Charting the course of XRP

1 minute ago, Troote said:

Interesting. That would explain the small XRP dip. I wonder if people still want the SEC lawsuit to be settled... for that outcome...

Would this be the outcome, I just wonder if, as non US citizen, I'd also have any chance to get money back. Considering that everywhere, but in the USA, xrp is not considered a security...

1 minute ago, JJJ2 said:

Would this be the outcome, I just wonder if, as non US citizen, I'd also have any chance to get money back. Considering that everywhere, but in the USA, xrp is not considered a security...

I would say no, because you are not covered by US jurisdiction.

To be honest these are probably the settlement terms that Ripple refused. The main difference between Ripple and Tieron is that Ripple has enough money to defend itself.

I would say no, because you are not covered by US jurisdiction.

To be honest these are probably the settlement terms that Ripple refused. The main difference between Ripple and Tieron is that Ripple has enough money to defend itself.

So "there's no easy way out", just to quote a famous song of the 80es....

1 hour ago, Troote said:

Interesting. I wonder if people still want the SEC lawsuit to be settled... for that outcome...

There is difference between a setllement and a settlement. You seriously think Ripple, CL and BG pay all this army of top level lawyers to get a deal like that?

If Ripple agrees to a settlement it will be with way more favorable terms.

Edited by Panopticon

3 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

There is difference between a setllement and a settlement. You seriously think Ripple, CL and BG pay all this army of top level lawyers to get a deal like that?

If Ripple agrees to a settlement it will be with way more favorable terms.

And you seriously think that the SEC would accept different terms without a fight? I am just saying that all the random people in the XRP army who want a quick settlement, as if it would make their pain go away, should be very careful what they wish for.

3 minutes ago, Troote said:

And you seriously think that the SEC would accept different terms without a fight? I am just saying that all the random people in the XRP army who want a quick settlement, as if it would make their pain go away, should be very careful what they wish for.

that's where we are atm. Fight...

the worsening point in Ripple case is the big bag BG, CL and the others have filled by selling xrp. So it is not only the funds raised by the company. 

Different people and different SEC. If I was brought in an organization to lead it or lead a certain project or negotiation that is already midway the first I would do is analyzed our previous negotiation and stance and why my organization took that stance and see how much merit there is to it. I am not going to go out and fight and make my self look a fool if I think the previous guys position was stupid or had very weak merits. 

3 minutes ago, Troote said:

This is the US judiciary system process. They will both deploy their full arguments and weapons. If SEC feels it has not a strong case anymore it will settle. Of course this works the other way round. But with all this laywering up Ripple is doing, it is obvious that IF a settlement happens it will be much more favorable than what SEC initially probably offered to Ripple.

44 minutes ago, SadtoshiNaggingmoto said:

Would a setlement not aknowledge that XRP is a security and undermine the whole point of the lawsuit? 

If the settlement included a ruling that XRP had been a security has but moved to become an exchange token, then that could keep SEC happy

Edited by WarChest

1 hour ago, solid102 said:

Different people and different SEC. If I was brought in an organization to lead it or lead a certain project or negotiation that is already midway the first I would do is analyzed our previous negotiation and stance and why my organization took that stance and see how much merit there is to it. I am not going to go out and fight and make my self look a fool if I think the previous guys position was stupid or had very weak merits. 

That tells us something about you more than anything.

Unless there is an existential crisis (which is not the case here), the standard practice when a new leader joins an organization is that she does absolutely nothing for the first 6 months. Leaders spend their first 6 months listening, auditing, understanding on-going projects (not just Ripple's lawsuit but everything else that is going on) and how things work. If they disagree with what is going on, they don't change things, they ask questions and offer their support. They build their relationships with their teams based on trust, leave matters to people on the ground who have been working on the topics for years and know exactly what they are doing. After that discovery phase, yes they do inflict change to the organization. But unless there is a serious, urgent crisis on-going (which again, is not the case here), it takes months before a leader requires projects to pivot and change direction. No leader in her right mind would barge in, disrupt on-going projects and undo man-months (man-years?) of efforts during her induction because of a disagreement.

Sorry, but the magic wand that everyone seems to expect is just not going to suddenly appear out of nowhere. This SEC lawsuit is here to stay. The change in leadership may help... or maybe not. You don't even know whether these people agree or disagree with the lawsuit. They might double down, for all you know.

In any case, I would certainly not count on any change of direction in the short/mid-term. The change in leadership won't help reach a conclusion sooner. If anything, it will introduce inertia and further delays.

Edited by Troote

25 minutes ago, Troote said:

That tells us something about you more than anything.

Unless there is an existential crisis (which is not the case here), the standard practice when a new leader joins an organization is that she does absolutely nothing for the first 6 months. Leaders spend their first 6 months listening, auditing, understanding on-going projects (not just Ripple's lawsuit but everything else that is going on) and how things work. If they disagree with what is going on, they don't change things, they ask questions and offer their support. They build their relationships with their teams based on trust, leave matters to people on the ground who have been working on the topics for years and know exactly what they are doing. After that discovery phase, yes they do inflict change to the organization. But unless there is a serious urgency (which again, is not the case here), it takes months before a leader requires projects to pivot and change direction. No leader in her right mind would barge in, disrupt on-going projects and undo man-months (man-years?) of efforts during her induction because of a disagreement.

Sorry, but the magic wand that everyone seems to expect is just not going to suddenly appear out of nowhere. This SEC lawsuit is here to stay. The change in leadership may help... or maybe not. You don't even know whether these people agree or disagree with the lawsuit. They might double down, for all you know.

In any case, I would certainly not count on any change of direction in the short/mid-term. The change in leadership won't help reach a conclusion sooner, it will introduce inertia and further delays.

I guess the only difference maybe here is half the team that brought the case against Ripple, left almost straight after.