Charting the course of XRP

5 minutes ago, Ripley said:

And if you compare it with BTC from the same time, you will see that it has gone down by the same amount. ETH fared better but not by much I’ve last called this behaviour on April 26, and they have been under bot trading for a couple of weeks before that.

See below, the comparison starting from April 13. Blue is BTC, Orange is ETH.

Sure it's btc that drags down about all other coins and xrp is no exception, and it's still all going downhill alright.

xrp 11 6 21 2.jpg

1 hour ago, retep said:

Sure it's btc that drags down about all other coins and xrp is no exception, and it's still all going downhill alright.

My point is that this conclusion is misleading. When we say BTC going down and is causing the market to go down, it implies that the market is doing this - as in the retail market is reacting organically to the largest crypto going down. 

I’m suggesting that this is not true. Whales are manipulating the majority of the market including BTC. Retail is not in control.

Edited by Ripley

BTC looks like it may have a chance to move upwards.  How much I'm not sure, but its on the move.  The alts have all disconnected from BTC pricing - they arent moving in synch with BTC prices.  The sells are pronounced.  BTC dominance is going up and the alts are selling off.    This has happened almost the entire pump from BTC's latest bottom.  This is perhaps the most worrisome sign I've seen.

58 minutes ago, Ripley said:

My point is that this conclusion is misleading. When we say BTC going down and is causing the market to go down, it implies that the market is doing this - as in the retail market is reacting organically to the largest crypto going down. 

I’m suggesting that this is not true. Whales are manipulating the majority of the market including BTC. Retail is not in control.

You miss one thing though, in past 24-48h, meanwhile BTC tries to go up, XRPBTC goes down, since last dump a weak ago it lost at least 300 sats.

Retail never in control of any market.

22 minutes ago, Ripley said:

Well, you said that xrp isn't going down, but the charts do show something else from april 14 until now imo, and that counts for about all coins. And how, by who and or what doesn't matter, the fact is that it's all still going down.

46 minutes ago, BarnBuilder said:

BTC looks like it may have a chance to move upwards.  How much I'm not sure, but its on the move.  The alts have all disconnected from BTC pricing - they arent moving in synch with BTC prices.  The sells are pronounced.  BTC dominance is going up and the alts are selling off.    This has happened almost the entire pump from BTC's latest bottom.  This is perhaps the most worrisome sign I've seen.

If BTC drops this weekend, alts gonna suffer badly, meanwhile, if two weeks before this week BTC was fighting for 39k, now we fight for 37k, so far I do not see any signs of convincing movement.

Cash is the king.

I wish I had something to add on whether I’m feeling bullish, bearish, skeptical or what, but truthfully, I’m just feeling neutral, which I haven’t in a while. Let’s see what happens these next few weeks. 

26 minutes ago, retep said:

Well, you said that xrp isn't going down, but the charts do show something else from april 14 until now imo, and that counts for about all coins. And how, by who and or what doesn't matter, the fact is that it's all still going down.

Sorry I don’t know where I said XRP isn’t going down. Obviously XRP went down since April 14. XRP went down by the exact same % as BTC since April 14. Around 46%. Not only that, pick any week during this period, and you’ll see that ETH,BTC,XRP almost synchronously dropped and went up the exact same way. See how those lines match almost exactly.

Of course it matters why it goes down. There’s a difference between a single crypto going up/down or the market going up/down through manipulated trading because you don’t want to be investing during times when the entire market is being manipulated. When there is market level manipulation, you’ll just lose money because the entire scheme is intended to grab retail money. Sure we can call it RSI/MA/Elliott Wave/Wyckoff or whatever. It’s all manipulation.

For example, what the graphs I posted show is simple - within the last month, if you entered the market, it doesn’t matter whether it was BTC or XRP. You lost the same amount. 

14 minutes ago, Ripley said:

Sorry I don’t know where I said XRP isn’t going down. Obviously XRP went down since April 14. XRP went down by the exact same % as BTC since April 14. Around 46%. Not only that, pick any week during this period, and you’ll see that ETH,BTC,XRP almost synchronously dropped and went up the exact same way. See how those lines match almost exactly.

1.96×0.54=1.05 XRP now is 0.85....

18 minutes ago, Ripley said:

Of course it matters why it goes down. There’s a difference between a single crypto going up/down or the market going up/down through manipulated trading because you don’t want to be investing during times when the entire market is being manipulated. When there is market level manipulation, you’ll just lose money because the entire scheme is intended to grab retail money. Sure we can call it RSI/MA/Elliott Wave/Wyckoff or whatever. It’s all manipulation.

For example, what the graphs I posted show is simple - within the last month, if you entered the market, it doesn’t matter whether it was BTC or XRP. You lost the same amount. 

This is what you said, 

"XRP isn’t going down."

So i gues you made a mistake and i didn't see it. Anyway, we agree that everything is going down atm, right?

10 minutes ago, retep said:

This is what you said, 

"XRP isn’t going down."

So i gues you made a mistake and i didn't see it. Anyway, we agree that everything is going down atm, right?

Got it. Missed a word there. I meant to say “XRP isn’t going down alone”. The rest of that post, and the graph attached clearly explains what I wanted to say, along with the post I linked and other graphs below. 

But you did catch me on that typo, so congratulations. 

We both agree that the market is going down. I probably haven’t been able to communicate what I wanted to, so let’s leave it at that.

27 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

1.96×0.54=1.05 XRP now is 0.85....

You’re right.

I made two mistakes - I misremembered  the graph I posted - which actually shows 49% but I said 46%. Also the graph I posted doesn’t have XRP at it’s all time high. XRP’s synchronised trading started just after that and so the 49% doesn’t reflect the all time high.  I also have been looking at daily charts which doesn’t reflect the intraday ATH.

3 minutes ago, BillyOckham said:

For anyone wondering about the market behaviour try this:  put XRP (or nearly any other top non defi coin) on a 1 minute chart and overlay BTC.

After doing that regularly for most of this year I have noticed the following.

What happens is this...  BTC moves and moments later the coin moves in the same direction for a similar amount.  (Get the scales matching and they are very similar moves)

They basically print a clone chart of BTC.  Bots are acting on their underlying valuation assumption of everything in comparison to BTC.  It has to be bots, because humans could never achieve the synchronicity.

BUT...  the are periods of time, sometimes days, where the other coin will do it’s own thing for macro reasons or because of coordinated whale moves.

There are also periods of time where fear or greed is rampant and the moves no longer scale exactly...  they are larger than BTC or they are smaller.  This can result in ‘clone’ charts that nonetheless drift away (in percentage terms) from BTC.

Lastly there seem to be coordinated pumps and dumps of various coins or sectors generally shifting the coin up or down in respect to BTC before rejoining the clone army.

So to my mind the market is a plaything of whales and when it’s not being shoved up or down deliberately,  it is a bot driven slave to BTC.  XRP is not exceptional in this regard with the exception of the initial dump created by the SEC.

Just my observations.

I agree a 100%. And that’s why there needs to be investor protection but I’m just disappointed with the initial targets the SEC has chosen and their approach.