Charting the course of XRP

8 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I do not know if my chart is valid - it certainly looks interesting

Web capture_18-6-2021_135729_www.etoro.com.jpeg

I’m not sure if we can rely on this when volumes are so low and bots have been in control for a long time. Sure it’s possible it’ll go up that trend line but it could also be a bull trap (or as I’d like to call it the @xrp-nuke Sunday special)

Honestly I'm starting to accept that we may be in a bear market and won't consistently see prices well above a dollar for months at least. I know nothing about TA and have not much interest in it. This is just a guess. Hoping to be wrong, but sure sucks to hold through Jan 2018 and again in 2021 if I'm right lol...

38 minutes ago, youngdude said:

Honestly I'm starting to accept that we may be in a bear market and won't consistently see prices well above a dollar for months at least. I know nothing about TA and have not much interest in it. This is just a guess. Hoping to be wrong, but sure sucks to hold through Jan 2018 and again in 2021 if I'm right lol...

Started to accept that we may be in a bear market?  Dude, i already accepted that a month and a half ago! :lol:

57 minutes ago, retep said:

Started to accept that we may be in a bear market?  Dude, i already accepted that a month and a half ago! :lol:

I missed that yesterday we crossed 2nd month of a "bull market" 🤣🤣🤣

Bear trap, similar to aug/sept 2017 but on a higher scale. Btc/ETH/virtually every top 10 but XRP (….) well above previous ath

People haven’t dumped their whole 401K’s on crypto’s yet. That happened with Game Stop; there’s no stronger sell signal. It got close in 2017 but everyone here knows there’s still a lot of skepticism, even more now, among general population. Crypto’s are still very much a bunch of nerds playing alongside some whales who try to shake off weak hands for more profit. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d934a1c0063d68615865fa0c98161355.jpeg

Edited by Benaoao20
Ath

I’m expecting a positive SEC outcome of course, which should get a lot of media attention and might trigger a nice snowball effect with some intelligent marketing “legal crypto” or whatever. Mania above $20 possibly then a beautiful crash to .5 that’ll cause a lot of despair

Come on guys, 

a) We don't even have a blow off top yet, if this is how we gonna end the bull run, then we're just super unlucky and not meant to be then. I doubt the big boys are gonna let go the opportunity, blow off top is where most money is made from massive retail fomo in. Also, if this is how it will end, retail probably won't be coming back into crypto ever again, thinking massive gains won't happen anymore, the big boys are effectively killing the golden goose, do you think it will happen? It's all in the psychology. 

b) Fear greed index still in the gutters, historically it often provides good entry. Majority are losing money on emotions, trade against them by buying their fear, i did my part. 

c) Our coin has a special event to look forward to, we can expect 1 significant movement from it, likely is upside, seeing how ripple appear to be having the upper hand in the court case, i don't wanna miss that, it could be the news that pump us to 2 digits. Having peace of mind of no more SEC BS and also clarity for mass rollout of ODL is no joke. Do I want to pull out now? Sounds like a silly thing for me to do. 

d) XRPUSD weekly chart, the ema 50 100 200 have been starting to fan out and expand since Feb 2021, and still remain the case until now, the price is likely to stay above all the ema as the run continues, the ema fan will not close this early. With this current drop we still have room for a little more downside before touching 50 ema (0.65usd),and usually it won't even touch it and will maintain some distance, just like how it looks right now. 

e) Yeah yeah I get it, btc death cross narrative is coming up, it will only give a bear market if the cross happened after the blow off top, if we clearly know the run probably isn't finished yet, the death cross will mean nothing but buying opportunity, for the naive retail they will be fearful and sell. Remember, the media and news will never be on our side, they exist to scare and persuade retail investor to do what they want you to do, while the big boys trade against you. If everyone followed media, why isn't everyone rich yet? Truth speaks for itself. 

