Charting the course of XRP

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

1 hour ago, BluKoo said:

Right now I'm thinking a drop to about 1.15,a small bounce up to around 1.27 before the last leg down to 1 dollar. 

The past few days i see a patern where the next high and low is lower than the previous one, so for today i say your prediction

is the same as mine, except that it will take about 3-5 days before xrp drops under/around a dollar.

12 minutes ago, retep said:

The past few days i see a patern where the next high and low is lower than the previous one, so for today i say your prediction

is the same as mine, except that it will take about 3-5 days before xrp drops under/around a dollar.

Yeah these moves are taking longer to get to. The dance between the drops is slow, but the drop itself is no slouch. 

8 minutes ago, retep said:

This only works until it stops working.  IE XRP reaches a resistance level from which it relaunches. 

It is interesting to see how many posts there now are about exiting at 2- 5 dollars or less, whilst a few days ago there were so many posts about not exiting before we hit much higher figures.   It is better to sell lower if the money means a lot, and it is going to be stressful to hold the dips.  Dips are always going to hit even in a bull market, some of them being quite substantial.  This seems to be what has happened these last few days.

Where the top of the market is will in many ways be a matter of chance.  BTC dropping at the wrong moment can change an alt coin from being in a bull market mode into a bear market mode, and the change might become permanent.  So people who are very sensitive about losing money need to place the exit points lower and have more risk adverse strategies. 

Personally I do not regard this dip as very significant, even if it drops to 90cents..but yes it is always possible that I missed the top.  I am not stressed and if this is the case I will buckle under and wait another 18 months for the next bull wave.  My first exit point is between 5 - 10 dollars, and I am aiming to exit most at above 10 dollars, but my exit point will not be pre-determined, they will be responses to how I feel of the market sentiment stands.. 

I dont believe there's enough traction for XRP to warrant 10 usd even with positive news from the lawsuit. 

Nonetheless, we are seeing a subtle recovery now and we should continue to consolidate around these levels for a few days. I think you're seeing funds of BTC holders that were caught with their trousers down trickling to other alts.

10 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Personally I do not regard this dip as very significant, even if it drops to 90cents..but yes it is always possible that I missed the top.  I am not stressed and if this is the case I will buckle under and wait another 18 months for the next bull wave.  My first exit point is between 5 - 10 dollars, and I am aiming to exit most at above 10 dollars, but my exit point will not be pre-determined, they will be responses to how I feel of the market sentiment stands.. 

I would go a step further. Right now, and for the past few months, XRP has been in a unique situation because of the lawsuit against Ripple. Yes, there are periods where it goes up and down with the rest of the market, but there are triggers for XRP outside of the general bullishness/bearishness of crypto. 

You think XRP will benefit from Ripple winning the lawsuit, and that there is a good chance of winning. You have accepted the risk vs. reward. Then these drops don't matter. It doesn't matter even if XRP goes down to 80 cents or 50 cents. You're in until you see this through. Your strategy isn't dependent on "timing it". You're looking at a long time horizon. Because if the lawsuit goes the way you hope it does, XRP is the only top crypto that doesn't have geopolitical risk, gets regulatory clarity, has a large company with a global presence building on it, very limited energy footprint, proven reliability, and highly liquid. It'll come straight back up. 

-OR-

You're not particularly attached to XRP. If that's the case, frankly, the best approach is to trade other coins and time the market based on TA. In any other bull/bear cycle, XRP should just be treated just like any other top 10 crypto. Not now. Not until this lawsuit goes one way or another.

4 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

This only works until it stops working.  IE XRP reaches a resistance level from which it relaunches. 

It is interesting to see how many posts there now are about exiting at 2- 5 dollars or less, whilst a few days ago there were so many posts about not exiting before we hit much higher figures.   It is better to sell lower if the money means a lot, and it is going to be stressful to hold the dips.  Dips are always going to hit even in a bull market, some of them being quite substantial.  This seems to be what has happened these last few days.

Where the top of the market is will in many ways be a matter of chance.  BTC dropping at the wrong moment can change an alt coin from being in a bull market mode into a bear market mode, and the change might become permanent.  So people who are very sensitive about losing money need to place the exit points lower and have more risk adverse strategies. 

Sure that patern won't be the same forever but when i look at the charts from the past 3 years, then that patern always comes back after every bull run.

So we will see more little ups and downs, but in a downward trend. I don't think that we will see low prices of 30ct anymore, but 70-90ct will be the new bottom,

and that is where we are going right now, so when someone expects the prices going up, then they are wrong because the bull run of the past week and a half

is over and it's all going down from here on.

15 minutes ago, retep said:

Sure that patern won't be the same forever but when i look at the charts from the past 3 years, then that patern always comes back after every bull run.

So we will see more little ups and downs, but in a downward trend. I don't think that we will see low prices of 30ct anymore, but 70-90ct will be the new bottom,

and that is where we are going right now, so when someone expects the prices going up, then they are wrong because the bull run of the past week and a half

Have you sold everything now that you are so sure that we're going down to 70 cents??

24 minutes ago, retep said:

OK, I did not read you correctly.  you think the top has passed and this is more than just a correction and that we are back to the beginning of a new long consolidation period, not dissimilar from where we were in Feb 2018.  That seems very pessimistic, but you might be right.  If you believe that you should sell everything now and buy back in a years time when the prices are rock bottom (you estimate somewhere around 90 cents) and have consolidated for the next bull wave. 

Personally I see little similarity between now and 2018.  I think XRP will do a Doge coin before the end of this current bull cycle.  Not financial advice and yes I admit I might be over optimistic and wrong.   I think XRP might hit 90 cents again (I do not make that sort of micro prediction), but if it did it would probably bounce hard an shoot up pretty fast to 2 dollars plus.

Edited by Julian_Williams
30 minutes ago, retep said:

Seems like an arbitrary reading of the charts. I encourage you to zoom in on XRP's price action from Jan 2017 through Dec 2017. There were a number of waves up followed by consolidation periods. 

Again, the way you're reading things seems to be a recipe for a massive mistake.

Accumulate and hold is the only way forward, my friend.

You will not outsmart this market.

54 minutes ago, retep said:

Hey, my man,

I know you’ve been holding at the 80cent mark for years and it grips your shit to see your profits slowly bleed out. Maybe you should think of putting what you have in tether and see how the market does in the next few week, if it turns to shit you made a good choice and if it goes up you can always jump back in, probably be with less units at the end of the day but stops you being pissed at yourself for not doing anything if it keeps dropping 👍

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

OK, I did not read you correctly.  you think the top has passed and this is more than just a correction and that we are back to the beginning of a new long consolidation period, not dissimilar from where we were in Feb 2018.  That seems very pessimistic, but you might be right.  If you believe that you should sell everything now and buy back in a years time when the prices are rock bottom (you estimate somewhere around 90 cents) and have consolidated for the next bull wave. 

Personally I see little similarity between now and 2018.  I think XRP will do a Doge coin before the end of this current bull cycle.  Not financial advice and yes I admit I might be over optimistic and wrong.   I think XRP might hit 90 cents again (I do not make that sort of micro prediction), but if it did it would probably bounce hard an shoot up pretty fast to 2 dollars plus.

Well let's hope that xrp does a doge before the end of this cycle, but i don't see any sign that it might go that way.