Jump to content

Charting the course of XRP


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Ripley said:

I mean, sure.. So did a lot of other folks here I'd assume. If not at that low a value, certainly around 20 cents or lower. The fact that he got in at that high price is what made me feel a bit optimistic. He's usually on the bearish (realistic ?) side of the market as far as XRP is concerned so I was pleasantly surprised that he was long at ~ 1 USD even for a short period of time :) 

What's the opposite of Sir Parabola ? Sir Nuke :D 

p.s. I miss @Hopium 

How about a petition where we demand that we want @Hopium back?

[ x ] Yes

[    ] No

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

You have two biggest problems:

1. Bad memory, which brings you to false replies towards myself

 

Just now, Neurotoxin said:
On 5/19/2021 at 4:37 PM, xrp-nuke said:

Bough back some in between 0.4 and 0.3, additionally bought some at 0.11 in March 2020, sadly that was only shitcoin I bought back than 🥺

Hmmm It's not that I have bad memory. 

It's just that you said you bought in at 0.11, which is an excellent price, so I find it kind of odd that you'd buy at such high prices since you first got in at 0.006 and then at 0.11. To make a jump from that to a high value just seemed off for me. But thanks for quoting that other post, it makes sense since you're just doing a short term trade. It's just I thought you'd have some bigger bags from zerps bought in at lower levels like the 0.11 etc. I'm not "looking silly" nor am I saying anything else bad. You're just always on the defensive and looking to pick fights. Something just seemed inconsistent and I posted it hear so you could clear up my confusion, that's it.

 

42 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

2. You not follow the context, you prefer ignore me, therefore you sound silly:

I do follow the context, some information is just left out, plus there's a bit of a language barrier so that makes things a bit harder.

31 minutes ago, Ripley said:

I mean, sure.. So did a lot of other folks here I'd assume. If not at that low a value, certainly around 20 cents or lower. The fact that he got in at that high price is what made me feel a bit optimistic. He's usually on the bearish (realistic ?) side of the market as far as XRP is concerned so I was pleasantly surprised that he was long at ~ 1 USD even for a short period of time :) 

Yeah, I understood what you meant. It seems he's just doing a lot of short term trades and profiting from the "sine wave" of the price action, if you will, as opposed to a lot of us who just accumulate and hodl.

32 minutes ago, Ripley said:

p.s. I miss @Hopium

Yeah, me too :( I wish he was here at the forum making funny posts. He's the only one who literally made me laugh out loud, which is a tall task because I don't find that many things funny.

 

23 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

How about a petition where we demand that we want @Hopium back?

[ x ] Yes

[    ] No

Hear hear! Here we agree, but many of us have tried that before to no avail :( the mods just don't want him back. I even made a thread dedicated just to that lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

It's just that you said you bought in at 0.11, which is an excellent price, so I find it kind of odd that you'd buy at such high prices since you first got in at 0.006 and then at 0.11. To make a jump from that to a high value just seemed off for me. But thanks for quoting that other post, it makes sense since you're just doing a short term trade. It's just I thought you'd have some bigger bags from zerps bought in at lower levels like the 0.11 etc. I'm not "looking silly" nor am I saying anything else bad. You're just always on the defensive and looking to pick fights. Something just seemed inconsistent and I posted it hear so you could clear up my confusion, that's it

Indeed you are following, but post looked like you did not, was no clarification and therefore I become extremly defensive, so thank you for making me wrong 🤣🤣🤣

Now to clarify more, I always was saying that my biggest bags are XRP, long term stash, as some like @Seoulite label me BTC maxi 😁

Once BTC moved downwards, I first sold it at 45k or 49 do not remember, than did couple more trades that are in this thread somewhere, even one where I took loss 😁 than I divided stash on move upwards between BTC and XRP, than sold, now the stash is between USD anf XRP. As I said, I balance things. All correspondance are in this thread since last week.

40 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

the mods just don't want him back. I even made a thread dedicated just to that lol.

WE still DEMAND @Hopium!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, xrp-nuke said:

Once BTC moved downwards, I first sold it at 45k or 49 do not remember, than did couple more trades that are in this thread somewhere, even one where I took loss 😁 than I divided stash on move upwards between BTC and XRP, than sold, now the stash is between USD anf XRP. As I said, I balance things. All correspondance are in this thread since last week.

