Charting the course of XRP

25 minutes ago, XrpWave said:

I feel like the XRP-value is set to pause.

Nothing will happen until the SEC court decision.

How long will this take: months, years?

Starting to have enough of this waiting.

it is , I'm waiting for tomorrow.

I already switched a % to other coins yesterday , may switch the other % left tomorrow if the price not moving up a little or if I don't see any positive sign

12 minutes ago, Baka said:

it is , I'm waiting for tomorrow.

I already switched a % to other coins yesterday , may switch the other % left tomorrow if the price not moving up a little or if I don't see any positive sign

I am 99.99% sure absolutely nothing will happen tomorrow. If anything there will be a small dump close to the deadline. Just look at the price action on the 8th when Bitstamp stopped XRP trading in the US. It is a non-event. What will happen is that the selling pressure will slightly reduce which will allow the price to pump more easily, but I don't think it will be noticeable before February-March.

1 hour ago, XrpWave said:

I feel like the XRP-value is set to pause.

Nothing will happen until the SEC court decision.

How long will this take: months, years?

Starting to have enough of this waiting.

Support is very firm sitting quite a lot above the  three year lows of some months ago.  I was watching a video yesterday by the guy who called the .305 boom in mid December very accurately, he was suggesting this is "a bullish consolidation pattern" following an over zealous (due to SEC) "correction".  It should work up to main resistance at .37 and then burst to .60 very quickly after that.

XRP is worth holding and buying at these levels, but whilst it is consolidating other coins will move up faster.  So it is a hard estimate to decide what proportion of XRP are worth holding.  You could get off the train and return at .37

Edited by Julian_Williams

14 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Support is very firm sitting quite a lot above the  three year lows of some months ago.  I was watching a video yesterday by teh guy who called the .305 boom in mid December very accurately, he was suggesting this is "a bullish consolidation pattern" following an over zealous (due to SEC) "correction".  It should work up to main resistance at .37 and then burst to .60 very quickly after that.

XRP is worth holding and buying at these levels, but whilst it is consolidating other coins will move up faster.  So it is a hard estimate to decide what proportion of XRP are worth holding.  You could get off the train and return at .37

Yes. My eyes are 100% on FLR and I am thinking on how to increase my exposure to that. I will sell all my XLM to buy FLR as soon as the network is up. I am keeping my XRP as even if XRP goes down, I can use them to stake them and earn FLR which I want to become my primary holding. I may swap a portion for FLR though, we'll see. The passive FLR income and the chance of an XRP moonshot is what I value in XRP right now. FLR hedges, to an extent, the risk of an XRP slow bleed.

This sounds more reasonable to me than swapping XRP for LTC, which I have absolutely no confidence in.

One more month of painful XRP holding before I can take my next steps. It is going to be a difficult and nerve-wracking few weeks of hodl.

Edited by Troote

4 minutes ago, Troote said:

Yes. My eyes are 100% on FLR and I am thinking on how to increase my exposure to that. I will sell my XLM to buy FLR as soon as the network is up. I am keeping my XRP as even if XRP goes down, I can use them to stake them and earn FLR which I want to become my primary holding. The passive FLR income and the chance of an XRP moonshot is what I value in XRP right now. FLR hedges, to an extent, the risk of an XRP slow bleed.

This sounds more reasonable to me than swapping XRP for LTC, which I have absolutely no confidence in.

That sounds like a sensible/intersting plan.  Am I right in thinking that When you make FXRP you have to hold 2 flare for each XRP  And that the two tokens are then locked together until you unlock them, and so cannot be sold as separate entities?. ..but can be sold as an FXRP.  Will there be a market for FXRP?

I suppose our hope is that FLR will be at the centre of a flywheel..hopefully a multi-token flywheel mostly dominated by XRP tokens.

4 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

That sounds like a sensible/intersting plan.  Am I right in thinking that When you make FXRP you have to hold 2 flare for each XRP  And that the two tokens are then locked together until you unlock them, and so cannot be sold as separate entities?. ..but can be sold as an FXRP.  Will there be a market for FXRP?

I suppose our hope is that FLR will be at the centre of a flywheel..hopefully a multi-token flywheel mostly dominated by XRP tokens.

I don't know. Lots of unknowns at this stage and it is all complicated for a simpleton like me. But I like the doors FLR opens. If FLR is truly poised to take over ETH, I want the biggest possible chunk of that pie and my oversized XRP pile can help.

Edited by Troote

6 hours ago, xrp-nuke said:

Wassup tomorrow? US cant dumo rest world resume pump?

What you mean US can't dump ? 

Because coinbase is halting trading ?

There are other exchanges where people can't dump it , like JED did today