Molten

Charting the course of XRP

1 minute ago, Archbob said:

Its a Korean Pump. Upbit was shooting up the charts for a while and KRW/XRP is really high on fiatleak. The last few big movements were all at night during Asian trading hours.

It's not night here in Korea. It's just gone 6pm. Not sure what the movement was or why. Maybe whales are starting to think it's time to go. 

Just now, Seoulite said:

It's not night here in Korea. It's just gone 6pm. Not sure what the movement was or why. Maybe whales are starting to think it's time to go. 

Its most likely coordinated buys, Upbit and BitBank were the two exchanges that shot the price up in May as well. Asian traders may be pumping the next few weeks for the annual pre-swell run up.

10 minutes ago, Archbob said:

Its most likely coordinated buys, Upbit and BitBank were the two exchanges that shot the price up in May as well. Asian traders may be pumping the next few weeks for the annual pre-swell run up.

Yes I think it is coordinated. Of course there are whales here too looking to move the market. I doubt we will see 2017 levels of hysteria among normal people here unless we go back to 1 or 2 dollars. But whales will still move it for sure. 

1 hour ago, rippletotheend said:

Scammer or not he definitely has some skills reading charts. His accuracy over the last few weeks has been better than anybody else I’ve come across.

As long as you don’t give him any money and take all of his his wild press release/ acquisition predictions with a pinch of salt then he’s worth following.

As a previous poster has said his reading of the Fib charts is quite impressive and can work out well for the short term day trades/ accumulation strategy.

Yer, Not a fan of his hype crap about back to school and him getting the MG kind of right but his predictions over the last few weeks have pretty much on the money

16 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

30 cents seems like a pretty big resistance. I can't see the order books but looking at the chart I am guessing there are huge sell walls around 30 cents. Hopefully we will break up above it and then it's party time. 

I think Molten places the big resistance at .32 - .325 after which it is party time

Last year we had a pre Swell rise to .70 on speculation that XRapid would be launched (which pretty much happened).  Not sure if there is one item like the launch of XRapid to celebrate this year, unless a bunch of big banks announce commencing XRapid usage (which is unlikely since adoption is more evolution along a bumpy road than switching a switch).

Just now, Julian_Williams said:

I think Molten places the big resistance at .32 - .325 after which it is party time

Last year we had a pre Swell rise to .70 on speculation that XRapid would be launched (which pretty much happened).  Not sure if there is one item like the launch of XRapid to celebrate this year, unless a bunch of big banks announce commencing XRapid usage (which is unlikely since adoption is more evolution along a bumpy road than switching a switch).

Right I think TA wise I respect what he says, I just mean looking at the chart here and the amount of volume that was held at 30, I would guess there are walls there for now. 

I'm not a big believer in fundamental moves, especially at this early stage in the market. I think it is whales who still decide when it is go time and they use 'events' like Swell to drag in the small fish. If the whales think it's time to go then it will be time to go. 

3 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

unless a bunch of big banks announce commencing XRapid usage

If even one big bank said they were about to use XRP then I think there would be lots of fomo.  It would be crossing a Rubicon and enough media would know that and talk about it,  so there would be a giant spike in Google trends for Ripple and XRP.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 1-m&q=Xrp,Ripple

If you see a spike in that trend data then it is very likely that there will be an imminent rise in XRP price.  It has preceded all our big rises in the past.  And to be honest...   I kind of expect exactly such an announcement.  Most times I’m wrong though...   time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Uloveme said:

image.png.a4f71f23ff836d65ea7d1da3de5563ec.png

Compared to the winter of 2017-2018 we are at rock bottom in terms of popularity/hype.

A chart like that is skewed by the massive interesting in winter 2017-2018. It would be more informative to see where we are say starting from early 2019, or 12 months ago.