Charting the course of XRP

4 minutes ago, Triceratops said:

Seems like Binance and CMC are probably manipulating the market again, coingecko still shows 45B and others also... they probably decided to stop counting some XRP holders or exchange like in 2018...

oh yeah maybe. i remember this, CMC removing korean exchange :)

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

30 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

@hsc case in point with xrp: seems like it's going nowhere, then suddenly a 5% spike in 15 minutes. There is very little in the chart to suggest this spike, it just happens. 

3b1y3WAN

A 5% spike is just a very small one. In 2017, keeping the price above 0.25 seemed to be an impossible mission. Then on thay day the price jumped from 0.25 to 0.45 in one hour or two. However, waiting for such kind of spike is very hard. One has to see all other crypto have their days but xrp just stay at the low level. Even the happiness of the spike won't last long. It soon reaches top and starts to drop, only very few people can sell high. It is not easy for people to invest in xrp, even for a long term hodler.

8 minutes ago, MQB said:

If you think XRP is hard to hold, look at OMG. It’s still pumped less than XRP.

I think it is hard to hold. However, I choose to hold it because in my mind this is the only project that has a chance to succeed in reality, though the chance is not big. Thus, for the last several years, I never sold any XRP. 

For omg, I think those holders are just unlucky. Most projects do not have real fundamental. They spike just because people, especially whales, pump them. For some reason, whales haven't chosen to pump omg. 

For xrp, things are a little different. It does have some fundamental. At least much better than most cryptos. But many people hate it and there is a person who owns huge amount of xrp but do not like the project and may want to trash it. For this reason, one of the most promising project are kept at low level. Seeing many meaningless ones flying. That's why I said it was hard even for long term holders.

14 hours ago, Seoulite said:

I'd be hesitant to say what price we would be, but I think it's certain we would be higher than where we are now. However I'm not worried about missing the bullrun.

As for violence, well XRP has always moved like this, periods of inactivity followed by insane sudden movements. In the XRPBTC chart there is a Daily candle of 200% increase! Anyway, as weird as it may sound, each market has its own personality. Forex traders will often have currency pairs that they prefer to trade for this reason. You'll often hear: "I don't like this chart, I don't like the way it moves" and so they will avoid it. If I daytraded crypto I would probably only trade BTC and ETH. I definitely would not daytrade XRP. 

If you are thinking there are some reasons like XRP is weaker/stronger than others or more manipulated or something then you might be right, but there's no way we can know. 

There's definitely major red flags when it comes to the XRP charts in my opinion. XRP never goes up unless a massive Moby Dick buys in bulk. So who's this Moby Dick, is it Ripple themselves? The SEC seem to think so or at least suggest it, although we will probably never know for sure. The whole bullrun from $0.50 does feel artificial to me. But then again I could say the same thing for a couple of other cryptos such as Tron.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, War said:

There's definitely major red flags when it comes to the XRP charts in my opinion. XRP never goes up unless a massive Moby Dick buys in bulk. So who's this Moby Dick, is it Ripple themselves? The SEC seem to think so or at least suggest it, although we will probably never know for sure. The whole bullrun from $0.50 does feel artificial to me. But then again I could say the same thing for a couple of other cryptos such as Tron.

Not sure where you're getting your info. The SEC thinks it has proof Ripple moved the market a smidge back in 2016 when the price was ranging between .006 and .007 USD. So, um, yeah. 

Good luck to you, my misinformed friend. 

Edited by HenrySeldom
1 hour ago, billion said:

lol you gotta be shilling at this point...all I ever see from you is OMG related 

lol, how about DENT, it ran a 60x.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hsc said:

I think it is hard to hold. However, I choose to hold it because in my mind this is the only project that has a chance to succeed in reality, though the chance is not big. Thus, for the last several years, I never sold any XRP. 

For omg, I think those holders are just unlucky. Most projects do not have real fundamental. They spike just because people, especially whales, pump them. For some reason, whales haven't chosen to pump omg. 

For xrp, things are a little different. It does have some fundamental. At least much better than most cryptos. But many people hate it and there is a person who owns huge amount of xrp but do not like the project and may want to trash it. For this reason, one of the most promising project are kept at low level. Seeing many meaningless ones flying. That's why I said it was hard even for long term holders.

Tell me one coin pump is not artificial, btc included. Did xrp pump because it creates real value so far? You xrp moonbois are laughable.

:curtsey:

Edited by MQB

Don't mind me, just another of my thinking out loud posts whilst trying to get to grips with EW ideas. 

I haven't used fibs to target prices but this is a rough idea of how things could play out. Also ignore the time frames. Might move quicker might move slower. 

Screenshot_20210507_191844_com.tradingview.tradingviewapp.jpg

2 minutes ago, BluKoo said:

Don't mind me, just another of my thinking out loud posts whilst trying to get to grips with EW ideas. 

I haven't used fibs to target prices but this is a rough idea of how things could play out. Also ignore the time frames. Might move quicker might move slower. 

Screenshot_20210507_191844_com.tradingview.tradingviewapp.jpg

I would think once it went over 2 dollars  it would climb to try for a new ATH, followed by a retracement  to find support as you suggest, after that alt season proper begins.  We have nearly cracked it in the last few days.