Molten

Charting the course of XRP

On 8/20/2019 at 8:15 AM, baobeiiiii said:

Hopefully mods or admins will block the IP address this guy is using... since he tried to log into all of our accounts. 

I mentioned it after receiving it in another thread and Karlos said he’s been routinely blocking that persons attempts.  Makes you wonder why they would want to access a XRPChat account.  Every account I’ve heard of targeted so far is a positive-to-xrp account so I’m kinda suspecting a fud attempt.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I mentioned it after receiving it in another thread and Karlos said he’s been routinely blocking that persons attempts.  Makes you wonder why they would want to access a XRPChat account.  Every account I’ve heard of targeted so far is a positive-to-xrp account so I’m kinda suspecting a fud attempt.

Nahhh not everything is a conspiracy,nobody is attacking "positive" xrp bagholders,I also got the same message from the attempted log ins! ... unless I'm secretly a "positive" bagholder hmmm

Edited by Cooliozxrp

3 hours ago, Molten said:

BTC dominance still set to peak around September 20 and then all clear for alt season!

6gTMrlcD

It means BTC would surpass ATH by then. 

Not likely that fast. XRP could pump a little bit, though, because of the imminent SWELL.

10 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

If that guy continues his shenanigans I'll step in and take him out. I'm sick of these guys trying brute force attacks and terrorizing people. That guy is not working alone. It's a group.

2 hours ago, AlejoMoreno said:

If that guy continues his shenanigans I'll step in and take him out. I'm sick of these guys trying brute force attacks and terrorizing people. That guy is not working alone. It's a group.

They should use their powers for good not evil😄

12 minutes ago, Johno said:

They should use their powers for good not evil😄

I've intentionally let people hack into my old spare computer thinking they were scamming me so that I could destroy their computer. ;) I know how to set things straight when I need to.

It's like picking a fight with a "random guy" on the street who turns out to be a professional fighter.

39 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

I've intentionally let people hack into my old spare computer thinking they were scamming me so that I could destroy their computer. ;) I know how to set things straight when I need to.

It's like picking a fight with a "random guy" on the street who turns out to be a professional fighter.

Can you teach me how to do that? I've ALWAYS wanted to......(just kidding, I'm too old to learn, but it sounds like fun.)  I hope you make their sh!t blow up.

1 hour ago, AlejoMoreno said:

what if the hacker is also a professional fighter?

On 8/14/2019 at 2:20 PM, Molten said:

Given today's action, I thought this warranted a new thread since I don't want to keep distracting from the excellent content in @Eric123's thread.

So first some thoughts.  It is funny because I predicted a drop to $0.24-0.26 and still was surprised and a little jolted by the drop.  Probably the suddenness of it that rattled me, which reminds us that we are still playing in a very manipulated market.

Now, what did this drop mean for XRP?  We finally broke a long term support at $0.28, which you could certainly see as a bad thing.  We did find support at a second level, right around $0.24, but this is a much less tested support and thus less significant than the old $0.28 line.  We dropped briefly below it but did fight back up with decent volume, which is something.  Our new support line goes way back oddly enough to almost exactly one year ago. 

Two things can happen here.  The first (and I think more likely) is that we go back down and test again (double bottom), followed by a "relief rally" that should take us back up to $0.30-$0.36.  Oddly enough, if you are a trader, that represents around a 25% return if you have the cajones to make the trade.  The second scenario is that we break down below the $0.24 level with volume and then, I would say, we are in a bit of trouble.  Not a lot of support down below and I think this would really damage the psychology around XRP, possibly crypto in general if the drop is widespread.  I am holding some money ready to deploy here but I'm not buying quite yet.  If it does fall like that, then the doubt of "throwing good money after bad" starts to become a little more prevalent.

That said, and this is the important part, nothing has fundamentally changed with XRP except the price.  It is still the best crypto from a technological standpoint, still the only one with any sort of real adoption, and Ripple is still making good progress on continuing to grow its use case.  If you were unable to see the price, only the news, you'd probably feel pretty good about your investment!

More to come but the chart below depicts our new best friend, the $0.246 line.  One point to note: we are obscenely oversold on 15 min, 4H, daily, whatever time frame you want to look at it.  If rationality wins the day, now is a good time to buy.  I am a bit of a cautious fellow, so I'm going to watch a little bit more, understanding that I may be missing an opportunity to add to my position at an excellent price point.

m51WegBY

It dropped to 0.2250 on bitstamp. What does that mean if 0.24 is a support level?

Posted (edited)
On 8/18/2019 at 5:35 PM, baobeiiiii said:

erer.thumb.jpg.0eb80c37053b3283edae17c483523a62.jpg

Does anyone know a source from where I can download xrpusd short data such as this using an http request and get json or equivalent data back. I'd like to add it to my analysis and plotting tools for my xrp related research. Thanks

Edited by jbjnr
spolling mistike

3 minutes ago, jbjnr said:

Does anyone know a source from where I can download xrpusd short data such as this using an http request and get json or equivalent data back. I'd like to add it to my analysis and plotting tools for my xrp related research. Thanks

I mainly use ccxt. https://github.com/ccxt/ccxt

JS, Python or PHP

Some good code snippets can be found here. https://github.com/ccxt/ccxt/tree/master/examples/py

Supports most exchanges including Bitfinex.

22 minutes ago, Prometheus_Rising said:

I mainly use ccxt. https://github.com/ccxt/ccxt

JS, Python or PHP

Some good code snippets can be found here. https://github.com/ccxt/ccxt/tree/master/examples/py

Supports most exchanges including Bitfinex.

Thanks. I'm aware of the ccxt library (not using it at the moment) - what I'd really like to know is where to get the short data from. Are you saying that bitfinex has short data available?