Charting the course of XRP

18 minutes ago, PlanK said:

What sort of mythical company would have a solid stake in XRPL but also have nothing to do with Ripple and their products?

He’s right on saying there should be. Ripple is not XRPL. There are exchanges (Gatehub), wallet platforms and other businesses that run on XRPL that aren’t Ripple related though - Deaton’s petition to join the lawsuit has a non-exhaustive list. 

Edited by Ripley

6 hours ago, Ripley said:

So either claim that Ripple incentivises developers to build on XRPL through grants snd investments, who then run the network or claim that they don’t incentivise developers and so the developers are running the nodes for their own benefit. You can’t have both. 

Yes I can, I assume that we both understand that talk is about dominance of the claim:

So does Ripple provide funding one or other way? Yes, it does, it builds and maintains XRPL it cherry picks some projects.

Was is it enough to compete in current market? Ofcourse not, even near.

Can it implement a simple reward program for running UNL? Yes it can, but some "ideological constrains" are in place.

Show me how Cardano and other proof of stake networks have people “selflessly” run nodes. They don’t. They all get sponsored, but get called “staking rewards”. What is a staking reward ? It’s inbuilt inflation powered by retail money on the promise of future value. Take away the reward and who runs those nodes ? The difference is that those rewards come at the expense of asset concentration and eventually control of the network because that’s what most proof of stake rewards systems are. 

Apart reward on staking and mechanics there is a voting system in place that can have a very decent future.

Depending on protocol implementation, different parties can have stake and interest, they will have to buy it to support network and earn from transaction validation, even better if 3rd party that become a validator is interested in services that protocol provides and heavily relies on it.

As you can see ita not about "decentralisation" as you picture it, network stability becomes interest and business on its own where parties have to compete and talk. Its not only staking is incentive you talk about.

Now you have concentration of XRP in hands of Ripple same as network stability. No competition here and no need.

I’d much rather have developers incentivised to build on XRPL through VC money, rather than ponzi giveaways built on the backs of retail investors that ultimately compromise the decentralisation of consensus that are proof of stake rewards systems.

So called VC money are still concentrated in one entity hand that are got from backs of retail investor and than you have some strange deals like giveaways to charities, unknown entities, failed businesses and strange contracts like Coil 1B and Westie 300k.

And as Ripple said buying XRP is not buying vote, so basically you buy a lottery ticket and at mercy of  Ripple success and its plans towards XRPL.

So going back to XRP and XRPL, what decentralised distribution I should see in here? You have corporare with its own vision that controls B of XRP and its own issues. You do not have anyone else, only puppets it sponsors.

Flare got a recent 11.6M round of funding that includes Charlie Lee as an investor. What’s next ? Flare is really LiteCoin owned ?

No, Flare just will airdrop FLR to LTC, and Charloe will get back that 11.6M with ease. And now LTC whales have ownership in FLR for nothing, zombies have been invited.

6 hours ago, PlanK said:

What sort of mythical company would have a solid stake in XRPL but also have nothing to do with Ripple and their products?

None. This is the problem. Its better be in contract with Ripple, rather than rely on Ripple.

Like SEC case shows, if Ripple gets screwed liquidity of XRP can be cut of very quickly. 

You think other businesses will love to build on top of XRPL buy XRP and than get blocked because of Ripple?

Edited by xrp-nuke

Hi all, been a while since I posted because nothing is happening. Successful day traders will tell you that patience is one of the most important things to learn in trading. There are times when the market is insane and a lot more times when things are very quiet. It's only natural.

I admit I'm surprised by how long we have been in this range but there we are. The next move is still more likely to be up than down. You can clearly see we are bouncing along a support on both XRPUSD and XRPBTC. If we break down through that on XRPUSD without a bounce back then this is a big problem. But as I said I think it is more likely that the next move is up. Initially the 1.15 level and then later 1.30. 

R0igbabE

xe9jIK6X

One of the reasons for the 'deadening' is that BTC dominance has been creeping back up. In the next week or two I'm expecting either one of these. I don't see a long term reversal of the trend for BTC dominance. 

AelMowWX

Anyway there is nothing to do but wait. The market is in consolidation, which means some people are loading up either buys or sells for the next move. I think up is more likely but down is also possible. Goes without saying that we don't really want to see down. 

48 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Hi all, been a while since I posted because nothing is happening. Successful day traders will tell you that patience is one of the most important things to learn in trading. There are times when the market is insane and a lot more times when things are very quiet. It's only natural.

I admit I'm surprised by how long we have been in this range but there we are. The next move is still more likely to be up than down. You can clearly see we are bouncing along a support on both XRPUSD and XRPBTC. If we break down through that on XRPUSD without a bounce back then this is a big problem. But as I said I think it is more likely that the next move is up. Initially the 1.15 level and then later 1.30. 

R0igbabE

xe9jIK6X

One of the reasons for the 'deadening' is that BTC dominance has been creeping back up. In the next week or two I'm expecting either one of these. I don't see a long term reversal of the trend for BTC dominance. 

AelMowWX

Anyway there is nothing to do but wait. The market is in consolidation, which means some people are loading up either buys or sells for the next move. I think up is more likely but down is also possible. Goes without saying that we don't really want to see down. 

I think we’re gonna keep grinding sideways for a while until we get a really big move with a perfect, miraculous narrative/explanation to go along with it “explaining” the move, whether that be up or down but I’m obviously leaning more toward up :) 

5 hours ago, NMNR said:

:lazy::lazy::lazy:

The hard truth is that he's right because it's only going down since april 14. And the lawsuit isn't going to help eighter because now the judge gave the sec 60 days to come up with some paperwork or whatever, so it's all so damn exhausting that it makes you want to go to sleep alright. 

p024ljdh.jpg

15 minutes ago, retep said:

The hard truth is that he's right because it's only going down since april 14. And the lawsuit isn't going to help eighter because now the judge gave the sec 60 days to come up with some paperwork or whatever, so it's all so damn exhausting that it makes you want to go to sleep alright. 

p024ljdh.jpg

I've spent most of my time in crypto just holding and sleeping. When something interests me, I come back to it, otherwise it's out of my mind.

3 hours ago, xrp-nuke said:

Positive vibes before weekend as always 😁🤣🤣🤣🥺

And then in the weekend it drops some more, and then a few more people will die from a heart attack before monday.

5 hours ago, retep said:

p024ljdh.jpg

I would not prefer the settlement to happen during these current market conditions of low volumes and slow side moves. I would prefer it to happen during runs like the ones we saw in April when the Crypto market is full on Safemoon retard bull market.

3 hours ago, solid102 said:

I would not prefer the settlement to happen during these current market conditions of low volumes and slow side moves. I would prefer it to happen during runs like the ones we saw in April when the Crypto market is full on Safemoon retard bull market.

Agreed, this is exactly what we need. Those are the ideal conditions to press the sell button.