Charting the course of XRP

2 minutes ago, retep said:

I'm not denying that it's a problem, but I would say that you should temper that data with the % of GDP the debt it. GDP is a lagging indicator. Keep in mind that both parties in the U.S. for couple of decades (since the wars in the Middle East) have been significantly adding to the debt. Based on their fiscal ideologies, the additional money has been used for various reasons. 

Unfortunately the only way to fix this is to spend more into infrastructure -

• Physical infrastructure - bridges, roads, power plants, electric grids, etc.
  • Soft infrastructure - cyber security, training the working population with tools that suit the modern world and modern needs, etc.
  • Continue to fund Biotechnology, Space Exploration, A.I/M.L etc. The U.S. needs to maintain its IP superiority. 

There are a few logically easy but politically difficult avenues to balance spending with additional revenues and reduced expenses. 

• Keep income taxes low. Higher income taxes only serve to keep rich people rich and (relatively) poor people poor by making upward mobility very hard. 
  • Some form of Estate tax. When we get an airdrop or as an employee get RSUs vested, we are forced to pay taxes on it as if it was ordinary income. Why shouldn't that happen for inheritance ? How is the "free" money that is inheritance different from the "free" money that is airdrops or RSUs ?
  • Significantly reallocate defense expenses to fit the modern needs. We seem to be continuing to throw more money at modern Defense tools but we don't seem to stop spending on super old stuff that's not needed anymore. Look at what happened in the most recent Azerbaijan vs. Armenian war. China and Israel, now increasingly Turkey, are running rounds around the old-war style tactics of strength in numbers and might with much much cheaper kamikaze drones. 
  • Remove stupid loopholes that allow companies to "show" profits outside the U.S. If as a U.S. citizen you are forced to pay taxes in the U.S. wherever you are in the world, why aren't companies forced to do the same ?

Anyway.. One can only wish.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

39 minutes ago, Ripley said:

I'm not denying that it's a problem, but I would say that you should temper that data with the % of GDP the debt it. GDP is a lagging indicator. Keep in mind that both parties in the U.S. for couple of decades (since the wars in the Middle East) have been significantly adding to the debt. Based on their fiscal ideologies, the additional money has been used for various reasons. 

Unfortunately the only way to fix this is to spend more into infrastructure -

• Physical infrastructure - bridges, roads, power plants, electric grids, etc.
  • Soft infrastructure - cyber security, training the working population with tools that suit the modern world and modern needs, etc.
  • Continue to fund Biotechnology, Space Exploration, A.I/M.L etc. The U.S. needs to maintain its IP superiority. 

There are a few logically easy but politically difficult avenues to balance spending with additional revenues and reduced expenses. 

• Keep income taxes low. Higher income taxes only serve to keep rich people rich and (relatively) poor people poor by making upward mobility very hard. 
  • Some form of Estate tax. When we get an airdrop or as an employee get RSUs vested, we are forced to pay taxes on it as if it was ordinary income. Why shouldn't that happen for inheritance ? How is the "free" money that is inheritance different from the "free" money that is airdrops or RSUs ?
  • Significantly reallocate defense expenses to fit the modern needs. We seem to be continuing to throw more money at modern Defense tools but we don't seem to stop spending on super old stuff that's not needed anymore. Look at what happened in the most recent Azerbaijan vs. Armenian war. China and Israel, now increasingly Turkey, are running rounds around the old-war style tactics of strength in numbers and might with much much cheaper kamikaze drones. 
  • Remove stupid loopholes that allow companies to "show" profits outside the U.S. If as a U.S. citizen you are forced to pay taxes in the U.S. wherever you are in the world, why aren't companies forced to do the same ?

Anyway.. One can only wish.

