Charting the course of XRP

5 minutes ago, retep said:

Well you probably already earned back whatever you invested  in the past few years and even built up a nice stash to play around with, and unfortunately

i'm far from that position. I could have bin there if only i wasn't so stuppid to swap my btc for xrp somewere in 2018, because from there on xrp

did only go down so i have no option than hodl until the better times come, and hopefully this is the time because i've had it with the waiting game.

Come on man, even @LetHerRip started smiling already

And what did you do after your 2018 swap? Didn't accumulate further to pull down your dca? Then you can only blame yourself for still being far from green

3 minutes ago, Hopium said:

Come on man, even @LetHerRip started smiling already

And what did you do after your 2018 swap? Didn't accumulate further to pull down your dca? Then you can only blame yourself for still being far from green

no, i invested everything i could affort at once, so i play this waiting game called hodlers, and it's a multiplayer game alright

because alot of people are in the same game.:D 

27 minutes ago, retep said:

Well you probably already earned back whatever you invested  in the past few years and even built up a nice stash to play around with, and unfortunately

i'm far from that position. I could have bin there if only i wasn't so stuppid to swap my btc for xrp somewere in 2018, because from there on xrp

did only go down so i have no option than hodl until the better times come, and hopefully this is the time because i've had it with the waiting game.

I wont brag more , but I did made a lot but my initial investment was 1000$ only in 2017 , and I sold used shoes to invest in it just to tell you how miserable I was in term of money.
I didnt sell from august to December while BTC was exploding and XRP was slowly going down from 0.3 to 0.15. I bought from 0.29 in early august to 0.15 in early December before the explosion.

Then , I sold my total stash during 2018 , a big % end of January , the last 1000's in December 2018.

I started buy-ing back in end of December 2018 to this day , yes even if I was bearish , because I know crypto is nonsense but has a future.

The early 2017 surge lasted 8 weeks. The late one lasted 3-4.

If this turns out to be a real run, it will interesting to see where it goes, how fast it gets there, and how sharp of a drop after.

I don't care to sell before $3, but it will be extremely nerve wracking after that. Gotta take some profits here eventually. Seeing it hit $10 would be a kick in the balls, but less so than missing an opportunity and sitting in the doldrums for another 3 years.

Edited by mrhat75

Watch the chart guys , it's really really bullish..

It's parabolic move but I don't see any sign of a dump now , it may arrive in some days or weeks but atm 0 sign ! so where are we going before the dump ?

0.65 first move,  than 0.9 are my predictions here

Made a stock of ETH too , it's about to explode too , 800 before 2021 may be really possible finally .

Edited by Baka

1 hour ago, retep said:

Retep step back.  XRP went up 33,000% in 2017, dropped back 98% and ever since we have been consolidating before it is ready to make the next jump.  LetHerRip will tell you it will never happen because the 98% drop was reality and the management of Ripple are scam artists...blah blah blah.....and you can believe that if you want, but most old hands in crypto are telling you that in all likelihood this is the very beginning of a bull run which will go on for another year, and todays prices will by multiplied up like they were last time.  Of course it may never happen, but given the circumstances the chances of similar run up to the one that happened between May 2016 and Jan 2018 are very much in our favour (in the opinion of the crypto community).  To dip out now because you waited longer than you expected, and then have to watch the prices gain and gain would for me at least be torture. 

49 minutes ago, Troote said:

Happy to change my views.  Please elaborate!

It’s about creating value. You do realize that this could be the catalyst that jumpstarts enterprise cross boarder payments. Some of us have been here since 2017 betting the future was crypto and others think it’s just a wealth transfer. Well I’m really hoping it’s not. If it is then you are correct. If it’s not then it will be the first time in human history that money can be sent and settled anywhere humans are in real time.

Edited by Raz

8 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Retep step back.  XRP went up 33,000% in 2017, dropped back 98% and ever since we have been consolidating before it is ready to make the next jump.  LetHerRip will tell you it will never happen because the 98% drop was reality and the management of Ripple are scam artists...blah blah blah.....and you can believe that if you want, but most old hands in crypto are telling you that in all likelihood this is the very beginning of a bull run which will go on for another year, and todays prices will by multiplied up like they were last time.  Of course it may never happen, but given the circumstances the chances of similar run up to the one that happened between May 2016 and Jan 2018 are very much in our favour (in the opinion of the crypto community).  To dip out now because you waited longer than you expected, and then have to watch the prices gain and gain would for me at least be torture. 

I am sympathetic of @retep. It is a 0 sum game. He got the wrong end of the stick. He is lucky he hasn't had to sell, because that would have put an end to all hope. I am empathetic of his soul-crushing situation. There is hope that maybe, new gullible speculators will buy his bag for a pretty penny and take his uncomfortable place.

Let's all drink some fresh glacier water. To hope for bag holders!

35 minutes ago, Troote said:

Happy to change my views.  Please elaborate!

Hi Troote,

I am neither an economist or mathematician, so my view of the meaning of the expression may be wrong.  As I understand it the pluses and negatives, when added together, should come to zero.

Reading your comments, which are often witty and always thoughtful, I find I live by a different paradigm to yours.  For instance I do not see my investment in XRP as "parasitic"  (I think you used that word). I see my investment and an integral contribution to the XRP ecosystem.  A tiny spec of dust in the XRP cosmos, but nevertheless my investment is providing liquidity for ODL and other functioning parts of the ecosystem. (About as significant as my vote in an election).  

I see the liquidity provided as providing a floor to the price, as more than merely speculative.  To my mind XRP, and the management which has been mostly provided by Ripple, have been working tirelessly for many years developing and positioning XRP at the centre of a network that is beginning to crank up very slowly.  So the value of XRP, whilst sometimes being too low and other times too high, is not sitting on nothingness.  XRP has tangible value.

Just my view, not your I know