Charting the course of XRP

2 minutes ago, Ryyy20 said:

Same...I bought at 3+ in 2018 :(

it really sucks..

I feel bad for you , because I feel bad for my losses but some of you lost much more.

how much you bought at 3+ $ ?

Not a lot, have been DCA’ing over the years, chasing that ever so close “bull run”

I have a great job that supplies me with enough to mess around in crypto and not miss it. I look at these prices as something I never in my wild dreams could’ve imagined back in ‘18. Just have no idea how much further we have to fall with what’s going on in the world. 

ive already been told to work remotely at my company as many others have as well...things seem to be coming quickly to a halt in the states 

9 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

where did that graph come from - not seen it before

It's just an upgrade of my existing plots. I wanted to improve the display to show the relative strength of each corridor. It went from this

image.thumb.png.027b603e8cf1e602fe07073a79553a5f.png

to this

image.thumb.png.b9e9a207dcdcd883aa7133088b1044f1.png

and I added other resampling options to give weekly/quarterly/etc sums. I wanted to see if the numbers in the Q4 report matched the figures I get (they do). The final bar in the above plot is today starting at 00:00::00 UTC so it is a small bar as it's only 7am where I am.

The weekly plot is going to be fine. we still have friday (usually good) + sat/sun (not good) to add and it looks like this, so this would be the 4th largest week so far - but I suspect we'll get close to #1 by sunday.

image.thumb.png.938b0ccbdf50b720bfeb9bd4bb060727.png

I suspect that the global shutdown will reduce the amount of money being sent around - so I initially thought ODL will fall - but as only a small % of total traffic is using ODL, we might not see too big an impact. (I plot this data just for my for my own education as I am still waiting for the point where my model of ODL volume / xrp price to kick in).

TA is not particularly helpful at this moment that is dominated by a fundamental shift in risk appetite, but I will say this regarding the recent drops: I've been around crypto long enough and seen enough of these plunges to know that we usually don't just drop down and bounce back up and that's it.  I don't think I've ever seen XRP plunge to a new low never to touch it again.  Usually, the price drops down, rebounds, and then bleeds back down to that level and usually below.  

Long story short: I expect us to revisit the $0.13 level and likely lower over the coming days and weeks before any sort of real recovery.  Happy to be wrong.

8 minutes ago, Molten said:

TA is not particularly helpful at this moment that is dominated by a fundamental shift in risk appetite, but I will say this regarding the recent drops: I've been around crypto long enough and seen enough of these plunges to know that we usually don't just drop down and bounce back up and that's it.  I don't think I've ever seen XRP plunge to a new low never to touch it again.  Usually, the price drops down, rebounds, and then bleeds back down to that level and usually below.  

Long story short: I expect us to revisit the $0.13 level and likely lower over the coming days and weeks before any sort of real recovery.  Happy to be wrong.

well I will have funds to invest in April, so I hope that by then markets will have reset.

5 hours ago, jbjnr said:

It's just an upgrade of my existing plots. I wanted to improve the display to show the relative strength of each corridor. It went from this

image.thumb.png.027b603e8cf1e602fe07073a79553a5f.png

to this

image.thumb.png.b9e9a207dcdcd883aa7133088b1044f1.png

and I added other resampling options to give weekly/quarterly/etc sums. I wanted to see if the numbers in the Q4 report matched the figures I get (they do). The final bar in the above plot is today starting at 00:00::00 UTC so it is a small bar as it's only 7am where I am.

The weekly plot is going to be fine. we still have friday (usually good) + sat/sun (not good) to add and it looks like this, so this would be the 4th largest week so far - but I suspect we'll get close to #1 by sunday.

image.thumb.png.938b0ccbdf50b720bfeb9bd4bb060727.png

I suspect that the global shutdown will reduce the amount of money being sent around - so I initially thought ODL will fall - but as only a small % of total traffic is using ODL, we might not see too big an impact. (I plot this data just for my for my own education as I am still waiting for the point where my model of ODL volume / xrp price to kick in).

They are excellent - perhaps you should supply them on an url where we can follow them and integrate them with other OLD tracking services.

28 minutes ago, Molten said:

make me want to sell at our current price , I'm sure we ll see under 0.1$ 

10 minutes ago, Baka said:

make me want to sell at our current price , I'm sure we ll see under 0.1$ 

It looks like the US markets are going to open with a pop, it may be a "risk on" day.  I've just re-entered BTC and XRP looking to sell probably after today if we get a little bounce.  So far, increased my stack about 6-7% after trading in and out yesterday, definitely wish I had re-entered last night at $4000 but it seemed at that point that the bottom was dropping out.  I expect us to re-test that area soon but I didn't want to be out of the market entirely if it goes the other way.

Yes, I agree, I have now taken everything off the table and am waiting for the retest of last nights lows.  I am targeting sub-4k BTC for a re-entry point and looking for a short term bounce.  This should correlate with XRP around $0.10-0.12.   I am no longer confident in the medium to long term potential of crypto, but there is still plenty of money to be made with wise (and lucky) trades.

BTC is bouncing around some important retracement levels currently but just tested the 0.236 for the second time.  It bounced, but not with the same vigor as before.  If it doesn't convincingly break through ~$5540 then it will likely fall back under 5k and off to the races from there.  

This is much more fun than hodling.

itSqveN3

4 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

They are excellent - perhaps you should supply them on an url where we can follow them and integrate them with other ODL tracking services. (JB - edited OLD->ODL)

Thanks. I don't really have access to a web server that I can upload things like this to. My work has such facilities, but this doesn't really fall into the kind of category I can use for work related material. I don't run a web server from home and I'm not really very good at maintaining that kind of thing. Maybe one of my colleagues has a home server they'd be willing to host plots on...I'll ask.

21 minutes ago, Molten said:

Yes, I agree, I have now taken everything off the table and am waiting for the retest of last nights lows.  I am targeting sub-4k BTC for a re-entry point and looking for a short term bounce.  This should correlate with XRP around $0.10-0.12.   I am no longer confident in the medium to long term potential of crypto, but there is still plenty of money to be made with wise (and lucky) trades.

BTC is bouncing around some important retracement levels currently but just tested the 0.236 for the second time.  It bounced, but not with the same vigor as before.  If it doesn't convincingly break through ~$5540 then it will likely fall back under 5k and off to the races from there.  

This is much more fun than hodling.

itSqveN3

you took off 100% of your crypto?

Just now, Baka said:

you took off 100% of your crypto?

Small HODL stash of XRP but otherwise yes.  Frankly, I'm sick of watching it fall and not capitalizing on the swings.  As I said, I am no longer confident in the long term story but I think there is going to be a lot of volatility in the coming days which, if traded with appropriate discipline, could be very profitable.  We shall see how I fair.  I'll post my targets as I have them and then you can all mock me as I lose everything :P

Just now, Molten said:

Small HODL stash of XRP but otherwise yes.  Frankly, I'm sick of watching it fall and not capitalizing on the swings.  As I said, I am no longer confident in the long term story but I think there is going to be a lot of volatility in the coming days which, if traded with appropriate discipline, could be very profitable.  We shall see how I fair.  I'll post my targets as I have them and then you can all mock me as I lose everything :P

share it , i m going to do the same i ll follow you even if i lose all .

you sold your xrp at 0.165$?

thinking of selling it now at 0.15$