The country is a mess alright. Roads have more craters than the moon, alot of bridges didn't see maintenance since roosevelt was in the white house, bridges on abandoned roads are being stolen and sold as scrap metal,water, electricity and sewage should be fixed 25 years ago,  the healthcare sucks and alot americansgo to cuba to get threatment and medicine because it cost 10 times less there. Then alot of americans need one or two jobs on the side because their main job doesn't pay enough to pay all the  bills, and that's why you see more and more americans living in a car or in a trailerpark. And americans are lucky when they get 2 weeks vacation a year, and alot of them need to work overtime every day and even have to work on a saturday, the sidewalks in big cities are full of homeless people and drug users, and so on and on. Now when you have a good running business  or a job that needs a good education, then life is great, but not as an uneducated person because then you get the shit jobs that don't pay well, so i would only want to live there when i have enough money and not have to work for a boss because i know what kind of slave drivers they can be. So it's not the most ideal place to live as an average uneducated joe. Now Switserland is THE most perfect country on the planet because the whole country looks like a ideal scale trainset, the wages are high, almost no unemployment, and when you want a dog then you must have two, because the dog needs a companion, and you must take classes with the dogs and learn them not to bark because else the police can give you a ticket, and after 22 hours you may no longer make a noise at all, and alot of more things like this, so they sure are the most decent, educated and polite people on the planet. And they don't mix themselves with other countries politics, and stay out of every conflict and mind their own business and declared themselves as a neutral country. And you just can't move overthere, because to become a citizen you need to proove that you have work and can hold up your own pants or else beat it because they sure not going to give their money away to every dead beat that walks into the country.

19 minutes ago, retep said:

The country is a mess alright. Roads have more craters than the moon, alot of bridges didn't see maintenance since roosevelt was in the white house, bridges on abandoned roads are being stolen and sold as scrap metal,water, electricity and sewage should be fixed 25 years ago,  the healthcare sucks and alot americansgo to cuba to get threatment and medicine because it cost 10 times less there. Then alot of americans need one or two jobs on the side because their main job doesn't pay enough to pay all the  bills, and that's why you see more and more americans living in a car or in a trailerpark. And americans are lucky when they get 2 weeks vacation a year, and alot of them need to work overtime every day and even have to work on a saturday, the sidewalks in big cities are full of homeless people and drug users, and so on and on. Now when you have a good running business  or a job that needs a good education, then life is great, but not as an uneducated person because then you get the shit jobs that don't pay well, so i would only want to live there when i have enough money and not have to work for a boss because i know what kind of slave drivers they can be. So it's not the most ideal place to live as an average uneducated joe. Now Switserland is THE most perfect country on the planet because the whole country looks like a ideal scale trainset, the wages are high, almost no unemployment, and when you want a dog then you must have two, because the dog needs a companion, and you must take classes with the dogs and learn them not to bark because else the police can give you a ticket, and after 22 hours you may no longer make a noise at all, and alot of more things like this, so they sure are the most decent, educated and polite people on the planet. And they don't mix themselves with other countries politics, and stay out of every conflict and mind their own business and declared themselves as a neutral country. And you just can't move overthere, because to become a citizen you need to proove that you have work and can hold up your own pants or else beat it because they sure not going to give their money away to every dead beat that walks into the country.

I preferred your previous style of posting as it was easier to read.

Now if only the XRP buy wall was as big as this wall of text!

I'm just joking by the way, don't take it too seriously :)

1 hour ago, Triceratops said:

i

think

he

meant

that

you

wrote

that :D

you mean that i skip a line before i type the next one? Well, i can't help that and i have problems with that

everywhere, so my previous post i wrote everything first and then shoved the lines together, but i'm not going to do that 

with every post, because that's too much of a hassle, so only when i type long pieces.

It may not be true. This April pump mainly happen in weekends. But now the problem is, when Bitcoin is stable, most major cryptos start to bounce up. However, we are one of the most slowly ones. 

52 minutes ago, hsc said:

It may not be true. This April pump mainly happen in weekends. But now the problem is, when Bitcoin is stable, most major cryptos start to bounce up. However, we are one of the most slowly ones. 

Stable? From 59 to 45 and now fighting 50s 🤣🤣🤣👍 alright

14 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

Stable? From 59 to 45 and now fighting 50s 🤣🤣🤣👍 alright

Just for yesterday and today it is 49 to 50. Very stable.

10 hours ago, retep said:

you mean that i skip a line before i type the next one? Well, i can't help that and i have problems with that

everywhere, so my previous post i wrote everything first and then shoved the lines together, but i'm not going to do that 

with every post, because that's too much of a hassle, so only when i type long pieces.

