Charting the course of XRP

I'm a 2017 hodler technically. Started buying in the 20s but averaged up a bit on the rise up in December. Didn't sell a single zerp last run.

I have tiered sell orders lined up starting in the $1.8 range, but only after we dropped below that this bull run. Needless to say, haven't sold yet again.

I'll be lying if I didn't think about selling the past day just so I guarantee any gains. But I'm coming closer and closer to making peace with the prospect of dropping to the 20s again. Not that I think it definitely won't happen (dropping that low), but I just can't bear the prospect of selling at a relative low point now only to see it go up later.

I guess I'm still hanging on to hopium, sadly.

5 minutes ago, youngdude said:

Not that I think it definitely won't happen (dropping that low), but I just can't bear the prospect of selling at a relative low point now only to see it go up later.

I guess I'm still hanging on to hopium, sadly.

Gambling addiction. I feel it too, it is vicious and super hard to manage.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Troote said:

Gambling addiction. I feel it too, it is vicious and super hard to manage.

Reading your post history you said you have fingers on the trigger. Have you sold anything substantial this run? And what's your plan from here? If you don't mind sharing...

Edited by youngdude

3 minutes ago, youngdude said:

Reading your post history you said you have fingers on the trigger. Have you sold anything substantial this run? And what's your plan from here? If you don't mind sharing...

Yes, sold absolutely everything. Made significant profits but it still feels like sh*t given how much more I would have made if I had sold the top. I guess I should just be grateful. The relief is to see just how much everything tanked overnight, it could have been even worse.

Plan is to pay my taxes, then re-invest my initial investment at some point. Waiting for good re-entry after the bloodbath ends.

10 minutes ago, Troote said:

Yes, sold absolutely everything. Made significant profits but it still feels like sh*t given how much more I would have made if I had sold the top. I guess I should just be grateful. The relief is to see just how much everything tanked overnight, it could have been even worse.

Plan is to pay my taxes, then re-invest my initial investment at some point. Waiting for good re-entry after the bloodbath ends.

This might turn out to be an excellent decision. We will know soon enough. I'm also a bit bitter because I considered selling when we topped at 1.90. I could have rebought my whole bag and still had profit in my bank. Thank god I got profits from BTC, ETH, and a few other alts, though. If not, I think I'd be REALLY sour right now.

59 minutes ago, Troote said:

Yes, sold absolutely everything. Made significant profits but it still feels like sh*t given how much more I would have made if I had sold the top. I guess I should just be grateful.

Yeah, probably should be grateful, either way.  Now that you've admitted you sold, after telling everyone who didn't do that that you think they're blind, do you feel any better?  Maybe you should take a little break and reflect and introspect?  :pardon:

1 hour ago, Troote said:

well done, you do not have to regret your decision even if the market turns.  You did what was right for you at that moment and have handsome profits.

I will go on holding, but this does feel like a blood bath and I might regret it down the line, but I doubt it.  I thought we would see some green this morning, but it is even worse!

17 minutes ago, NightJanitor said:

Yeah, probably should be grateful, either way.  Now that you've admitted you sold, after telling everyone who didn't do that that you think they're blind, do you feel any better?  Maybe you should take a little break and reflect and introspect?  :pardon:

No, it does not feel good. But I see people on this forum who are touting that they will be holding until they die. Some still post "TA" with magic reversals and ludicrous bullish predictions despite the fact that we are in downtrend, printing lower highs and lower lows. 

The vast majority of alts have printed major blow off tops. The correction so far has been much greater than any other correction during a past bull run. Yet people hold and brandish memes such as "diamond hands", as if it was something to be proud of. This is a recipe for disaster. Who should do a bit of introspection, do you think?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Troote said:

Who should do a bit of introspection, do you think?

I think everybody would benefit from periodic introspection, but since you're asking, I still think it's you who needs it at the moment. You were absent from the forum for a very long time and now you've come here to what? Save us? Or just show what a great decision you've made and how much better off you are now? Your tone is somewhat condescending or scolding and I don't think we need or asked for either.

Edited by Neurotoxin
Replaced a word with a more suitable one, English is not my native language.