Jump to content

Charting the course of XRP


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

You're my bro, same thinking. Those who think they sold for the purpose of buying lower is no different than gambling. What if one day the price decided to not drop and consolidate? What if shoot straight up? Well, they'll get priced out. 

The difference between selling and holding is that in former you take profit.

What you describe for holding sounds more gambling than selling and taking profit.

Also what you use is a pure manipulation of uncertain state of mind.

You want to build HODL attitude based og greed and fear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, xrp-nuke said:

The difference between selling and holding is that in former you take profit.

What you describe for holding sounds more gambling than selling and taking profit.

Also what you use is a pure manipulation of uncertain state of mind.

You want to build HODL attitude based og greed and fear.

Yes, you take profit, but definitely not life changing amount, if i invested 1000 and get 5000 out in crypto, it's pathetic in my eyes. 

As i said, everyone's different, some just set a target and stick with it, the target is set based on that individual's belief, a common example would be assuming the next ath is going to be higher than the last cycle. Is it a gamble? Maybe. But it's also a gamble to sell and rebuy lower, unless:

a) You rebuy only the original units you sold last time, but not with the entire profit you made, which means you keep the difference due to you got the same units at lower prices. The only real profit is you sold but never buy back. 

b) The bag you playing with is only a small percentage of your total bag, so you don't price yourself out completely if the price never drop. But the dilemma is, that small bag isn't going to make a difference unless you play with bigger bag. 

So at the end, it's a very tricky trade off situation, you'll have to figure out which setup you can live with, there's no right or wrong. If you're the profit guy, so be it, good for you. I'm in for life changing gains and will not settle for less. My targets are reasonable to avoid price unable to hit the high expectation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

Prior lawsuit, XRP is the only one from top, that broke March-May 2017 ATH, moreover it broke Mid 2017 low. So, said that, lawsuit positive outcome is not indicator that XRP will not go below 0.5 if crypto in bear market.

Why take risk lower DCA that eventually gets red? Also what you mean by risk? If you take a profit, you take profit.

% Anyone who sold in 2018-2020 at 0.3-0.2 got at least two times opportunity to buy back. Even in 2021.

Anyone who bought between 0 and 2.00 from 2013 to mid Apr 2021 got opportunity to exit and buy x3 lower instead lowering DCA. More important, take profits.

Imagine when ODL goes live, you think dreams come true and next what you see is a low of 0.11 instead of 0.4

I am for reason to execute profits now, based on current state of market. 

Stop overhype settlement as it is so uncertain and conditions has to be yet outlined.

Before SEC, Ripple for years was working with regulators and banks and yet you have what you least expected.

 

I agree that profits should be taken. I will ladder my sales as I exit. But the grand portion of my stack will remain so I can achieve the others financial goals that I have.

I disagree that the settlement and lawsuit is overhyped. You're not paying attention to the fact the US liquidity has been dried up. The US economy and US dollar market is huge. With a settlement, this will change.

Now, will a settlement favor XRP? We don't know. I think it will because I can't fathom XRP is a security in the secondary market. 

What remains of the escrow is another story. I don't work for Ripple, nor do I care about what they hold in escrow. I care about the secondary XRP market. 

If accredited investors can only buy from Ripple’s XRP, who cares? I don't. 

I care about making money. I care that XRP in the secondary market is not a security. The lawsuit will air this out. 

You nor I know nothing about what is actually happening with ODL. What I do know is this, I'm willing to risk it now. I held through a Terrible lawsuit thus far and I'm in the green. If the lawsuit did not plummet the price to 5 cents after the USA market panicked and plummeted, then nothing will at this point. Just my opinion. You do you. I'm looking out for my own interests. Good luck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Parabolic said:

Yes, you take profit, but definitely not life changing amount, if i invested 1000 and get 5000 out in crypto, it's pathetic in my eyes. 

x5 is not pathetic, not near.

You try to put absolutely wrong prospective, if you put a one month salary and get 5 back, means you have just got 5 extra months into you end year earnings.

If meanwhile price went x2 down, you can now take that 5k to buy x2 more.

On other side your 5k would become 2.5k and could be pending for months.

Profit is profit, if you sit and watch every day chart, than probably its better for you to trade, but if you put money to sell at particular price, than no need to convince anyone to HODL during downtrend 😁👍

With the rest I agree, you need to define the size and targets and etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

x5 is not pathetic, not near.