I also sold BTC around those levels. Sold the lot at like 48k from what I had originally scooped up at around 7k and some at 13k. Big win there, and also sold ETH a little after that, not at the top, but close enough for me to be happy. I flipped money around alts, making gains every time I rotated, and then at the end I decided to rotate those gains to Dash and Zcash, and then the huge crash happened lol, those have yet to recover, I hope they do. If not, then they'll be that one bad trade I made. Grrr it's annoying because the amount I lost amounts to something I wanna buy at the moment :sarcastic: Shoulda just withdrawn the cash after all those wins. Oh well, not really much in the grand scheme of things, and I'm leaving that there in hopes that it'll recover if/when BTC makes another big move to the upside, which I'm guessing is likely several weeks or a few months ahead. In the meantime I think we're just gonna be sideways in an upward trend for a few months, as I said before.

Edited by Neurotoxin
Though I'd like to be wrong and for us to have a rally much sooner than that :D Remember everybody, this is not financial advice! I never give financial advice.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's nothing much to say at the moment, we are just waiting to go up. There is a daily target of about 1.40 but it's hard to say when we will get there. Hoping the next few 4 hour candles stretch up into this area:

bksiEsGK

Short term XRPBTC looks more bearish than XRPUSD, but long term it is more bullish, so we need to bias towards the long term. Sentiment wise I think it is likely that the market is do a slow rise for a few more days before it starts speeding up. Remember that a lot of people have been burned by these drops and so are reluctant to jump back in. Also down here is where the whales want to accumulate, so they won't be in a rush to push it higher. A slow build up followed by a sudden spike is what I'm expecting, but at the moment it is very quiet. It is simply time to wait.

One positive is that BTC dominance is falling and looks like it will continue. It had the spike back to 48% but now is back at 43.15% and looks bearish. If that is going to continue then we will see alts make more gains. Long term (over the next month or two) I am expecting BTC and ETH to move up as corrections, and others to move up as impulses (including XRP). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Seoulite said:

There's nothing much to say at the moment, we are just waiting to go up. There is a daily target of about 1.40 but it's hard to say when we will get there. Hoping the next few 4 hour candles stretch up into this area:

bksiEsGK

Short term XRPBTC looks more bearish than XRPUSD, but long term it is more bullish, so we need to bias towards the long term. Sentiment wise I think it is likely that the market is do a slow rise for a few more days before it starts speeding up. Remember that a lot of people have been burned by these drops and so are reluctant to jump back in. Also down here is where the whales want to accumulate, so they won't be in a rush to push it higher. A slow build up followed by a sudden spike is what I'm expecting, but at the moment it is very quiet. It is simply time to wait.

One positive is that BTC dominance is falling and looks like it will continue. It had the spike back to 48% but now is back at 43.15% and looks bearish. If that is going to continue then we will see alts make more gains. Long term (over the next month or two) I am expecting BTC and ETH to move up as corrections, and others to move up as impulses (including XRP). 

One thing I am still not comfortable is the price increase % of XRP relative to other crypto.

The SEC lawsuit does have a severe impact to XRP price, TA cannot explain and cover this aspect properly.

It seems like we are roughly 50% slowly than others. I don't know how the trading bots all agree to do this, or there is a 50% decrease in volume due to exchange delisting. 

This prompts me to think if $5 the price target, we may end up with $2.5 ATH only. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jockeyng said:

One thing I am still not comfortable is the price increase % of XRP relative to other crypto.

The SEC lawsuit does have a severe impact to XRP price, TA cannot explain and cover this aspect properly.

It seems like we are roughly 50% slowly than others. I don't know how the trading bots all agree to do this, or there is a 50% decrease in volume due to exchange delisting. 

This prompts me to think if $5 the price target, we may end up with $2.5 ATH only. 

 

Given the growth price of ETH (from SEC lawsuit date) to when bitcoin first hit 60k, XRP should be trading at 3USD. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be AMAZING if the SEC just quit being so damn negligent and issued that no action letter already so the rest of the world can move on while they squabble against Ripple and co. They themselves said that the securities offering would apply just to Ripple and the defendants, not third parties, secondary markets, etc. I fail to understand why they can’t see the damage they’ve done and continue to do against the people they so claim to “protect” and at least remedy that in part and bring relief by issuing a no action letter to exchanges so Americans can continue (or START) trading XRP easily without being limited to just uphold or having to have special tech knowhow to get around it.  It no longer being on Coinbase/Bitstamp for Americans is a big deal IMO and the longer they continue to not take action, the longer they are hindering us and our investments. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

Would be AMAZING if the SEC just quit being so damn negligent and issued that no action letter already so the rest of the world can move on while they squabble against Ripple and co. They themselves said that the securities offering would apply just to Ripple and the defendants, not third parties, secondary markets, etc. I fail to understand why they can’t see the damage they’ve done and continue to do against the people they so claim to “protect” and at least remedy that in part and bring relief by issuing a no action letter to exchanges so Americans can continue (or START) trading XRP easily without being limited to just uphold or having to have special tech knowhow to get around it.  It no longer being on Coinbase/Bitstamp for Americans is a big deal IMO and the longer they continue to not take action, the longer they are hindering us and our investments. 

