Charting the course of XRP

57 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

It’s a good question. You have to remember that the XRPBTC chart is not just a calculation based on what the respective USD charts are doing. It is a pair in it’s own right, with its own patterns, and people trading it. For example when ETHBTC spiked, it is because people are converting their btc to eth, not primarily because people are buying eth with fiat.

So charts will take turns dictating the pace, depending on where they are. Xrpbtc is at an important level, so it is the one driving for now. Xrpusd is just in the range, and is being dragged around. Remember also that the influence of Bitcoin is not absolute.

You are right though that the main event is the USD chart. But the xrpbtc chart can be a very useful indicator to support your bias.

(All these examples are relatively long term, daily or weekly trends). For example, imagine XRPUSD is bullish, but XRPBTC is bearish and BTCUSD is bullish. All of these are unlikely to be correct, unless btc is going to move extremely fast to the upside, like really really fast. If other analysis supports that then it’s possible, but generally not a common setup.

Right now we have bearish BTC, bullish XRPUSD and bullish XRPBTC. This lines up. So this supports our bullish bias on the USD chart. Same for XRPETH. 

The reason I am so interested in XRPBTC right now is that it is close to breaking a historic resistance, which would mean a long term trend to the upside. If we get a long term trend to the upside with XRPBTC then it suggests either XRP going up and BTC sideways or down, or XRP sideways and down and BTC really really really down. 

Thanks for the detailed explanation. This post made me smile :) 

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

7 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation. This post made me smile :) 

Also as a general rule in forex, a cross pair like XRPBTC really really moves when the two go opposite to each other. So the scenarios I mentioned above about both moving in the same direction but one moving faster is less likely than a total opposition. ETH was going up and BTC going down, so it was big green candles the whole way. 

A very good trade is if you identify a divergence like that and get in the trade in the cross pair, then you can see some wild moves. For example if I had any Bitcoin I wouldn’t have sold to fiat, I would’ve traded it to xrp. Because xrpbtc is at a lower level and so the potential upside is bigger.

11 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Also as a general rule in forex, a cross pair like XRPBTC really really moves when the two go opposite to each other. So the scenarios I mentioned above about both moving in the same direction but one moving faster is less likely than a total opposition. ETH was going up and BTC going down, so it was big green candles the whole way. 

A very good trade is if you identify a divergence like that and get in the trade in the cross pair, then you can see some wild moves. For example if I had any Bitcoin I wouldn’t have sold to fiat, I would’ve traded it to xrp. Because xrpbtc is at a lower level and so the potential upside is bigger.

Yeah like the big fireworks moment for XRP in 2017 when it went parabolic as BTC consolidated after hitting the top. It was madness. 

1 minute ago, Julian_Williams said:

This has the feeling of being the beginning of a break out - not sure where we cross out of the pennant?   fingers crossed.

I agree. In the last several days, when price was dragged down by BTC, it soon jumped back even if the whole market remained low. This is really like early December in 2017.

9 hours ago, princesultan said:

Completely out of control. Totally oblivious and fully in their own bubble. It’s unreal. I’m not sure how the judge allows this crap. 

It says that the sec wants to protect the investors, but none of us asked them to protect us, so we should start
a protest march and tell the sec to mind their own damn business!

8 minutes ago, retep said:

It says that the sec wants to protect the investors, but none of us asked them to protect us, so we should start
a protest march and tell the sec to mind their own damn business!

Well, as you can see, by SEC definition, XRP holders are not investors and therefore not under protection, I guess SEC wants to protect those, who will be looking into crypto against evil XRP.

By SEC definition, we are already zombies. Infected.