Charting the course of XRP

12 minutes ago, jockeyng said:

Not trying to be pessimistic, with BTC still going down, it looks like we are going back to $0.75. 

Other coins like BNB drops 50%+ it's still fine, it still go up from $50 to $314.

But for XRP, going back to $0.75 means we didn't move at all, we missed the whole bullrun. That's depressing.

So just our of curiosity.  If we have missed the bullrun is that it for 4 years now? I see some stuff still going up through this. 

2 minutes ago, Mummabearinvestor said:

So just our of curiosity.  If we have missed the bullrun is that it for 4 years now? I see some stuff still going up through this. 

This is an even depressing question to answer. Short answer is Yes, roughly 4 years when bitcoin halving happens.

But XRP holders has been holding it with almost no movement at all in the last 3 years, 3 + 4 = 7 years. 

It means you invest in something with no appreciation in value even though your new born baby knows how to crawl, walk, run and talk to you.

6 minutes ago, jockeyng said:

This is an even depressing question to answer. Short answer is Yes, roughly 4 years when bitcoin halving happens.

But XRP holders has been holding it with almost no movement at all in the last 3 years, 3 + 4 = 7 years. 

It means you invest in something with no appreciation in value even though your new born baby knows how to crawl, walk, run and talk to you.

Wow super rough. 

My question all these hodlers (2017 )is why not tap out while we are a little higher than this and buy back in when we are closer to the target? 

I don’t worry too much about where the price is right now... although slightly annoyed right now, but...

What would XRP look like today has it not been for the SEC court case... then what would XRP look like after the case (assuming a win)?

Delaying the inevitable? 

Just now, Mummabearinvestor said:

Wow super rough. 

My question all these hodlers (2017 )is why not tap out while we are a little higher than this and buy back in when we are closer to the target? 

There is always a tiny flame of hope.

And as there is a real utility and project behind xrp, well, perhaps one day we won t follow BTC cycle

2 minutes ago, Wolfaolyth said:

There is always a tiny flame of hope.

And as there is a real utility and project behind xrp, well, perhaps one day we won t follow BTC cycle

This is true. Im planning on buying more at the halving and i do believe in xrp. But the long termers being around for so long you think selling now and buying back in when it drops as most are predicting even if only a little would maximise your money / xrp holdings. Even if you bought back in just before real fomo hit would be a better financial decision. I just thought i must be missing something   

^

How do you know it is gonna drop?  Any certainty?

Anyone who has held for nearly a decade can hold longer because it's not their primary investment. They can see the unpredictability of their crypto holdings and appreciate it is just part of a longer term strategy diversified over a range of assets with differing risk.

9 minutes ago, PlanK said:

^

How do you know it is gonna drop?  Any certainty?

Anyone who has held for nearly a decade can hold longer because it's not their primary investment. They can see the unpredictability of their crypto holdings and appreciate it is just part of a longer term strategy diversified over a range of assets with differing risk.

But why hold when you can make even 50 xrp by selling and re buying? 

Its obviously dropped we knew minute bit coin news came out. Yes we could rally higher but by the charts thats not happening any time soon

22 minutes ago, Mummabearinvestor said:

This is true. Im planning on buying more at the halving and i do believe in xrp. But the long termers being around for so long you think selling now and buying back in when it drops as most are predicting even if only a little would maximise your money / xrp holdings. Even if you bought back in just before real fomo hit would be a better financial decision. I just thought i must be missing something   

It works if you are a very smart trader. If not, it only takes a few bad trades to wipe out half or even more of your portfolio, especially as we are in the down trend with super high volatility.

Just open an excel, do a simulation for a day of trade, write it down on the excel then you know what why most of us  hodl here. 

^^

This is the problem with crypto.  Everyone in it to make quick money.  People see it as the stock market, but on steroids.  They are right that it's like the stock market, and the same advice anyone would give you in investing in the stock market apply to crypto:  Invest in Blue ribbon, hold many years, cash out.

Sure, watch the 24 hour chart and know that someone got lucky.  And hey...  maybe that could be you?  Throw down some money and stress everyday...  not my scene.  Zoom out and find some Zen.

5 minutes ago, PlanK said:

^^

This is the problem with crypto.  Everyone in it to make quick money.  People see it as the stock market, but on steroids.  They are right that it's like the stock market, and the same advice anyone would give you in investing in the stock market apply to crypto:  Invest in Blue ribbon, hold many years, cash out.

Sure, watch the 24 hour chart and know that someone got lucky.  And hey...  maybe that could be you?  Throw down some money and stress everyday...  not my scene.  Zoom out and find 

Yeah i guess its noT for everyone

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mummabearinvestor said:

Several reasons:

1.Because we really believe in the project and that it has value. 

2.Because there is always that chance that you miss the boat and get in too late. These things happen so fast, that you could literally go to bed having sold something, and then getting up the next day and the price is now 5x what it was last night right after u sold and went to sleep. Bye bye bags. 

3.Because us holders were looking at it long term anyway, so any short term price action isn’t significant enough (when you take the risk to reward ratio into account) to sell our positions. If we held on for so many years, what’s another few months/year to cash out? Life goes on. 

4.Jed’s taco stand is running out. He’s very likely gonna run out of his XRP holdings before the year is up. Not everybody thinks this matters, but a lot of us (myself included) do. 

I’m just really patient and following my plan. If things look too dire and I’m not just looking at an obvious shakeout and instead see signs that this run is really over, then yeah, I’d pull out and just buy back in in the bear market perhaps. Just my 2c

Edit: In case you're not informed yet, Jed McCaleb is actually the founder of Ripple, but he left in 2013 and then the next year he co-founded Stellar (XLM) which is very similar to Ripple and XRP. He was given billions of XRP just like all the other top dogs did in the beginning, but when he left, he's been dumping XRP like crazy. Thankfully, an agreement was reached and his sales are capped and are based on the amount of trade volume on XRP on a weekly timescale. His sales are actually handled by Ripple. He now has under 2b XRP and is projected to run out this year if I'm not mistaken, if these volumes continue to be so high. @jbjnr Has a thread on his "taco stand".

Edited by Neurotoxin
Added who Jed was for the newbies who aren't aware.

3 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

instead see signs that this run is really over

I think you are blind. Have you seen the chart of ETH? Or VET? Or LTC? Sure, BTC top was not the same as in past bull runs. However many many alts have printed a very clear blow off top. Stop looking at log charts and face reality. The party is over, the longer you wait, the more money you will lose.

9 minutes ago, Troote said:

I think you are blind. Have you seen the chart of ETH? Or VET? Or LTC? Sure, BTC top was not the same as in past bull runs. However many many alts have printed a very clear blow off top. Stop looking at log charts and face reality. The party is over, the longer you wait, the more money you will lose.

I’m sorry to disagree with you my dear Trout. We don’t all look at the market the same and I will leave it at that :)  

Posted (edited)

Looks like the party is over for now.. guess we have to wait for the next party and wish xrp rocks the next one    I feel sad some unknown coins made new ATHs and people with zero conviction about those coins got home richer.. we the one who believe in xrp are stranded here for now..

Edited by iStay