-signed off by parabolic

1 hour ago, Parabolic said:

Nope. You take way way too much for granted.

a. We did have blow off tops for MANY coins. Again, forget log charts, cycles, S2F models and just look objectively at ETH. Tell me this is not a textbook bubble collapse. Sure, BTC, XRP look different. But why does a bull market must end on a blow off top? The fact that everyone expects it may imply that many decided to pull out preemptively by fear of being caught in the following dump. This alone is a good enough reason for blow off tops not to happen in every coin. The reason I sold everything is because I saw many blow off tops in several assets (ETH, VET) and guess what. I didn't wait for BTC or XRP to print one. Until now, I was right. I could rebuy a bigger position today than 3 months ago and still have 6 digits profits in the bank.

b. Narrative. We had years of bear markets, have you forgotten? People get their positions in the red, try to catch a falling knife because of denial, losses become too big to sell and they are forced to DCA for months. They become bag holders and wait years for a recovery. Remember that fear does not have to be solved by relief. It might, but just because people feel bad does not mean the market will make them feel better. In a bear market, fear becomes anger becomes grief and people just get over it with time. That is the mistake I made in 2018, that is the mistake people will be making again. Once the market shows signs of life, and it will for as long as this market is unregulated, hope comes back, sheep come back. And yes, the healing takes time. But don't worry, some are happy. Countless traders and influencers on social media have just moved houses and bought new cars. I wonder how they did that through hodling.

c. Narrative. Ripple can lose the lawsuit. What would happen then? Just worth reiterating.

d. EMAs are lagging indicators which have nothing to do with liquidity.

e. See d. Death crosses mean nothing.

Edited by Troote

1 hour ago, Troote said:

Nope. You take way way too much for granted.

a. We did have blow off tops for MANY coins. Again, forget log charts, cycles, S2F models and just look objectively at ETH. Tell me this is not a textbook bubble collapse. Sure, BTC, XRP look different. But why does a bull market must end on a blow off top? The fact that everyone expects it may imply that many decided to pull out preemptively by fear of being caught in the following dump. This alone is a good enough reason for blow off tops not to happen in every coin. The reason I sold everything is because I saw many blow off tops in several assets (ETH, VET) and guess what. I didn't wait for BTC or XRP to print one. Until now, I was right. I could rebuy a bigger position today than 3 months ago and still have 6 digits profits in the bank.

b. Narrative. We had years of bear markets, have you forgotten? People get their positions in the red, try to catch a falling knife because of denial, losses become too big to sell and they are forced to DCA for months. They become bag holders and wait years for a recovery. Remember that fear does not have to be solved by relief. It might, but just because people feel bad does not mean the market will make them feel better. In a bear market, fear becomes anger becomes grief and people just get over it with time. That is the mistake I made in 2018, that is the mistake people will be making again. Once the market shows signs of life, and it will for as long as this market is unregulated, hope comes back, sheep come back. And yes, the healing takes time. But don't worry, some are happy. Countless traders and influencers on social media have just moved houses and bought new cars. I wonder how they did that through hodling.

c. Narrative. Ripple can lose the lawsuit. What would happen then? Just worth reiterating.

d. EMAs are lagging indicators which have nothing to do with liquidity.

e. See d. Death crosses mean nothing.

Hey fish boi, I get it, you want to play devil advocate and try to inject some possible negative outcome to balance out the positive outcomes people are hoping for, i know you don't have ill intention, but trying too hard to take down every single positive posts whenever they appear just seems off to me. 

After all, your guess is as good as mine, we're all taking a side, no one knows what will happen next. 

I was wrong for 3 years too, all the way from 2018 to 2020, i keep buying, then i was finally right when xrp broke out of its massive downtrend in 2021. Now, you can be right, but in future, who knows? Maybe it's me. 

Covid crash destroyed the charts completely, there's no reason for it to go up but here we are, recovered and surpassed it. Then our xrp get hit by special lawsuit and destroyed the 3 years worth of pattern playing out as we hoped, many sold, including those xrp die hard influencer, and now we're past that gutter and beyond. 

Truth to be told, nothing make sense in this market, doge above xrp? Come on. If i were to go down with the ship, so be it, for me I'm taking the Long side, i will only sell after i hit my target, because there's no reason to sell before it, what did i achieve? Just some 6 figure money? Big enough money, but not enough to retire, retire is my goal and I'm sticking to it no matter what. I do not want to risk exiting prematurely just to see it skyrocket afterwards, it will be too much to bear and i might suicide to be honest, that's retirement right there and i missed it after planning so many years just to sell early. Hell no. 