I think they see the damage they do. Perhaps the damage is the whole intent of the lawsuit. I think the SEC wants to tackle Ripple, and if they succeed try some other secondary market participants. A no action letter would invalidate that next step. Even though the lawyer allready clearly (mis?)spoke about there being no issues with secondary market sales.

What I don't get is why Ripple is not putting up those arguments so secondary markets in the US can trade XRP again and XRP and SEC can continue their dogfight. Don't they care?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

Would be AMAZING if the SEC just quit being so damn negligent and issued that no action letter already so the rest of the world can move on while they squabble against Ripple and co. They themselves said that the securities offering would apply just to Ripple and the defendants, not third parties, secondary markets, etc. I fail to understand why they can’t see the damage they’ve done and continue to do against the people they so claim to “protect” and at least remedy that in part and bring relief by issuing a no action letter to exchanges so Americans can continue (or START) trading XRP easily without being limited to just uphold or having to have special tech knowhow to get around it.  It no longer being on Coinbase/Bitstamp for Americans is a big deal IMO and the longer they continue to not take action, the longer they are hindering us and our investments. 

I think SEC are trapped in a case that they will find hard to win outright, and it may be a case Gensler would prefer not to have had started.  They are almost certainly negotiating with a second team of lawyers.  In such circumstances both sides will not give away any cards in public, and hold on to every position they have however weak, because it is leverage.

The question really is will they settle soon, or wait for discovery to be completed first.  I was hoping it would be sooner, but it seems the consensus is developing that this will not be settled until after discovery.  I guess a quick settlement would make it look as if SEC has lost outright, but maybe it is better to bite the bullet now.

If the judge allows SEC to extend the terms of the case to include discovery of sales by Ripple post the beginning of the case, that would be a reason for SEC to extend not settling.  I have seen very little commentary from our lawyer fiends about whether this is likely judgement?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I think SEC are trapped in a case that they will find hard to win outright, and it may be a case Gensler would prefer not to have had started.  They are almost certainly negotiating with a second team of lawyers.  In such circumstances both sides will not give away any cards in public, and hold on to every position they have however weak, because it is leverage.

The question really is will they settle soon, or wait for discovery to be completed first.  I was hoping it would be sooner, but it seems the consensus is developing that this will not be settled until after discovery.  I guess a quick settlement would make it look as if SEC has lost outright, but maybe it is better to bite the bullet now.

If the judge allows SEC to extend the terms of the case to include discovery of sales by Ripple post the beginning of the case, that would be a reason for SEC to extend not settling.  I have seen very little commentary from our lawyer fiends about whether this is likely judgement?

The longer the lawsuit takes, the more damage it will cause to XRP and Ripple.

If I am the SEC, I will just drag on it and there is no hurry to do a settlement. Ripple will beg SEC to settle sooner or later. Remember Coinbase never listed XRP until the bullrun is over? Good news come too late is worse than a bad news.

The time is limited in the current bullrun. I am quite pessimistic about it.

Edited by jockeyng
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jockeyng said:

One thing I am still not comfortable is the price increase % of XRP relative to other crypto.

The SEC lawsuit does have a severe impact to XRP price, TA cannot explain and cover this aspect properly.

It seems like we are roughly 50% slowly than others. I don't know how the trading bots all agree to do this, or there is a 50% decrease in volume due to exchange delisting. 

This prompts me to think if $5 the price target, we may end up with $2.5 ATH only. 

 

These things are all relative. No doubt the SEC is affecting price, but honestly people who say 'TA can't explain X' or like Mickey B Fresh says after utility comes in TA will be useless; these people don't know what some TA is. There is TA that takes heed of fundamentals, and there is some that doesn't care at all about fundamentals. Some people believe events move the market. I believe in general that the market uses events to move. If it hadn't been the SEC, it would've been something else that pushed XRP price down, or nothing at all. What caused it to rise past 70 cents the first time? Is there some explanation? 

