Charting the course of XRP

Just now, Milly238 said:

What’s your 6-12 month thoughts?

I don't know. I expect us to touch the ATH at some point, that's as far as my expectations go. Whether that's next week or in a year's time, I don't know. If it looks like we are not going to make it to the high I will change my plans, but so far we are looking OK. I will then make my plans depending on what we do when we get to the high. As I've said, I intend to start taking some profit around $3, partially because I want to lock in some gains and partially to hedge against the possibility that we just touch the high and turn. 

Honestly I shift between strong bullishness and fear. However, I think it's reasonable to say that the SEC case is looking good for Ripple. I don't think that's a bias of the people here; I think even outsiders would acknowledge that. If this case is resolved in a way favourable to Ripple (or at least not devastating to Ripple) then I expect a price spike. I also expect a price spike when exchanges relist. I expect the case to be done before the end of this year. 

Having said that, there is always the possibility that this thing is a massive bubble, and we are headed for a crash. I don't know. We have to see what the price does. So far, the monthly chart looks great. The weekly chart is looking OK, but I will be happier if/when we go through $2. 

As for things like expecting $5 or $10, I don't. I don't allow myself to daydream too much about that. Of course I would love it, but I don't allow myself to consider it a serious possibility. Money aside, do I think it's possible? Yes. I think a $5 XRP is very possible, even $10. More than that I have trouble imagining just because at some point you hit limits like the amount of sheer wealth in the world, or the amount of possible value that can be created in a reasonable timeframe. 

However, I also don't expect 20 cents again. I think a dollar is the new floor. We have broken into a new range and we are moving well within it. I don't see a reason for us to go back to those levels unless there is a catastrophe for Ripple, XRP, or crypto in general.

I haven't even mentioned Flare, which I am very bullish on. I think everyone who is receiving the airdrop should be excited. The FLR IOU price movement has been pretty shocking. I have been accumulating from relatively early, and managed to make some decent gains because I never imagined it would go this high this early. I think Flare will be big for XRP, but also I think Flare will just be big itself. Mix LINK, ETH, and XRP and you get Flare. And they aren't letting the thing go below a dollar before the network is even live! Either this is a savage pump and dump which will burn a lot of people or Flare is going to debut as a top 20 coin from day one. Unprecedented.

This was a long ramble so I'll do a TLDR:

6 months from now: I expect the SEC case to be resolved one way or the other, high expectation is we are above the ATH, low expectation is we are bouncing around a dollar, not lower. I think a dollar is a new floor.

12 months from now: The SEC case will definitely be resolved one way or the other. The crypto market has likely cooled off significantly. If SEC is anything but disastrous for Ripple then I think XRP is a higher price than now.

27 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

I don't know. I expect us to touch the ATH at some point, that's as far as my expectations go. Whether that's next week or in a year's time, I don't know. If it looks like we are not going to make it to the high I will change my plans, but so far we are looking OK. I will then make my plans depending on what we do when we get to the high. As I've said, I intend to start taking some profit around $3, partially because I want to lock in some gains and partially to hedge against the possibility that we just touch the high and turn. 

Honestly I shift between strong bullishness and fear. However, I think it's reasonable to say that the SEC case is looking good for Ripple. I don't think that's a bias of the people here; I think even outsiders would acknowledge that. If this case is resolved in a way favourable to Ripple (or at least not devastating to Ripple) then I expect a price spike. I also expect a price spike when exchanges relist. I expect the case to be done before the end of this year. 

Having said that, there is always the possibility that this thing is a massive bubble, and we are headed for a crash. I don't know. We have to see what the price does. So far, the monthly chart looks great. The weekly chart is looking OK, but I will be happier if/when we go through $2. 

As for things like expecting $5 or $10, I don't. I don't allow myself to daydream too much about that. Of course I would love it, but I don't allow myself to consider it a serious possibility. Money aside, do I think it's possible? Yes. I think a $5 XRP is very possible, even $10. More than that I have trouble imagining just because at some point you hit limits like the amount of sheer wealth in the world, or the amount of possible value that can be created in a reasonable timeframe. 

However, I also don't expect 20 cents again. I think a dollar is the new floor. We have broken into a new range and we are moving well within it. I don't see a reason for us to go back to those levels unless there is a catastrophe for Ripple, XRP, or crypto in general.

I haven't even mentioned Flare, which I am very bullish on. I think everyone who is receiving the airdrop should be excited. The FLR IOU price movement has been pretty shocking. I have been accumulating from relatively early, and managed to make some decent gains because I never imagined it would go this high this early. I think Flare will be big for XRP, but also I think Flare will just be big itself. Mix LINK, ETH, and XRP and you get Flare. And they aren't letting the thing go below a dollar before the network is even live! Either this is a savage pump and dump which will burn a lot of people or Flare is going to debut as a top 20 coin from day one. Unprecedented.

6 months from now: I expect the SEC case to be resolved one way or the other, high expectation is we are above the ATH, low expectation is we are bouncing around a dollar, not lower. I think a dollar is a new floor.

12 months from now: The SEC case will definitely be resolved one way or the other. The crypto market has likely cooled off significantly. If SEC is anything but disastrous for Ripple then I think XRP is a higher price than now.

I will never understand people like this guy who make plans ahead of time at which price they intend to sell, instead of just looking at how far into the market cycle you are. If you're nearing the end of the bullmarket then look into selling, if you're barely halfway in then don't sell. It's not exactly rocket science.

39 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Excellent summary.

It is very unwise to predict how high prices will reach or when because both are dependent on too many variables, and each variable can have a dramatic effect on timing and valuation.  So it just not worth trying to guess.  We can dream in private. 

That said I think crypto is moving into a new phase, from early innovation to proof of concept and very early adoption.  My prediction is that during the early adoption (which is perhaps beginning) a lot more money will come into the space, and in the adoption phase a huge wall of money will arrive that will make the present vols look like nothing.  The roll out of crypto will happen over decades and in the end most money will be held in digital currencies/tokens.

How well  will XRP do?  I think it is already the front runner in DA cross border payments and it will not be knocked out of this market.   Even a small slice of this market will be huge for the value of XRP.

If I was a young parent putting some money down for my children's university education/ my pensions in 10 years time - I would put it all into a basket of digital currencies that have utility (definitely not in Doge coin) NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 minutes ago, War said:

I will never understand people like this guy who make plans ahead of time at which price they intend to sell, instead of just looking at how far into the market cycle you are. If you're nearing the end of the bullmarket then look into selling, if you're barely halfway in then don't sell. It's not exactly rocket science.

Are you kidding? Get rekt then. 

4 minutes ago, War said:

Sounds like just about the worst strategy possible. Good luck with that. 

3 minutes ago, War said:

Having predetermined profit targets is basic trading. Having a plan beforehand is useful for when you get the high prices; it keeps your head screwed on while there are looney tunes dollar-signs spinning in your eyes.

6 minutes ago, War said:

His plans seem pretty flexible to me.  Take out some money when it reaches a new ATH and then more at intervals when he feels it is right (IE when he feels the bubble has expanded to a level where it might unexpectedly burst)