You have no paragraphs. It's a wall of text and difficult to read. You have problems with single spacing? We all use the same website to post - which browser are you using? Very odd issue. 

14 hours ago, retep said:

The country is a mess alright. Roads have more craters than the moon,

You should come and visit Puerto Rico and you’ll see what REAL bad roads are like 😂 they make the moon look like a nice, freshly paved road in comparison. Thank god I live in a city where we value the roads more than the rest of the island (with a few exceptions, there is another pueblo that has pretty nice roads as well). 

Then alot of americans need one or two jobs on the side because their main job doesn't pay enough to pay all the  bills, and that's why you see more and more americans living in a car or in a trailerpark.

Another bad metric where we have the Americans beat. In here, even REAL professionals like entry level engineers and people like that get paid either minimum wage (which is only $7.25 an hour here btw) or very close to it. Add to this the fact that everything here is more expensive than america because they imposed a law on us that we can’t use any vessel that isn’t American, so all our goods are marked up. That includes food, tools, materials, petroleum, and everything in between. This in turn makes everything else more expensive; housing, utilities (our electricity is very expensive) restaurants, clothes, you name it. We pay like 30% more at LEAST for motor vehicles than Americans too. A car that’s worth 30 grand in the USA can easily run you 50k+ here. The USA has been milking us out for a VERY long time. Sure we get federal aids and grants and stuff but is it worth it? I dunno, I don’t think it is if you ask me, but this island’s also not ready for independence either. The average Puerto Rican is LAZY and has their head in the clouds. It’s really sad. I wish we could be an independent island but I’m not sure I’ll get to see that in my lifetime. A large portion of the population thinks all our problems would be solved if we became a state, as if things were that simple. Anyway that’s too much of a tangent, I’ll stop there. 

not have to work for a boss because i know what kind of slave drivers they can be.

Again, another area where we have the ‘Muricans beat. If you wanna see mistreated workers (not as bad as Asia, but definitely significantly worse than USA) then come on over to Puerto Rico where you get paid just enough so you can make just enough to pay for rent in a shitty place, food to stay alive and gas so you can keep going to your employer and continue doing them a favor (cuz that’s all you’re really doing at that point). Thank god I stopped working for anyone else years ago, it’s been the best decision I ever made in my life :)  

Now Switserland is THE most perfect country on the planet because the whole country looks like a ideal scale trainset, the wages are high, almost no unemployment, and when you want a dog then you must have two, because the dog needs a companion

Now we’re starting to agree :) You forgot to mention the abundance of hot women they have! They have no shortage of blondes! Although I still think my island has the hottest women on the planet (alongside many zones in Russia, they have amazing facial structures, the ones that look like Mila Kunis and Paulina Andreeva)

On 5/6/2021 at 8:10 PM, Seoulite said:

For those of you who are curious, the FLR IOU on Bitrue topped out at $2.25. On Polo it is at an ATH of 44 cents. The difference is because on Polo you will get 15% on day one and then 3% a month after that. So the Polo price usually hovers roughly around 1/5 of the Bitrue price. 

Anyway on Bitrue I'm expecting a longer correction, probably back to around $1.60. It's getting towards the network launch so we can expect that the chart will begin to 'prepare' for that event. At the moment my rough assumption is that we will see one more ATH before the network launch. Currently assuming that the price will fall on launch. 60 cents is about what I'm expecting, not lower. That could change but that's what I'm expecting for now. My buy orders will be set around 60 cents.

296252059_Screenshot2021-05-06at20_06_08.thumb.png.05a7da214d31b6d443f35e22fa1c076b.png

Not much to say on XRP front. Just waiting. FLR IOU is following the plan nicely. Expecting a rise in the run up to network launch (executed within the next 6-8 weeks) followed by a sharp decline on launch as people sell. The rise will (hopefully / likely) be connected to the XRP rise we are anticipating soon. Charts are syncing up.

46782110_Screenshot2021-05-15at12_48_50.thumb.png.72e428957c2925f5f478db52a1eee40e.png