Charting the course of XRP

4 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Your English is a million times better than my whatever-is-your-native language.  I’m in awe of anyone that can speak more than one.  It’s nearly incomprehensible to me.  So well done on that.

Now when I typed that paragraph above, I didn’t care where it was in the editing box...  I just kept typing and put a full stop after the end of each sentence then two spaces to make the sentences seperate.  It was only when I had finished what I wanted to be displayed as a paragraph that I hit the ENTER/RETURN key.  That starts a new paragraph.  

Then I type again as many sentences as make a coherent thought then start a new paragraph for the next one by hitting RETURN/ENTER key.  (Sometimes it’s called ENTER and sometimes RETURN.  Does the same thing no matter what it is called.)  Two RETURN key presses really separates the paragraphs if needed for emphasis of the gap.

Hope this helps and please take heart that your language skill is impressive to me and any of us that can only speak one.

Thanks for the compliment! I also speak and write german, because they are our neighbours and my mother is german, but she never spoke a single word german with me and learned dutch herself before i started to grow up.   The way i learned german is when my parents worked in germany of some years and then i came over in weekends and holidays and i watched alot of german tv series, so that was  a walk in the park for me. And then i'm a louzy student because alot of my family do speak english, german, french, italian, danish and spanish, so they all are even waaaaay better than me.                Haha, it reminds me that my dad walked into my mother in the early 60's, so about +- 15 years after the war, so my grandfather sure didn't like that because the war was just a decade and a half over, so germans were not that welcome yet in those days, so my mother was called a "kraut" alot of times before my grandfather started to accept my mother.        And then in the 80's there was this comedy series on tv called 'london calling" also known as "allo allo" and comedy is about the adventures of René atoirs, a café owner during ww2 who had to deal with the resitance, the gestapo, german soldiers, british pilots that hide in his cafe, and a painting of the fallen madonna with the big boobies that he had to hide     and police officer crabtree who was a british pilot that was shot down, and became a french police officer to hide that he was a brit, and he didn't speak a word french, so he just made it up whatever he said, so the germans and the french didn't understand a word of what he was saying. But the comedy is played by english actors, so the ones that played the french needed to speak english with a french accent, and the germans spoke english with a german accent and then the british police officer spoke english with a french accent, but didn't make any sense and that made it soo hilarious because he said things like, "gut moaning, i was pissing your coffee and thought by moe self, let's take a lick and have a dronk." Well look at it yourself because i just can't explain how funny that was, and that i as a dutch dude understood every word of it while alot of my fellow dutch men didn't get the jokes because they don't understand english in the first place. And in holland we use subtitles so the original voices are being kept as it is and that is half the joke in this comedy, because half the fun is about language differences, so a good learning school aswell. Anyway, i love the english language and in holland we use alot of english words, specialy in the offices and to pronounce a job title because we have system operators, call centre, cleaners, managers and so on and on, and when we start to swear, the first words are sh*t and f*ck, so we already use more english words than we know.  Well i don't want to derail the topic too much, so i quit here and say thanks again for the compliment! :good:

4 hours ago, Seoulite said:

BTC broke out of a downtrend line and so is moving up a bit. XRPBTC is falling some but it's not a disaster. We should find support around 3100, or at worst 3000 sats. We don't really want to break below that.

i'm supprised that xrp is around 1,60 while btc is struggling around 50k, so it looks like xrp starts to act like the alt coins who don't give a damn about what btc does.

1 hour ago, retep said:

i get it now. I need to keep on typing until it automaticly starts the next line and not hit enter myself. So i should keep on writing like this and then ( in this case) after the word "on" it starts a new line.

When i would hit enter earlier then it skips a line like now. :JC_doubleup:

Hitting 'Enter' makes a paragraph break... hitting 'Shift Enter' makes a line break. Paragraph Breaks also break formatting if desire...

6 hours ago, retep said:

i get it now. I need to keep on typing until it automaticly starts the next line and not hit enter myself. So i should keep on writing like this and then ( in this case) after the word "on" it starts a new line.

