Charting the course of XRP

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was participating undercover :).  The trolls became too overwhelming while XRP was in the dumps, I figure its safe to come out again.

These threads are being derailed by childish banter, could you please keep things on topic and move your chit chat elsewhere. The forum is becoming less interesting for many of us.

Happy Monthly candle close everyone!  XRPBTC closed above 2555 which was my bullish level. This is a great sign. I think it is now reasonable to expect the next monthly candle to be either a 50% i

24 minutes ago, Cambridge said:

What novogratz is afraid of is that XRP will get cleared and then explode and unseat Bitcoin and Ethereum. Once it happens, because it will happen, why use bitcoin? Since fiat isn't going away, XRP gaining dominance will leave bitcoin behind. Who is going to use it? It's slow, expensive and not environmentally friendly.

While I do agree that there is much better tech than BTC now, I don’t think it’s just going to go away because of it. After all, it was “the first”. It’s symbolic, it represents the creation, appearance and revolution of blockchain and cryptocurrency usage/adoption. If anything I see them working on BTC to try and make it better, kind of like what they’re doing with Ethereum. I just don’t see it going away just because it’s slow and expensive. Gold isn’t the best conductor there is, it also isn’t the cheapest or easiest to mine. It’s not the most corrosion resistant either, yet it keeps being among the top in value. 

Idk, I just think that even if it’s not the best, it will always at least have a very strong symbolic power behind it. We humans are a very emotional species, not always acting logically. 

1 hour ago, Seoulite said:

Btc needs to stop somewhere around here or it could legitimately be the end of the bull run. XRP support is all the way down to 1.35. Below that and we are looking at 1.10

BTC goes 10% down from new ATH and you ominously call for THE END 

Drama show.

1 hour ago, MQB said:

You're going from one extreme to another

Never forget the first mover advantage and what coin is storing the most capital and what moves the market.

Think about gold silver platinum and other rare metals.

I don't disagree with you. I do not think bitcoin is going away. I do believe BTC is overblown though. After the dust settles, if the tech doesn't improve, there will be incumbents to challenge its position. 

My point is that this idea that bitcoin will be used daily for payments is absurd. Bitcoin is not going to replace sovereign currencies because it's too slow, expensive, environmentally unfriendly, and volatile. 

But, retail options and new businesses where I can send, trade, purchase, sell within different currencies where bridge assets are the link expanding the IOV, is what will drive mass adoption. Bitcoin isn't going away. I never thought that. It's just not going to be what some think it will be in my opinion. 

49 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

While I do agree that there is much better tech than BTC now, I don’t think it’s just going to go away because of it. After all, it was “the first”. It’s symbolic, it represents the creation, appearance and revolution of blockchain and cryptocurrency usage/adoption. If anything I see them working on BTC to try and make it better, kind of like what they’re doing with Ethereum. I just don’t see it going away just because it’s slow and expensive. Gold isn’t the best conductor there is, it also isn’t the cheapest or easiest to mine. It’s not the most corrosion resistant either, yet it keeps being among the top in value. 

Idk, I just think that even if it’s not the best, it will always at least have a very strong symbolic power behind it. We humans are a very emotional species, not always acting logically. 

I agree. Please see my response to @MQB

1 minute ago, Neurotoxin said:

Yes, I just read it :) 

Hope you all are doing well. I've been laying low from the forum, but I am happy to see XRP north of a dollar. Looking forward to the future and glad I held.  Best of luck to you all and may greener days be upon us. Good night folks.