Charting the course of XRP

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Once you come to terms with his horribly, horribly annoying voice, he is a very worth-while listen!  

Honestly, his voice doesn’t bother me at all. Quite the contrary, I find it a bit comical. I just say out loud “its the blockchain BACKER!” In a really exaggerated way to myself 😂 Also at the end I do the voice really exaggerated with the blockchain BACKER’s gotcher BACK!!!! 

15 hours ago, Neurotoxin said:

This is just your interpretation of the transcript mockingly, right? There’s no way a lawyer speaks like this. If it’s actually accurate, then WOW, I really need to read this transcript and get a real good laugh. 

I bore easily.  I have to make things fun for myself, because God knows some of the literal-minded, one-dimensional people on this planet aren't any fun on their own.  That said, no, I think I was pretty accurate about what he actually said, there. :)

If it comes across as mockery, well, maybe he should make better arguments - and then my restatements of them, in plain English, wouldn't come across as quite so acerbic or derisive.  From my POV, he basically just stole 5 minutes of my life by my having to read that nonsense - not him, personally - well, to an extent - but this whole stupid process.  It's a timesuck.

I mean, I know government is basically just a jobs / makework program, at this point - but, uh, we've got a country to run - was hoping that the "serious" parts of it might still be running.  More and more I find that that is not the case, as it is here.

The pithy version of that is:  "Time's a factor."

*shrug*

1 hour ago, TheXRPNinja said:

Whats interesting is that the short volume essentially was transferred from BTC and ETH to XRP and ADA.  On May 19th BTC and ETH short volume dropped precipitously to zero and on the 19th-21st the volume on ADA and XRP went from normal to max.  That tells me they switched to buyers of BTC and are hedging by shorting ADA and XRP.  My guess is that they chose XRP and ADA because they can get large enough volumes of those and believe they will drop more than BTC if BTC does not recover (which is probably true).

1 hour ago, BarnBuilder said:

Whats interesting is that the short volume essentially was transferred from BTC and ETH to XRP and ADA.  On May 19th BTC and ETH short volume dropped precipitously to zero and on the 19th-21st the volume on ADA and XRP went from normal to max.  That tells me they switched to buyers of BTC and are hedging by shorting ADA and XRP.  My guess is that they chose XRP and ADA because they can get large enough volumes of those and believe they will drop more than BTC if BTC does not recover (which is probably true).

That is all good and fine, but frol what price do they short? Since 0.7? Might they want to do squeez to fomo retails and short for real, once that happen, dump market, buy btc close longs.

Anyway as many scenarios as ypu want. Seems this short graph is just useless.

On 5/25/2021 at 11:38 AM, xrp-nuke said:

Closed positions at 37.2k and 0.928 accordingly.

Not convinced with the move so far, might take break until Sunday 🤣🤣🤣

Got bored, bought XRP at 0.98, half left in USD to lower DCA 😁 Just in case.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

That is all good and fine, but frol what price do they short? Since 0.7? Might they want to do squeez to fomo retails and short for real, once that happen, dump market, buy btc close longs.

XRP since 1.2 to 1 (short position increased as the price decreased)

ADA 1.75-1.85

I still dont understand  why they didn t close the position ADA touched 1 and XRP 0.65 since...

Over greed ? Or expected another huge drop ?

Edited by Wolfaolyth

24 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

Got bored, bought XRP at 0.98, half left in USD to lower DCA 😁 Just in case.

If you got in at 0.98, that makes me feel a bit more optimistic :D 

I'm personally happy with the dump because both XRP and BTC charts effectively reverted back to early January/late December. If the bot trading continues, and if there's no headwinds with the lawsuit, I think it's likely that when (if) BTC hits 60k again XRP will have crossed ATH.

57 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

Its telling a story.  Whoever takes those shorts at the time they took them didnt do it "just because".   Its a strange coincidence that they go from max to 0 on BTC & ETH and while going from 0 to max on XRP & ADA.   I'm not a mind reader to understand why they did it.  I speculated a reason but its pure speculation.  However, they did it for a reason and I'd say just because the chart doesnt have captions why doesn't mean its useless.  High short interest is not something you typically like to see on something you are buying unless of course you like buying low with a large stack up high - just my experience.

5 hours ago, TheXRPNinja said:

They’re about to seriously get wrecked. That was a very clear V bottom and we’ve been going sideways in an upward trend for a while no. No sudden rallies, no sudden dumps. I see no reason to short XRP at the moment. Why not short it after a really big move to the upside? Makes no sense to me to short after such a severe bottom that was clearly done on purpose to shake retail out of the market and liquidate a ton of people into the fat whale’s checking account. 

2 hours ago, Ripley said:

He actually got in at 0.006 originally. Oddly enough now it looks like he got back in at a rather high price. Wonder why he didn’t buy during the bear market instead. 

3 hours ago, Ripley said:

I'm personally happy with the dump because both XRP and BTC charts effectively reverted back to early January/late December. If the bot trading continues, and if there's no headwinds with the lawsuit, I think it's likely that when (if) BTC hits 60k again XRP will have crossed ATH.

It still at early stage and movements can be either way, I bet that by Sunday we should see 1.20-1.30, before going back to 0.9-1.10, on other hand from 1.06 it can go to 0.8 any time from now and only than back to 1.2. So, not to be borrd I did a bet 😁

I first hope that BTC will touch 43k by eow.

22 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

They’re about to seriously get wrecked. That was a very clear V bottom and we’ve been going sideways in an upward trend for a while no. No sudden rallies, no sudden dumps. I see no reason to short XRP at the moment. Why not short it after a really big move to the upside? Makes no sense to me to short after such a severe bottom that was clearly done on purpose to shake retail out of the market and liquidate a ton of people into the fat whale’s checking account. 

He actually got in at 0.006 originally. Oddly enough now it looks like he got back in at a rather high price. Wonder why he didn’t buy during the bear market instead. 

You have two biggest problems:

1. Bad memory, which brings you to false replies towards myself

2. You not follow the context, you prefer ignore me, therefore you sound silly:

AND last but not least : 🤣🤣🤣

39 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

I mean, sure.. So did a lot of other folks here I'd assume. If not at that low a value, certainly around 20 cents or lower. The fact that he got in at that high price is what made me feel a bit optimistic. He's usually on the bearish (realistic ?) side of the market as far as XRP is concerned so I was pleasantly surprised that he was long at ~ 1 USD even for a short period of time :) 

What's the opposite of Sir Parabola ? Sir Nuke :D 

p.s. I miss @Hopium