Charting the course of XRP

8 hours ago, pointbreak said:

Novogratz is far from a Maxi, he has significant investment in allot of shit coin projects. His commentary is fair IMO; there has been good signs in the court case to date, which can explain the surge as a win being priced in, but this case may drag on for a long time to come.

If you are over reacting to a fairly astute player in this field (that is invested in Ripple) being critical of the price movement, you are likely to personally invested. I would guess that he is more economic interest that anyone on this forum with Ripple + XRP being successful, that does not mean he cant hold views on the market being over heated.

I completely disagree here. Novogratz has never stated anything positive in relation to XRP. Not once. He has stated that he "does not understand it". Who is he misleading? He is a wealthy and astute investor as you say with a worth in the billions and a platform that reaches millions. 

To say that his commentary is fair when he deliberately or intentionally can manipulate market sentiment when saying that he doesn't understand why tokens like doge and XRP are climbing is disingenuous at best. He knows what he is doing. 

And for the record, he also says for people to look at Genslers videos online which suggest ETH is not a security. Maybe he should revisit the videos himself, being as astute as he is. Gensler clearly states ETH could also be a security in one of them. 

Also, here comes the kicker my friend - being born into privilege doesn't give you a pass at being disingenuous or ignorant to the facts. 

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

There are actually several lawyers in the crypto space who have analysed the case extremely closely explaining how the case will likely play out. Given that these lawyers are either BTC or ETH maxis a

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

15 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Congrats, if it gets to 100k you will almost be up 2x! Hope you put more than $50 in because it's gonna cost you that much to send it anywhere.

Screenshot 2021-04-18 at 23.07.08.png

Been holding since 2016. My cash out horizon won't even begin until 2025 or so. Talk to me then. 

Edited by HenrySeldom
1 hour ago, w1s said:

My shit country can’t see what I have on bitstamp. So I really don’t care. Nor will I pay tax, nor do I have anything on my name. Can’t take anything if I don’t own it. I would LOVE to pay tax. But here even the DOCTORS steal money (they log in to work, but they are at home). And noone is in jail. Total shit country. So **** them. Tax is mine. 

Someone has your coins on his/her name, and there will come a day that you want to cash out and then you have alot of money

but you can't buy a home or a new car with it because the irs would really want to know where you got that money from.

And then the one who got your crypto's in his/her name, will get the irs on his/her back aswell because they sure want to know

what he/she did with the money (they don't have but you!) and then he/she/you will have to pay taxes anyway

Now as long i keep my cryptos on my wallet, then i pay 1% per year, and as soon i swap them for fiat, then i have to pay more taxes

but i don't care then because then it's official earned and then i can buy whatever i want without have to worry about the irs.

Now when you have only some change for the parking meter in cryptos, then you don't have to worry that much, but when you

have thousants of dollars in it, then you are just stuppid imo. But hey, it's your life so do whatever you like.  

5 minutes ago, retep said:

Someone has your coins on his/her name, and there will come a day that you want to cash out and then you have alot of money

but you can't buy a home or a new car with it because the irs would really want to know where you got that money from.

And then the one who got your crypto's in his/her name, will get the irs on his/her back aswell because they sure want to know

what he/she did with the money (they don't have but you!) and then he/she/you will have to pay taxes anyway

Now as long i keep my cryptos on my wallet, then i pay 1% per year, and as soon i swap them for fiat, then i have to pay more taxes

but i don't care then because then it's official earned and then i can buy whatever i want without have to worry about the irs.

Now when you have only some change for the parking meter in cryptos, then you don't have to worry that much, but when you

have thousants of dollars in it, then you are just stuppid imo. But hey, it's your life so do whatever you like.  

If there is one day I want to cash out, I am thinking if crypto credit card is a good solution.

I can just store my crypto in stable coin, use my credit card to deduct crypto when I want to use it in the real world.

Theoretically I can buy a lambo with my crypto card and no transaction will be shown on my bank statement.

3 hours ago, Seoulite said:

Reasons I think the BTC bull run might be over:

1. We are way, way above the previous ATH. Anyone buying BTC right now is buying at a premium. Smart money doesn't buy at the top. It is only a matter of time before they sell.

2. Each break above a new high has been getting shorter before pulling back. This is not the sign of an energetic bull.

3. BTC spent two weeks getting above 60k, and when it finally did the first thing it does is fall right back down. If the chart breaks above a level it should at least consolidate in that new range before moving on. Instead, BTC is right back in the range it spent the last few weeks in. 

4. People talk about market cycles. Any cycle in BTC has happened like 2 or 3 times? This is hardly an ironclad law of the market. Get back to me when BTC has followed that pattern for a hundred years. There is nothing magic about drawing a fib on the chart and saying 'this is the target'. 

5. Thanks to Doge, the idea that crypto is just fake internet money is back in people's minds. Sooner or later people are going to expect crypto projects to actually, you know, do something. Maybe that is happening as we speak?

I don't think XRP is done. I don't think alts are done. But maybe BTC is done for now. Either a long decline or going sideways for a long time. I think the era of new highs every week is over for now on BTC. 

You spend too much on your reckoning, my friend

31 minutes ago, jockeyng said:

If there is one day I want to cash out, I am thinking if crypto credit card is a good solution.

I can just store my crypto in stable coin, use my credit card to deduct crypto when I want to use it in the real world.

Theoretically I can buy a lambo with my crypto card and no transaction will be shown on my bank statement.

Why would you make your life misserable by trying to hide your money from the irs? Hell, i would jump a hole in the roof

when i would have to pay tens of thousants or even hundreds of thousants of dollars in taxes, because that would mean

that i'm rich and then i don't care whatever i have to pay because there will be enough money left to lead the life

of the rich and shameless.

When you take some jobs that pay you under the bar then that is just peanuts that you can use as spending money on a holiday

so the irs will never know because that money evaporates into oblivion, but buying cars, boats, jetski's and all that 

expensive shit is not an option because when the irs would pay you a visit then you can't hide all that stuff under your bed

and then you're screwed, so it's not worth it imo.

Edited by retep
30 minutes ago, jockeyng said:

Anything digital is traceable, no matter how you try and move funds, a footprint is left. Why not just pay the tax knowing you’ll never get a knock on the door asking for the money you owe. 

47 minutes ago, jockeyng said:

Your country tax agency will request information about all its residents, your lambo will be in it.

Theoretically years later they knock your door and this is will be life changing.

4 minutes ago, w1s said:

I guess you're stupid if you don't buy a house with crypto? I send crypto, he signs the house to me. Wow pay your taxes. And stop calling people names jebem ti mater da ti jebem.

Dude, i did looked up what this "jebem ti mater da ti jebem" means, and i hope you get a perma ban for it!