When i would hit enter earlier then it skips a line like now. :JC_doubleup:

There's also this handy trick for a single new line : 
Hit the SHIFT-ENTER to produce a single...
Like so. 

Cheers.

6 hours ago, retep said:

Thanks for the compliment! I also speak and write german, because they are our neighbours and my mother is german, but she never spoke a single word german with me and learned dutch herself before i started to grow up.   The way i learned german is when my parents worked in germany of some years and then i came over in weekends and holidays and i watched alot of german tv series, so that was  a walk in the park for me. And then i'm a louzy student because alot of my family do speak english, german, french, italian, danish and spanish, so they all are even waaaaay better than me.                Haha, it reminds me that my dad walked into my mother in the early 60's, so about +- 15 years after the war, so my grandfather sure didn't like that because the war was just a decade and a half over, so germans were not that welcome yet in those days, so my mother was called a "kraut" alot of times before my grandfather started to accept my mother.        And then in the 80's there was this comedy series on tv called 'london calling" also known as "allo allo" and comedy is about the adventures of René atoirs, a café owner during ww2 who had to deal with the resitance, the gestapo, german soldiers, british pilots that hide in his cafe, and a painting of the fallen madonna with the big boobies that he had to hide     and police officer crabtree who was a british pilot that was shot down, and became a french police officer to hide that he was a brit, and he didn't speak a word french, so he just made it up whatever he said, so the germans and the french didn't understand a word of what he was saying. But the comedy is played by english actors, so the ones that played the french needed to speak english with a french accent, and the germans spoke english with a german accent and then the british police officer spoke english with a french accent, but didn't make any sense and that made it soo hilarious because he said things like, "gut moaning, i was pissing your coffee and thought by moe self, let's take a lick and have a dronk." Well look at it yourself because i just can't explain how funny that was, and that i as a dutch dude understood every word of it while alot of my fellow dutch men didn't get the jokes because they don't understand english in the first place. And in holland we use subtitles so the original voices are being kept as it is and that is half the joke in this comedy, because half the fun is about language differences, so a good learning school aswell. Anyway, i love the english language and in holland we use alot of english words, specialy in the offices and to pronounce a job title because we have system operators, call centre, cleaners, managers and so on and on, and when we start to swear, the first words are sh*t and f*ck, so we already use more english words than we know.  Well i don't want to derail the topic too much, so i quit here and say thanks again for the compliment! :good:

Je antwoorden mogen korter, hoor....dit leidt wel erg af.... ;-)

7 minutes ago, Erik156 said:

Je antwoorden mogen korter, hoor....dit leidt wel erg af.... ;-)

Tja, ik kan er ook niks aan doen dat ik zoveel hulp, verhalen en adviezen te horen krijg, en dan worden de antwoorden wel eens langer uit dan de bedoeling was. 

26 minutes ago, Ripley said:

This Tether situation is a bad problem. Expect the market to continue taking a hit as institutions reduce their exposure to USDT. 

Tether situation? 

6 minutes ago, retep said:

Tether situation? 

They just gave their court ordered documentation on what’s backing USDT and turns out most of it is parked in IOUs with entities that aren’t disclosed/transparent. So 1 USDT is != 1 USD unless proven otherwise. See Commercial Paper below.

image.png.fd74510ac0ffc25de6bc687ed55a469b.png

12 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

Tsss let BTC sink to 38k

That’s about where it’s price should be at within this bull cycle, it’s just super inflated due to Elon musk, ect 

26 minutes ago, NMNR said:

Tether situation is largely fud. There's ample USD alternatives now. 

USD alternatives means things will be fine in the long term 

Whether there are other alternatives is immaterial right now. What matters is whether USDT is really 100% backed or not.  A lot of the pumps over the last few years was due to easy access to USDT. That may be at risk now.

2 minutes ago, Ripley said:

USD alternatives means things will be fine in the long term 

Whether there are other alternatives is immaterial right now. What matters is whether USDT is really 100% backed or not.  A lot of the pumps over the last few years was due to easy access to USDT. That may be at risk now.

It is backed, it just pekple annoyed that is not backed with what they want it to be backed. Anyway USDC, GUSD etc. Are there.