The kind of patterns and trends we are looking at on the chart, some of them are years in the making. You never hear BCB talk about fundamentals. He thinks it is going to 10$ and he doesn't try to explain why Xrapid or something will be online to make it go there. He thinks it will go there because of the chart. When you can read the charts, you can look at any stock and make a forecast, without even knowing what company the stock is for. Same with crypto. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

I think they see the damage they do. Perhaps the damage is the whole intent of the lawsuit. I think the SEC wants to tackle Ripple, and if they succeed try some other secondary market participants.

Perhaps, the more time goes by with this case unsettled, the more they seem to me as a corrupt organization who’s main goal is to pirate money against companies/corporations through their extremely high power as a government agency. 
 

 

44 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

What I don't get is why Ripple is not putting up those arguments so secondary markets in the US can trade XRP again and XRP and SEC can continue their dogfight. Don't they care?

Hmm, I don’t think it’s that they just don’t care, I think it has more to do with it being a lesser priority on their list of goals for this case, with self preservation being the obvious #1 concern. 

 

44 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

The question really is will they settle soon, or wait for discovery to be completed first.  I was hoping it would be sooner, but it seems the consensus is developing that this will not be settled until after discovery.  I guess a quick settlement would make it look as if SEC has lost outright, but maybe it is better to bite the bullet now.

Nobody truly knows, but personally, I think this ends in a settlement within a few months from now, but I could most definitely be wrong and it might take much longer than that. I guess it all depends on how much beef they have/acquire about each other and whether they’re willing for that beef to be put under public scrutiny or not. I’m a bit upset that the Judge granted that the SEC may continue with their obviously unfair MoU requests to foreign gvts. We’re all just gonna have to patiently wait and see what happens in the end. 
 

50 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

If the judge allows SEC to extend the terms of the case to include discovery of sales by Ripple post the beginning of the case, that would be a reason for SEC to extend not settling.

Honestly, that seems unlikely to me given what a terrible job the SEC has done so far at presenting their case correctly, but hey, you never know and given the Judge allowed the preposterous MoU requests, and given that government tends to side with their kin, it might just actually happen, but I really hope it doesn’t and think it won’t. 

 

21 minutes ago, jockeyng said:

If I am the SEC, I will just drag on it and there is no hurry to do a settlement. Ripple will beg SEC to settle sooner or later. Remember Coinbase never listed XRP until the bullrun is over? Good news come too late is worse than a bad news. 

The time is not standing in our side. I am quite pessimistic about it.

Ahh come on mate, chin up, there’s still a ways to go, we aren’t even done with the discovery process. Things are just getting started and so far, Ripple’s legal team has shown far more competence and strength in their arguments than the SEC has, I’m rather optimistic about it. Many people sold their bags or at least partially after the SEC filed their lawsuit (which I’m not saying was a bad move, it actually was an excellent move if you got out early enough) I, on the other hand, waited for it to crash XRP to the ground and then bought some more during that red time. That’s why I personally see no point in buying the dips anymore at such high levels, it would only raise my cost average while the risk is much greater than it was before when it was in the low 20’s and the teens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

These things are all relative. No doubt the SEC is affecting price, but honestly people who say 'TA can't explain X' or like Mickey B Fresh says after utility comes in TA will be useless; these people don't know what some TA is. There is TA that takes heed of fundamentals, and there is some that doesn't care at all about fundamentals. Some people believe events move the market. I believe in general that the market uses events to move. If it hadn't been the SEC, it would've been something else that pushed XRP price down, or nothing at all. What caused it to rise past 70 cents the first time? Is there some explanation? 

The kind of patterns and trends we are looking at on the chart, some of them are years in the making. You never hear BCB talk about fundamentals. He thinks it is going to 10$ and he doesn't try to explain why Xrapid or something will be online to make it go there. He thinks it will go there because of the chart. When you can read the charts, you can look at any stock and make a forecast, without even knowing what company the stock is for. Same with crypto. 

Yeah, I largely agree with this. It seems price movements seem to happen before the narrative becomes available. Said differently, the price movements seem to happen before the news come out, whether they’re to the upside or to the downside. It’s all coordinated and manipulated by whales like that perfect Wyckoff distribution was. Whales have all the info. They’re the ones who own the exchanges, the search engines, the data collection, the media, etc. They know exactly when to make moves and fleece the general population. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.