You try to put absolutely wrong prospective, if you put a one month salary and get 5 back, means you have just got 5 extra months into you end year earnings.

If meanwhile price went x2 down, you can now take that 5k to buy x2 more.

On other side your 5k would become 2.5k and could be pending for months.

Profit is profit, if you sit and watch every day chart, than probably its better for you to trade, but if you put money to sell at particular price, than no need to convince anyone to HODL during downtrend 😁👍

With the rest I agree, you need to define the size and targets and etc.

It also depends on your country, if you trade like that, it qualifies as revenue due to your frequency, and tax you at higher rate, at the end when you're done with bull run, all the gains you have get taxed at a big rate VS hold still and don't move and get zero tax (applies to me). 

So it's a double trouble, trade frequently means getting small pieces of the pie here and there, and then share a big slice with the government. It's insane, especially in the US, the tax there sends chillz to my spine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Parabolic said:

It also depends on your country, if you trade like that, it qualifies as revenue due to your frequency, and tax you at higher rate, at the end when you're done with bull run, all the gains you have get taxed at a big rate VS hold still and don't move and get zero tax (applies to me). 

So it's a double trouble, trade frequently means getting small pieces of the pie here and there, and then share a big slice with the government. It's insane, especially in the US, the tax there sends chillz to my spine. 

This. Also constant attention to the market is also stressful and not super useful to personal productivity. 

At the same time, there is value in reading the market and looking at opportunities to buy in. Lack of wash rules (well, until XRP or your favourite crypto is deemed a security) help book losses without losing assets.

Ultimately the best outcome may well be to pay someone who is fiduciary to manage both long term crypto holdings and to trade on your behalf, while you pursue your day job or profession of choice. If only we were that rich 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The weekly and daily candle closes on XRPUSD are more or less the best they could be under the circumstances. The key support levels around the blue box are still holding. Breaking down through them is the big danger, but we have held another week:

AY63yvT6

XRPBTC is similar, notice how we are holding above the blue. The next move is still more likely up than down:

mt78rKjQ

BTC dominance is still a key chart to give us a clue on what is coming next. I predicted the arrows last week and it went....absolutely nowhere. The arrows are still my best call. Let's hope for downside:

wP1dDOt0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I will be watching and impressed if you get it right.

I think we have bottomed where we needed to hold and things are not looking too bad.  Long slow consolidation ahead IMO

I'll be impressed too :lol:

The hardest thing is calling the turn in the market. It has looked like it could turn for several weeks, and it might not turn for several weeks more. But hopefully we are coming to the end of this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

I'll be impressed too :lol:

The hardest thing is calling the turn in the market. It has looked like it could turn for several weeks, and it might not turn for several weeks more. But hopefully we are coming to the end of this.

yes, never predict timing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I will be watching and impressed if you get it right.

I think we have bottomed where we needed to hold and things are not looking too bad.  Long slow consolidation ahead IMO

Yeah its very impressive to call bottom every week 😁😁😁👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Parabolic said:

It also depends on your country, if you trade like that, it qualifies as revenue due to your frequency, and tax you at higher rate, at the end when you're done with bull run, all the gains you have get taxed at a big rate VS hold still and don't move and get zero tax (applies to me). 

So it's a double trouble, trade frequently means getting small pieces of the pie here and there, and then share a big slice with the government. It's insane, especially in the US, the tax there sends chillz to my spine. 

 

7 hours ago, Ripley said:

This. Also constant attention to the market is also stressful and not super useful to personal productivity. 

At the same time, there is value in reading the market and looking at opportunities to buy in. Lack of wash rules (well, until XRP or your favourite crypto is deemed a security) help book losses without losing assets.

Ultimately the best outcome may well be to pay someone who is fiduciary to manage both long term crypto holdings and to trade on your behalf, while you pursue your day job or profession of choice. If only we were that rich 😆

As of tax its not that obvious "you traded 100 times therefore now you pay not CGT but something else" depending on regulations, if there are no, tax office in 99% cased will treat it as CGT, again depending on country.

When I look at this forum, I see holders stressed more, because the only way works for them is the big green north and never south. 

Meanwhile for trader it does not matter 75% green followed by 35% red or 75% red follow by 35% green, its always the range to take profit.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.