quantity of price drops. Price will drop for 60 days and then go parabolic for 7, etc. 

1 hour ago, Parabolic said:

Show me your short selling orders. 

See if you can understand this article:

The Dangers of Short-Selling - dummies

Just like we're in a bear market (and have been for over a month) short selling is dangerous. Those two concepts are important, and easy to understand. Still you'd rather believe that BTC is going to 400k or we're going to get an XRP $10 candle. (facepalm)

1 hour ago, Neurotoxin said:

He knows 100% for SURE we are in a bear market and has said MANY times that it’s painfully OBVIOUS that we’re in a bear market… and yet he doesn’t dare short the market. Kinda weird huh? Now he’ll make the excuse that we could still see a big green candle during a bear market, but, I mean, in a bear market price drops are much more probable than rises, no? Hell even in a bull market we see more drops than we do rises if we’re talking about length of price change and quantity of price drops. Price will drop for 60 days and then go parabolic for 7, etc. 

No need to try to support secondary account of someone who obviously can not handle market downturn with dignity.

I only do spot trading. I could have show buys and trades but what would that change for you? The view is always expressed here and if you ask why? You get answer.

As of moment I look for best price to enter, as seems that 0.5 is likely to happen and even lower.

5 hours ago, xrp-nuke said:

Are you writing to yourself 🤣🤣🤣

I always expected people to turn on me the moment I turned bearish - it's human nature. No I don't hate XRP and I will get back in; but the SEC are trying to hurt Ripple and I can see this case rolling on into 2022, that to me puts any sort of meaningful pump into danger. By the time they settle I think market interest will be so low the pump will be disappointing too. Hey - if people had my point of view they would have got out of the market rather than sitting on a 50% loss from the moment I got out. I don't hate and I don't want people to lose, but (and I have to say this) I think these chart gurus like Eric etc. are really clueless and they get it wrong all the time, but they carry on. Maybe the likes and comments make them feel good / important? or whatever, who knows.