So fish boi, you do you, if you sold, no skin in the game, i don't really see a reason you flexing here showing how correct you are currently, you're right until you're not. 

Edit: let's say you're right, this is it and bear market is coming. I have no problem continue to hold too, knowing ripple is still continuing their efforts to build the ODL thing. Some day it's gonna worth something. Or worst case, it goes to zero, then I'll just take it as waking up from a bad dream, no hard feelings, i took my shot at retirement and didn't work out, no regrets. 

Edited by Parabolic

1 hour ago, Parabolic said:

So fish boi, you do you, if you sold, no skin in the game, i don't really see a reason you flexing here showing how correct you are currently, you're right until you're not. 

I replied to Julian because I am genuinely worried about him. He explained that he followed investment advice from at least one influencer I disagree with, and I explained why I believe that person has no credibility in my eyes. [Edit: just realizing I am mixing threads, I thought your previous reply was a follow-up on my message regarding BCBacker. Anyways, doesn't matter.]

You speak in absolutes, as if selling was a sin and the end of the adventure. Scoop: selling prior to a downturn preserves capital and you can buy back in at any time if you feel the tide is turning again. No need to suicide. You advocate for an investment strategy that exposes you to catastrophic losses. You have no risk management of any kind in place.

And don't call me fish boi, otherwise I'll call you hopium. We wouldn't want mods to be involved and to lose you again too soon, would we?

Edited by Troote

3 minutes ago, Troote said:

I replied to Julian because I am genuinely worried about him. He explained that he followed investment advice from at least one influencer I disagree with, and I explained why I believe that person has no credibility in my eyes.

You speak in absolutes, as if selling was a sin and the end of the adventure. Scoop: selling prior to a downturn preserves capital and you can buy back in at any time if you feel the tide is turning again. No need to suicide. You advocate for an investment strategy that exposes you to catastrophic losses. You have no risk management of any kind in place.

And don't call me fish boi, otherwise I'll call you hopium. We wouldn't want mods to be involved and to lose you again too soon, would we?

Hey fish boi, selling is not a sin, i didn't disagree that you sold, if you sold and made profit, good for you, as i said, everyone is different. 

No need to educate me on traditional way of investing, eg: preserving capital. Your "selling prior to downturn" logic is flawed, as if you're certain the path ahead is downtrend, please note that this is only your view, not facts. 

If i were to follow that logic, i would have sold at many points, such as the covid event and SEC event. Covid happened before 2020, there were news, but it only became widespread in 2020 and that's the legendary covid crash we witnessed. Also, the SEC case didn't crash the market in one go, it took many days to reach the bottom for SEC crash. I could've sold when covid is only beginning to affect other countries, and i could've sold on Day 1 of SEC case so i don't suffer the full impact, just to preserve my capital...... ...? 

We all know crypto is a mega risk asset class, any money you put in, you expect to lose it all, thus the saying "invest what you can afford to lose". I did exactly that. I'm fine with losing my capital, i will not die on the streets, i can feed myself working my regular job, continue living a normal life. 

Anyone been thru this bear market suffered at least 80% to 90% in red before, so we should've "preserve" that capital so that it won't lose 100%? It's all about objectives, what you can live with. If you're concerned on recovering your invested money, then your "preserve" will make sense, but you might miss out on big gains if it suddenly happens. 

Finally, the last thing you should do to me is to threaten me. I don't respond well to threats and will not do as the person says. I don't know what hopium are you talking about, but i sure know that i don't really mind whether what actions will the mods take, I'm not breaking any rules here, if they want me out, then so be it, i was lurking for many years anyways. 

25 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

We had Coinbase rumor that propelled xrp to ath last time, this time we will have sec rumour (or actual release of positive final outcome) that will do the trick again. 

History often rhymes, hodl strong. 

Watch the way you address people on this forum.  You're being rude.  Last warning.