Molten

Charting the course of XRP

13 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Is it really possible to price in a two week pump in interest.  Surely they simply let it happen and take a profit from the inflow of funds into XRP?

Well I guess we will have to wait and see.  One thing I can say for certain is that this doesn't look like previous SWELL pumps.

Here's the  XRP/USD chart showing our current trend. We've pulled back on most of these down waves no more than just enough to touch the cloud, and so one would look for today/tonight to see it turn up. Not super exciting moves, but it's been a good month for XRP.108964256_ScreenShot2019-10-18at7_29_28AM.thumb.png.7c06b19734113975618775ecfe230650.png

Edited by dr_ed

13 minutes ago, Molten said:

The channel is mesmerizing.............

rptps3Lt

Respect the channel! Not sure if this slow and steady weekly rise has any correlation to the slow and steady increase in liquidity of xRapid use on Bitso. It is interesting to see that the two are both steadily increasing. 

image.thumb.png.8c2aeb12ec85b848471ae5af3b29c377.png

50 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I think it’s too early yet for the annual pre-swell pump.

Personally, I prefer this gradual slow and steady increase over rapid pumps. From what I've been learning in this thread the gradual increase helps us establish a higher floor. I'd rather we pump from a higher floor than current price levels. Hopefully the next pump leads to FOMO from the FI's currently using RippleNet causing them to transition to XRP usage in payment floors and ultimately allowing us to further raise the price floor. 

42 minutes ago, Mpolnet said:

Personally, I prefer this gradual slow and steady increase over rapid pumps. 

Oh yes, absolutely.  I don’t know if it’s correlation or causation,  but I’d be very happy if this uptrend continues and parallels an uptrend in volume.  

I'd like to see XRP go to a buck twenty in the next ten weeks.      :)

We've seen a gradual erosion of support for almost a year, from when I started buying XRP in November of last year, right up until the 25th of last month. Now the trend has reversed, and we should bounce. And bounce hard.

I see no particular benefit to a slow rise, from a fundamental standpoint or a technical standpoint.....

But that's just my opinion, man.

1 hour ago, Mpolnet said:

Personally, I prefer this gradual slow and steady increase over rapid pumps. From what I've been learning in this thread the gradual increase helps us establish a higher floor. I'd rather we pump from a higher floor than current price levels. Hopefully the next pump leads to FOMO from the FI's currently using RippleNet causing them to transition to XRP usage in payment floors and ultimately allowing us to further raise the price floor. 

This is the right way to think.

15 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

I'd like to see XRP go to a buck twenty in the next ten weeks.      :)

We've seen a gradual erosion of support for almost a year, from when I started buying XRP in November of last year, right up until the 25th of last month. Now the trend has reversed, and we should bounce. And bounce hard.

I see no particular benefit to a slow rise, from a fundamental standpoint or a technical standpoint.....

But that's just my opinion, man.

Fast rises result in a technically overbought asset in a purely speculative market = rapid dump.

Slow rise results in established floors, slowly growing confidence = staying power.  People trust something that's been growing for months or years rather than something that blew 1000% in 2 days out of nowhere.

Though admittedly I'll take the 1000% pump but you won't be hearing from me anymore if that happens because I will be on an island somewhere B)

6 minutes ago, Molten said:

Fast rises result in a technically overbought asset in a purely speculative market = rapid dump.

Slow rise results in established floors, slowly growing confidence = staying power.  People trust something that's been growing for months or years rather than something that blew 1000% in 2 days out of nowhere.

Though admittedly I'll take the 1000% pump but you won't be hearing from me anymore if that happens because I will be on an island somewhere B)

You mean  100000% pump will get you an island?

2 hours ago, Mpolnet said:

Respect the channel! Not sure if this slow and steady weekly rise has any correlation to the slow and steady increase in liquidity of xRapid use on Bitso. It is interesting to see that the two are both steadily increasing. 

image.thumb.png.8c2aeb12ec85b848471ae5af3b29c377.png

I really hope this is true but I think we are waaaaay too early for utility based growth.  But, man, that would be nice.