Charting the course of XRP

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

29 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

@at3n- Please reference the page at link below. 
GateHub support TWO types of XRP "wallets" - native XRPL wallets and Hosted wallets.

So the question is, which one do you have ?
( because if it's a native XRPL "wallet," then you must set your message key (see web page below).

Good luck !

https://gatehub.net/blog/flare-network-faq/

Yes, what I describe is for native XRPL wallets, if you use the "simplified" method that Gatehub have built into their UI. If you click the button in Gatehub to claim Spark, then they set your message key to point to a Flare wallet not under your control, and you will receive IOUs later.

Of course, you can use your secret key with other wallet software to set the message key to whatever you like, and in that case you will not end up with Gatehub IOUs in your wallet.

Either way, you do need to take action to claim Spark in Gatehub XRPL wallets.

For hosted Gatehub wallets I'm not sure how it will work, but I believe that it will be fully automatic.

Edited by at3n
37 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

@at3n- Please reference the page at link below. 
GateHub support TWO types of XRP "wallets" - native XRPL wallets and Hosted wallets.

So the question is, which one do you have ?
( because if it's a native XRPL "wallet," then you must set your message key (see web page below).

Good luck !

https://gatehub.net/blog/flare-network-faq/

This is how it looks like on gathub

xrp gate.jpg

While we’re on the topic of claiming Spark tokens, I just wanna reiterate the question for myself and others who may be in the same boat. If I held XRP in Coinbase and Bitstamp at the time of the snapshot, there are no additional steps I need to follow other than just having had them in the exchange at the time the snapshot was taken, correct? The exchanges claim the Sparkies for me? 

9 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

While we’re on the topic of claiming Spark tokens, I just wanna reiterate the question for myself and others who may be in the same boat. If I held XRP in Coinbase and Bitstamp at the time of the snapshot, there are no additional steps I need to follow other than just having had them in the exchange at the time the snapshot was taken, correct? The exchanges claim the Sparkies for me? 

That's my understanding, yes. 

18 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

I've heard about some exchanges requiring some other steps but that was a little while ago and there's lots of wrong information on this topic. I would do a thorough search for 'coinbase' and 'flare airdrop' just to see if there are any more recent announcements. If you need to do something then the exchange should contact you but this is a crypto exchange we are talking about so anyway they can try to screw you they will.

But yes, the exchange should create a nice little Flare wallet for you and slip some cheddar in there every month. 

Edited by Seoulite

I can't speak for particular exchanges, but the general flowchart is.

1. Do I have the keys to the wallet?

If yes, you have to set the memo to the address you want to receive at (lookup the Flare FAQ on this site). If no, go to question 2.

2. Is the exchange who hosts your wallet participating in the airdrop?

If yes, contact them to see what, if anything, you have to do to receive the airdrop. If no, you're SOL.

My address is set and I have the empty corresponding ETH wallet set via my ledger s.

Nothing will go into that wallet, but a copied Flare wallet will be created and I'll just have to wait until Ledger gives us a way to access it?

Am I understanding this?

3 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

My address is set and I have the empty corresponding ETH wallet set via my ledger s.

Nothing will go into that wallet, but a copied Flare wallet will be created and I'll just have to wait until Ledger gives us a way to access it?

Am I understanding this?

Your FLR will be on the Flare chain linked to your private key. There will be a browser based Flare wallet similar to something like metamask or avalanche where you will be able to access your funds. This is what I am expecting. Or ledger might be working on integrated Flare immediately. I'm not expecting that. Anyway I would be very surprised if you just had to 'wait around' for Ledger to do something. I'm confident you will be able to access your FLR from day one. 

15 hours ago, madmellow said:

As there will be billions and billions of tokens i thin a price of 10cents will be realistic. Somethin around that

Flare is currently trading over $2.20 on Bitrue. I’m curious how you explain why everyone isn’t selling right now, since we are 22x higher than a “realistic” price?